• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hl3 or bust said:
EDIT: actually, it does. "summoning a portal or aperture that rips an individual out of the universe"
Sounds like spatial hax to me. Rimuru should be able to resist that one though even if it's 4D.

i have the same feeling

the issue is that your Imaginary Space Rimuru arguments keep moving further away from what is actually used by anyone else, and is getting to the point that you could say "no one can reach Imaginary Space" and it still be accurate according to your own definitions of it

Sounds like spatial hax to me. Rimuru should be able to resist that one though even if it's 4D.

are you ******** me

"opening a portal that sucks someone into it is spatial hax"

i'm not going to dignify that with a responce because that is blatantly wrong on so many levels

well for one

originally it was just outside of the multiverse. Now it's disconnected from reality. Nedge even argued that someone with 6D range couldn't get to it, so i don't know about his opinion on it

also Rimuru instantly adapting to hax trillions of times stronger than anything in his own verse is blatant wank, yes

are you ******** me

"opening a portal that sucks someone into it is spatial hax"

i'm not going to dignify that with a responce because that is blatantly wrong on so many levels

Basically a black hole then? Or do you mean just because the word "portal" is used, something like sucking-force can't apply? The fact that you'd actually not assume that as the very first thing and instead assume some sort of mindhax or something along those lines is what really is questionable here.

Isn't Destiny going through tier revisions to tier 2? Is this really an okay match to use? It kinda seems like a stomp for Riven.

@Neo

Well for one even outside of that, the Darkness can entice someone to let themselves be Taken. Meaning that the clone would walk into the portal of his own accord. Secondly, when has a portal that sucked someone in instantly meant black hole?

EDIT: sorry if that first bit seems to have come out of nowhere. I honestly only just remembered it

@Kage

Oryx and some high-end Guardians are getting 2-B keys. Riven is unchanged

DragonEmperor23 said:
"The Sea of Screams, the place where it is in the emptiness of the ascendant plane that reaches even the throne worlds that are there. A collective consciousness that maliciously seeks to destroy the mind of one who does not follow the logic of that plane or is simply treated as a virus by it. The Sea of Screams exists throughout the ascendant plane, and the hive uses the same to communicate using whispers, a way of communicating with each other, and destroying the mind and identity of its adversaries. While there are several whispers with all sorts of temptations (like what happened to the user of the thorn) itself contains a infinitude of whispers, which never ends until the mind of the person, his identity, his goal, everything is swallowed by whispers."

Seems pretty clear.
Actually, now that I look at it, Rimuru should be able to disconnect/shut himself off from these "whispers", just like he did with the Voice of the World, which is an (at least) 2-C existence.

I'm a little annoyed at this thread tbh, and it probably wasn't a great idea to get into this right as i woke up. My bad

Actually, now that I look at it, Rimuru should be able to disconnect/shut himself off from these "whispers", just like he did with the Voice of the World, which is an (at least) 2-C existence.

i'm fairly certain that Voice of the World stuff was debunked like 200 posts ago

It's mainly about the form of the mindhax. If it functions through some direct "mind control magic" or some stuff like that, then yes, it would probably have not be equivalent (though I wouldn't rule that out either). But here it's mentioned that it works through "whispers" specifically, like it basically is brainwashing through suggestion, but sped up countless of times. Not even the speed at which this takes effect is specified here though. It actually sounds liks this might be a gradual effect.

Also, wait. Isn't it said that anyone transported to the Ascendant realm gets "linearized" first? As in, they become depowered into being 3D existances? We were in the middle of discussing that when suddenly the discussion regressed back into assuming that we are talking about 4D hax here. If someone can still resist the hax while powered down to a 3D existence, then it should be 3D hax.

no. It's either instant or you resist

no. resisting something while you are 3D does not make the thing you resist 3D. At all.

How are you gonna tell us what we established? Your attitude is getting really vexing, to be honest.

"The world was cruel, but it granted you everything.
That was the world that Veldanava had created.
He, who was alone in the empty space, couldn't bear the solitude.
That was the reason why he created the world: in order to distract himself from the boredom.
Then, just as Veldanava wished for, life was born in this world, and beings began to act freely and asserted their Wills.
Finally, after a long time, humankind was born as a vessel for the soul with free will and high intellect.
Veldanava was thrilled.
For Veldanava, who had been bored with the world of emptiness, even just observing the activities of life was fun, but the activities of the creatures called human beings were even more stirring for him."

"However, there was also a problem.
Humans who acquired intellect stimulated each other and took unpredictable actions.
If he left them unattended, they would immediately begin to fight against each other and would walk on the path of self-destruction.
Several other worlds were born, but he could see that all of them had similar tendencies.
Emotions were always the cause.
Emotions were something that had been given to them and was necessary to give people the stimulus to develop even further, but emotions that had grown unchecked tended to reject the opinions of others.
Different Ideas gave rise to various justices, Veldanava pondered.
He decided to accept such phenomena were some necessary evils and the way of the world as a training ground for the soul.
If humans were to be controlled completely, conflicts would disappear.
However, they would lose the stimulus from emotions and the world would end up as a Dystopia, where people were all equal but without free will.
Such a world was not what Veldanava desired.
After that, he experimented many times and tried to develop humans into the direction that he hoped for.
The conditions in many of the Parallel Worlds minutely deviated from one another, which led them to achieve different evolutions.

Meanwhile, he carefully chose humans with matured souls and created Angels and Demons as the manager of the souls without a lifespan.
He constructed a system so that the souls circulated to all dimensions.
He restricted the managers so they wouldn't cause excessive interference and appointed the role of the Observer so that the foundation of the world wouldn't be destroyed.
Those he appointed to be Observers were Guy, Ramiris, and Dino.
I didn't seem to be able to see anything spiritual because the little amount of magic essence in my former world, but perhaps that world might have an Observer, too.
Oh well, not like that thing mattered to me now though.
Anyway, the construction of the system was completed.
The subjugation of the Giants and the likes that appeared irregularly was finished and the world had stabilized."

Again, keep in mind Ciel's FIRST CASUAL feat was her concealing this 2-C entity, and Rimuru got far stronger since than, hence his fight with Yuuki, and he can use his Ultimate Form which increases his strength x2.

Literally your entire claim was that the VotW is has 2-C mind hax for being 2-C. You've gone on to not prove this at all and merely assume it to be true

It's because it literally speaks to you whenever you get a new skill. It's like that for everyone, and Rimuru outright distinguishes it from Great Sage, which would soon become Ciel, which casually concealed it.

Wouldn't it also be Soul hax considering it tells people skills including unique and ultiamte skills that come from the soul.

Everything12 said:
Wouldn't it also be Soul hax considering it tells people skills including unique and ultiamte skills that come from the soul.
Because this argument is dumb and you dont need soul hax to mind hax someone

As I said, it's about the method of applying it.

An example: Say someone can shoot a "mindbeam" that friess someone's brain if it reaches it. The target does not have mindhax resistance, so if it hits it would instantly mindbreak the target. However the target got a "anti-beam shield that can nullify all beams", and so the target would resist the attack because it's a beam attack specifically.

Same thing here. Whispers can't mindhax if they can't reach.

How did it kill Veldanava again? Didn't it indirectly do it by making humans kill him and his wife so that it looked like it was purely the humans doing?

No, that explains it's AT LEAST a 2-C entity.

"《Notification. Manas (God's Wisdom Core): Ciel was born from Ultimate Skill『Wisdom Lord Raphael』.
This announcement was concealed by Manas: Ciel.》

Suddenly, the "Voice of the World" had reached my mind.
This is…… an evolution?
Raphael-sensei, no Ciel-sensei seemed to be able to hide it in concealment mode.

Ciel seemed to able to conceal even the "Voice of the World". I'm amazed."

At LEAST 2-C resistance to mindhax.

Everything12 said:
How did it kill Veldanava again? Didn't it indirectly do it by making humans kill him and his wife so that it looked like it was purely the humans doing?
No, it's because he loved Lucia, instead of everyone equally, Lucia died.

You still haven't proven 2-C mind hax at all

@Neo

What????? That is a blatant red herring. The logic you are using to day rhat Ciel can't be affected does not work. Simple as that

Isn't that less resisting mind hax, its not preventing the world from reading and communciating with his mind its more controlling the system so that the system doesn't reveal it, wouldn't that be law hax or reality warping or something.

The point is it can shut out the voice of a 2-C existence.

And in this thread we have the case of a Low 2-C existence using accelerated compressed voices to brainwash someone.

The method is the same so the resistance should be appliable.

Also it only ever seems to affect people in a 3D state. Earlier I asked for mindhax feats against someone who is 4D (and at the time of the feat NOT "lineralized") and I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Except that the SoS is is not literally a voice

It is not suggestion, or whatever you want to call it. Its is mind hax. Plain and simple

It didn't prevent the Voice of the World comunicating with Rimuru it controlled it and stopped it from speaking to everyone else, thats not mind hax resistance its conrtrolling a mulitversal system but its not preventing it from talking to Rimuru's mind. "Suddenly, the "Voice of the World" had reached my mind."

Besides the system didn't kill Veldanava, its used a enemy nation as proxy to kill him and his wife, also its very debatable if he was 2-C then considering its a fact that when he had Milim he lost alot of his power, though he might have still had his Skills and Primordial Magic, but he was definitely skilled by humans so he probably wasn't anywhere close to 2-C.

Is it actually stated that the "whispers" are not actual whispers? Just dismissing a potential weakpoint of an ability like that as a figure of speech is cherrypicking.

Everything12 said:
It didn't prevent the Voice of the World comunicating with Rimuru it controlled it and stopped it from speaking to everyone else, thats not mijn dhax resistance its conrtrolling a mulitversal system but its not preventing it from talking to his mind..
Besides the system didn't kill Veldanava, its used a enemy nation as proxy to kill him and his wife, also its very debatable if he was 2-C then considering its a fact that when he had Milim he lost alot of his power, though he might have still had his Skills and Primordial Magic, but he was definitely skilled by humans so he probably wasn't anywhere close to 2-C.
I have no idea what you are trying to argue here.

NeoSuperior said:
Is it actually stated that the "whispers" are not actual whispers? Just dismissing a potential weakpoint of an ability like that as a figure of speech is cherrypicking.
Says the guy constantly redefining things to suit what he wants

Of the SoS was literally just whispers, it would only be Infinite 3D mind hax and not treated as anything special. As already stated and proven, it isn't

But it seems anyone thrown into the Ascendant Realm has been depowered into 3D (from what I read here at least), so are there actually any feats proving that it got 4D potency? Since said "4D mindhax resistance" scaled from that in the first place, if I understood it correctly.

Back