• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How does the Time hax work on Rick when his resurrection is in a different universe? His IG hax only applies to one universe.

BigSmoke4269 said:
I haven't watched that episode.
Anyways, if his resurrection is in another universe, won't that make him BFR himself?
Not really, if he is gonna resurrect and go back to the fight, then it doesnt qualify for Self-BFR

Debating with Rick is hard since he's so unpredictable in hypothetical debates. I do think Rick would win due to equipment, prep time, and most of all prior knowledge. If Rick is aware of the Infinity Gauntlet's abilitiles, he will do all he can to stop Thanos from using it. And Rick would also fully understand that enganging Thanos in close combat would be suicide due to the massive gap in physical strength. Rick would use a device to get rid of the IG or simply prevent Thanos from snapping before shooting him with a gun that ignores convential durability, or maybe transmutate Thanos, or maybe BFR him, or maybe-ok the point is that Rick has a lot of wincon's mainly due to prior knowledge. Rick is a supergenius with equipment that reaches into tier 5-A with countless hax's, MCU Thanos is a strong guy with a haxed gauntlet. I guess I could try to think of some specific scenario's for Rick to win if anyone wants me to try that since all I've said is that Rick could find a way to stop the snap then just kill Thanos. But overall, I think the real reason Rick should be voted for is that he has more wincon's. The only way I could actually see Thanos winning is via the snap, something Rick with prior knowledge would do everything in his power to prevent, meanwhile Rick has several ways of killing Thanos. The equalized speed also gives Rick a big advantage since it means Thanos can't blitz him or snap before Rick can do anything. I think it should also be taken into account that, in character, Thanos likely wouldn't resort to the snap unless he came to the conclusion that he needed it for the purpose of beating Rick.

Edit: Just remembered that Thanos also has prior knowledge and prep time. I think that this still wouldn't help much other than Thanos understanding what Rick can do to him if he's careless. Now, it's still debatable whether or not Thanos would decide that the snap is necessary against Rick, but if he does and decides to attempt it right once the battle begins, that makes things a bit different, I still think there's a high possiblility that Rick wins but it makes things more questionable.

the 1st thing thanos does in character is snapping when he has the whole gauntlet

Also, even with prep and prior knowledge, how can rick find a way to get thanos out before thanos snaps his fingers??

Wat, is that not situational due to his goal being getting the infinity guantelet to erase half of the universe? Are we just going with that he still has that goal as a pirotity here?

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
Wat, is that not situational due to his goal being getting the infinity guantelet to erase half of the universe? Are we just going with that he still has that goal as a pirotity here?
I was just gonna assume that in this fight Thanos is only prioritizing the defeat of Rick, nothing else.

If he has prior knowledge that rick is trying to kill him he would use the snap offensively against rick

He can control who he snaps

In fact, if we assume he doesn't snap, Thanos closes his fist, turns everything rick has into bubbles (helps he has prior knowledge of rick's powerful gadgets), and then gets rid of rick

I guess vital signs being gone? It is kind of a project of his so I'd assume it is based on something like that.

Didn't Thanos use an energy blast when Thor didn't go for the head at him instead of snapping?

IIRC that device only requires to press a button which might be as fast if not faster than snapping ir Rick holds the device in his hand at the start of the fight.

Chinos' main issue here is that even with knowledge, Rick would outsmart him.

Death Crystal to know what would happen to him if he lets him snap, Phasing to accelerate his own speed and whatever shit he wants to use to stop Thanos from snapping.

Even if he doesn't accelerate, this would be incon. Thanos always raise his arm to snap and then he does it. For some gadgets all that Rick has to do is aim and press a button, which takes the same time.

How is Thanos getting past PP tho? Rick would just come back and will eventually take care of Thanos with it.

He'd do it if he's about to die. He doesn't like to do it, but he did it to clean the house after a party.

You think he'd actually use the snap against one person? Unlikely tbh.

Not to mention it still doesn't handle Project Phoenix

Thanos kills RS by pulling him out from a timeline before his preparation is complete - Vision style.

That's an extreme oversimplification that prevents people from thinking beyond it, users should stop doing that. There are a lot of factors here.

• Both characters with prep and prior knowledge operate completely different. Rick wouldn't just aim for the killing hax as soon as he can like Thanos would. He would just never get in problems for what he knows his opponents can do, creating something/a plan to counter to that.
  • In particular this would mean that Rick could have an external machine quickly kill him if he gets incapacitated.
  • A Death Crystal would allow Rick to already know the result of the battle within prep, all he has to do is not follow a future where he dies by Thanos. This isn't like what Strange did as this time where would be a massive amount of futures where Thanos loses.

That's about right.

Also prior knowledge doesn't mean Thanos knows 100% of what Rick can do.

Heck Rick might even use outside factors to help him like hiring people and such.

Back