• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 days of prep and everything he has ever had. I don't think that's enough to infinitely clone, have infinite clones or transfer conciousnessess for all eternity.

Speaking of which, isn't that whole "Universe ceases to exist with 682" 100% accepted? Why is there a possibly in front of it?

Rick doesn't have any means of killing 682. I don't think we can assume with his tech and extra prep he'll suddenly gain new hax he's never shown able to create in that time.

But I don't think Rick would indefinitely range spam 682. Especially just out of the fact that he's not killing it that was nor would initially know to range spam. I think it's likely eventually he'll try something close enough range for 682 to kill him.

I'm leaning towards 682 or inconclusive.

Also real question: How good is that Void Manip of Rick? It's the only thing he has that can possibly put 682 down depending on its level/method. Otherwise I'll probably give this to the SCP by virtue of not being a Glass Canon and, as far as I know, Rick's time freeze doesn't last forever.

If Rick has Void Manipulation that can be reasonably said to work on a being like 682 and if 682 is vulnerable to time stop, then I'll vote for Rick.

@Ryu He only has Void Manip listed on his profile but I don't see anything listed below that may look like said power. That's the reason I'm asking if someone knows. Unless he does have a good one, I agree with what you said. 682 probably takes it.

His void manipulation comes from the fact that his time shenanigans put him, Summer, and Morty into what I like to call Schrodinger space, where everything is or isn't. And if they didn't become is, they become isn't.

Grammar sucks, but it's the words Rick used.

I'm Shrodinger voting and not going with anyone on this thread for now ovo

Inconclusive for me. Seems to be too many variables in a real complex match.

The real cal howard said:
...into what I like to call Schrodinger space, where everything is or isn't. And if they didn't become is, they become isn't.
Grammar sucks, but it's the words Rick used.
Giphywut
Trying to figure out this reply.

I vote 682 based on not being a glass cannon and reasons previously stated, also this Schrodinger Space doesn't seem like something Rick can control at will. Since he doesn't have a reliable means of killing the thing, it will (cue Cal screaming in the background as I use the one argument he hates the most) go adapting to everything Rick has . At some point he gets slapped or something and then 682 calls it a day.

Yeah restating what I said before don't think Rick will have a real way of killing 682 like this, maybe if he had confirmed access to all of 682s logs he'd win but as it stands 682 would probably take this if Rick just tries to BFR him or use something again like the anti matter gun, either of which 682 would just fire back and kill Rick with.

Rick could literally spend 2 hours and 23 minutes doing drugs and shit and then whip up some existence erasing technology. Or some weird universal space time collapser. I'm serious.

I vote for Rick (win by BFR). Rick has dealt with higher dimensional beings and technolgies in the past (A Rickle in Time). It seems likely Rick has a way to open portals to higher dimensions. All Rick needs to do is use a portal to send SCP-682 to the Ravelwoods or any similar higher dimensional plane. This would take SCP-682 "a few years" to come back, which counts as a win via BFR for Rick.

He has the power to access higher dimensonal planes though, so with 3 days prep, he could find a suitable "hard to leave" higher dimensional plane. I only mentioned the Ravelwoods specifically because it comes with a measuable removal duration, but any "hard to leave" higher dimensional plane would work.

Only reason 682 was unable to leave the Ravelwoods for so long is because of a ton of really specific properties of the realm that makes it difficult for anything there in general to leave, even if they have the means to do so. Traveling through other higher dimensional realms tends to be a lot easier, at least in SCP.

@WeeklyBattles Ah I see. I was assuming there were an infinite number of higher dimensional planes with equal "escape dificulty" as the Ravelwoods. (Based on the Rick and Morty logic of there are infinite dimensions that are just slightly different from one another).

Nah, it took a ton of prep time and resources to create a ritual capable of sending 682 there, and the only reason it took that long for 682 to escape is because the only way out of the Ravelwoods is through a Way, which 682 is barred from using, and the Ravelwoods' innate magic is simultaneously intertwined with and rejecting the magic of the Library, making escape by any means other than a Way virtually impossible, but the lizard got out anyways.

WeeklyBattles said:
There are infinite universes, yes, but higher diensions...thats under debate at the moment.
im making an outerversal scp you just wait

ill fufill my dream of tier 0 001 muahahahaha

@SITH

Tier 0 SCPverse isn't happening even if the verse happens to have 1-As

Swann (The Supreme Beings who see all the rest of the SCPverse as fiction) are refered as several entities, rather than a single one

The reason BFR won't work is that uh...

http://www.scp-wiki.net/experiment-log-t-98816-oc108-682

Item: SCP-702

Tissue Test Record: Tissue sample offered as trade item to SCP-702-1. 702-1 accepted, trading it for what appears to be a two-patty hamburger as commonly sold by the [REDACTED] franchise.

Termination Test Record: SCP-682 is contained and offered as a trade item to SCP-702-1. 702-1 considers the tank for roughly 13 minutes before taking it. Item left in exchange is a metal cage, containing a specimen of Psittacula krameri manillensis (rose-ringed parakeet).

16 hours later, SCP-682 is returned to the chamber where the trading was effected, without its containment tank. SCP-702-1 is reluctant to divulge information regarding this event. Examination of debris regurgitated by 682 during the proceeding re-containment reveals fragments from a number of curious items, including [DATA EXPUNGED]. The parakeet is currently being kept at Dr. Quater's office.

@Inti As well as the incidents with 507 and ●●|●●●●●|●●|●, and the statement from the Serpents Hand saying 682 cant be permanently banished to a non-earth plane

I am changing my vote to inconclusive. After reading a lot about SCP-682 (btw huge fan of SCP now) he has resistances to most of what Rick has got. Specifically resistance to BFR and physics manipulation are important. Rick has really only ever shown 2 feats "on par" with SCP-682, and those are both higher dimensional feats involving the time crystal.

The first is not listed on Rick's profile here, but it is "time pistol" that Rick makes that can shoot across timelines (can kill people in a parallel timeline). This has potential to kill SCP-682, but evidence points to that being a pretty bad idea (potential to end the universe).

The second is the void manipulation also done with the time crystal (Schrodinger space). It seems unlikely that Rick would be able to trigger uncertainty in SCP-682 to remove him via this technique (especially if SCP-682 can adapt back to being certain). However, Rick describes this place as "outside timelines". Considering Rick is still moving and cause & effect are still applicable, I would assume they are in some sort of localized timestream outside of time.

Rick could avoid SCP-682 by going here. Considering Schrodinger space has very similar properties to SCP's Extratemporal Site 000 (which doesn't contain a shell of SCP-682), Rick would probably hideout here and maybe even start a new life here (he's abandoned universes before to avoid a tough fight).

Vote inconclusive since neither has the power to kill the other reasonably.

BardiKnowledge said:
However, Rick describes this place as "outside timelines". Considering Rick is still moving and cause & effect are still applicable, I would assume they are in some sort of localized timestream outside of time.

Rick could avoid SCP-682 by going here. Considering Schrodinger space has very similar properties to SCP's Extratemporal Site 000 (which doesn't contain a shell of SCP-682), Rick would probably hideout here and maybe even start a new life here (he's abandoned universes before to avoid a tough fight).

Vote inconclusive since neither has the power to kill the other reasonably.
Wouldn't that count as a surrender? considering OP made sure Rick would have the dedication to try and kill 682.

Spent so gaddmn long on a reply I auto logged out and lost it

My points were simple

Couldn't rick just kill it and travel to a dimension where it never existed to survive or is 682 being a universal constant also meaning it is everywhere in the multiverse not just one dimension.

Even if 682 existed in every timeline couldn't Rick just destroy the multiverse and travel to the place where he stole the time crystal. Wouldn't the 4th dimension be seperated from us? Hell theres probably a way for him to make a mircoverse that survives the destruction if THAT dosen't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back