• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru Tempest (Light Novel) vs Noah (Owari no Chronicle)

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
What does Noah start with?
Flying a few km into the sky, while setting up a concept space, while releasing its army, I would think.

GLHF22 said:
With the hell, what Rimuru can do against concepts manip type 2?
Not all concept manipulation just oneshots those without resistance to it. Noah's is for the most part used as a mechanism to use abilities.

Well, Rimuru does have his Coercion. Isn't that passive?
You mean fear inducement and stuff? Automatons kinda lack emotions, so I don't think you can afflict them with fear.

The automata and Gods of War can use gravity control to defend against lightbeams by bending them. So I guess they have some defense against Megiddo.

More than the army its Noah's subsequent use of concept powers that he should worry about.

The concept of ability reversal hits most hax people really bad and a hit with the Stillness Concept could be fatal.

How does that "conceptual space" work exactly? Can any concepts only be used within? Do effects from within carryover to the outside? How exactly does it trap an enemy within? Can the target resist being dragged into it and if yes, what would need to be resisted?

To explain it without introducing verse specific terms:

A concept space is a space that has the same objects and location as the space where it was created, but different concepts. Its set up by modifying the concepts of the objects and people in the surrounding so that they match the concepts used in the concept space.

Only things with similar concepts can interact with each other, which makes it impossible for an object inside a concept space to travel to a place with different concepts, like everything outside the concept space. Hence one needs the ability to alter ones own concepts to freely enter, leave or prevent being dragged into one. (Even then entering or leaving anywhere except the border of the concept space, will result in ones concept being damaged)

As the Information Concealing concept demonstrates a concepts effect can persist outside a concept space.

Under normal circumstances a concept space is set up to make use of a concepts full power. Weaker versions of the concepts can also be used without doing so. Noah could also use full power versions without first creating a concept space, but doing so would result in the destruction of the universe.

bump, at least once more.

Inorganic characters (type 2) are unnafected by Mindhax due to not having an organic brain. Soulhax and Death hax also doesnt work on most cases because they dont have a life force and aren't even alive in the first place

Ah, then what about Rimuru's law + power null that ends a couple kilometers?
Power Null will probably not do anything, unless it can null 2-C Concepts.

What does he use his law stuff for exactly?

That shouldn't do much to Noah, as Noah can modify the world so that her abilities are usable. That's literally the primary function of her concept manipulation.

Heck, Noah was once sealed into the void, a space where no concept existed at all (not even the concepts of time, space or nothingness) and she could still restore/retain her functionality.

I don't it would. She can easily oneshot and bypassed his Regenerationn with conceptual manipulation Type 2.

What's new for Rimuru?

Noah starts by sending out its army, flying high into the air and creating a concept space. See my long post above for a more detailed explanation on what a concept space is.

Basically every Owari no Chronicle character fights by making use of their concepts. The range of possible applications is listed in the Notable A&T section.

Noah has incredibly fast RE & AD as well. Power Null will probably still not work against 2-C concepts.

What does the Law Manip do this time? Last time Noah's Concept Manip basically invalidated it.

Radiation shouldn't do much on that giant metal thing, neither should corruption unless its really special.

What kind of concept manip are we talking?

How fast? Rimuru's RE+AD are pretty much instant, able to keep up with people with 300+ years of skills and situations as they happen.

Law Manipulation is a space (lol, law manipulation and domains) where your magic is nulled. Why wouldn't power null work if there's no resistance?

Radiation that corrupts you into a monster or half-spirit.

Type 3, which can be added to any of his attack with a thought.

Also, Rimuru's attacks are thought-based.

Rimuru has Hasten thought which boosts his thoughts and perception by a thousand times.

I'm kind a sucker for math but in Rimuru's Demon Lord Key, his thoughts and perception are boosted a million of times where he can experience several dozens of days in a few seconds which says something about it.

The Conceptual Manipulation Type 3 works by Rimuru adding concept in his sword such as severance, slash, etc. which functions like reality warping effect like "severance", which causes a Daemon who is strongly resistant to magical attacks and remains unharmed by physical attacks, get cut through as easily as butter as a result of combining magic effects with aura.

Several evolutions per second at least.

That's exactly the same as last time.... so to quote my response to you last time:

DontTalkDT said:
That shouldn't do much to Noah, as Noah can modify the world so that her abilities are usable. That's literally the primary function of her concept manipulation.
Heck, Noah was once sealed into the void, a space where no concept existed at all (not even the concepts of time, space or nothingness) and she could still restore/retain her functionality.
Concept manip overwrites law manip.... and Noah ain't using magic anyway.

Unless it corrupts the ground below Rimuru's feet into a living being I doubt that will work. Even if it does Noah just Evolves / Regenerates herself back.

Type 3 what? Concept destruction? Noah has control over the Type 2 concepts of the multiverse, so I doubt it will do much of anything.

So are Noah's.

For short: Betrayed Expectations + Ability Reversal take this again. (Or stillness concept)

You should be able to nullify it, especially since you said Noah has to fly up and do it. Rimuru definitely wouldn't sit there and do nothing, and start with sight-based Info Analysis+Power Null.

Rimuru's Law Manipulation also effects the world, so I'd believe it can also something to Noah. It's stated to modify the laws of the world regardless.

It works on organic things, so yeah it should work. How could you regen from turning into an entire different individual? Evolving I can kinda understand, but what are you evolving against? This aura is passive and should reach kilometers, btw.

Just basic Type 3 Conceptual destruction, nothing really special in terms of concept manip.

Rimuru resists having his powers modified, as they exist in his soul.

Back