• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"Suddenly, the "Voice of the World" had reached my mind." Rimuru thought this, meaning that it did reach Rimuru's mind and that was able to see that his 'soul' has acquired a new skill and Ciel just took control of the Voice of the World and prevented it from notificating everyone else about the new skill, thats not mind resistance that something like Law Hax or something else.

NeoSuperior said:
But it seems anyone thrown into the Ascendant Realm has been depowered into 3D (from what I read here at least), so are there actually any feats proving that it got 4D potency? Since said "4D mindhax resistance" scaled from that in the first place, if I understood it correctly.
Where did anyone say this? I can tell you right now that they are wrong

Ciel uses the Voice of the World as a medium to speak to Rimuru in the first place. She was just narrating the contents of the "announcement" to him.

Everything12 said:
"Suddenly, the "Voice of the World" had reached my mind." Rimuru thought this, meaning that it did reach Rimuru's mind and that was able to see that his 'soul' has acquired a new skill and Ciel just took control of the Voice of the World and prevented it from notificating everyone else about the new skill, thats not mind resistance that something like Law Hax or something else.
It said the annoucement was made by Ciel, meaning, that it was if she was talking to him as normal.

Where did anyone say this? I can tell you right now that they are wrong

After reading about the "linerization" thing with the Vex, I have been asking for any feats, where a 4D being (in a state that isn't "lineralized") gets mindhaxed, and can be scaled to Riven. Just that. Didn't receive a single answer yet.

Although even that wouldn't change things much anyway. I still won't accept that mindhax can just affect a fragment of a soul without corresponding soulhax. What would soulhax even be good for then? There needs to be a distinction.

No, I simply got doubtful when I read that the Destinyverse seems to have a practise of Power Nulling 4D beings into 3D beings. A single feat of mindhax working on a 4D being who isn't linerarized, that can scale to Riven is all it takes to address this, though as I said, that by itself wouldn't be enough for Riven to win this.

NeoSuperior said:
Although even that wouldn't change things much anyway. I still won't accept that mindhax can just affect a fragment of a soul without corresponding soulhax. What would soulhax even be good for then? There needs to be a distinction.
Just because you won't personally accept the act of mind haxing something requiring mind hax doesn't change the fact that you need mind hax to mind hax someone

The Ascendant Plane isn't 3D, nor are the Throne Worlds and SoS within it. It is on the same level of existence as the Vex Gate System which allows Vex from multiple timelines to exist as well as places where the Vex simulate at least trillions of timelines in parallel.

Every Throne World has it's own spatial/temporal laws along with the owner defining anything else about the space as well.

NeoSuperior said:
No, I simply got doubtful when I read that the Destinyverse seems to have a practise of Power Nulling 4D beings into 3D beings. A single feat of mindhax working on a 4D being who isn't linerarized, that can scale to Riven is all it takes to address this, though as I said, that by itself wouldn't be enough for Riven to win this.

Im done

Have your fake win based on ignorance and deliberate misinterprtation

Again, I wasn't talking about the Ascendant Plane itself being 3D or 4D.

For the Xth time: All I want to see is a mindhax feat that can be scaled to Riven and is shown to affect a 4D being who is not "linearized".

I was curious about something so I checked the Web Novel RAWs for Slime. Turns out we might have a huge CRT on our hands that could completely turn this match around. Look forward to it.

Someone can just bring Celestial Pegasus here for know if things are true? because i will be honest, he is the one i completly trust about Tensei verse.

A lot of the arguments for Rimuru contain fallacies or straight up ignore some of Riven's stuff, but it doesn't seem like the people who voted for Rimuru won't be changing their minds.

WHYNAUT said:
A lot of the arguments for Rimuru contain fallacies or straight up ignore some of Riven's stuff, but it doesn't seem like the people who voted for Rimuru won't be changing their minds.
It really comes down to how souls and mindhax interact. Basically "Can mindhax interact with souls directly without the corresponding level of soulhax". This hasn't really been resolved. I mean if Mind Manipulation can just directly affect souls then we might as well just remove Soul Manipulation all together from this site, no?

CRT you mean Shion and Rimuru Mind Immunity cuz I just looked at the chapter 81 and it was.... soulhax. Resistance even. Normal resistance. I can read and speak Japanese btw I'm like the translator of this wiki.

Yes, if soul has mind of its own, it can be mindhaxed. Mind isn't physical, after all, why you need body to affect the mind.

Then what the heck is soulhax supposed to be? The more people claim mindhax works on it the more soulhax feels like it can just be discarded.

NeoSuperior said:
Then what the heck is soulhax supposed to be? The more people claim mindhax works on it the more soulhax feels like it can just be discarded.
Dude, are you kidding me, manipulation of souls and manipulation of mind are different. Yes, you can mindhax the souls because they have minds and you can manipulate souls to not bother manipulating mind of it. The same shit with difference of mind control and body puppetry.

Doesn't that only apply if feats are presented that the mindhax can affect souls?

Also the whole Soul/Mind/Spirit issue has been a huge pain for the Slimeverse TL. Every TL seems to TL it however they prefer for themselves.

The translator for the LN version seems to have translated it as mindhax. Even outright says

"In other words, she can think with her soul. That means she has complete immunity against all mind control effects."

to which Rimuru scales.

Though I need to check if WN and LN RAWs actually say the same thing.

The light novel went into details about the soul and made distinctions, astral body, spiritual body, and soul, since Shiroyasha confirmed the web novel is only talking about souls the immunity doesn't apply to the web novel characters.

Neo is right though that unless the mind hax also affects Rimuru's soul then it's pointless since Ciel who exists within Rimuru's soul and is his other personality and take control of Rimuru's body, or analyze what's affecting Rimuru and come with countermeasures or reactive evolution since even just trying to predict his opponents attacks was enough for Rimuru to get precog.

<The immunity doesn't apply to the web novel characters

Ladies and gentleman give me your Rimuru votes, I'll toss them in the bag myself

The "immunity" is something I only brought up as a potential CRT upgrade like 10 or so posts ago. It has absolutely nothing to do with the votes cast for Rimuru up to this point.

Rather CP supports my original point: Ciel can't be mindhaxed. So the scenario that I described some time ago still applies. Ultimately Rimuru will be able to cast Infinite Prison and seal Riven. That's what the victory condition for Rimuru was supposed to be in the first place.

Lol you weren't the only one that brought it up

Besides, didn't we already establish that Ricen can affect non-corporals?

How good is Riven's soul hax?

He won't get past Rimuru's soul resistance unless it's above working on several thousand ppl at once.

Unless both his mind and soul hax is to that degree then he isn't really gonna do anything to Ciel.

Thogh even then Rimuru's resistance should be above several thousand since that was only with his ultimate skills and primative magic>ultimate skills which made soul hax resistance pointless, and similarly it should give resistance to lower abilities like ultimate skills i think, at the very least Yuuki's soul hax with primative magic doesn't work on him, said primitive magic could bypass soul resistance granted by ultimate skills.

If anything, VoTW would be 2-C though. But IMO it shouldn't apply to anything other than that "whispers" thing, which I still don't know which ability of Riven exactly it belongs to.

VOTW is 2-C actually.

As for this match it comes down to whether Riven can bypass Rimuru's soul resistance, cause mind hax is pointless for the very same reasons the light novel characters have mind hax immunity, he can think only with his soul, more accurately his other personality can.

Back