• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I'm gonna propose a few changes and then add more as I bump this.

On Rick

• His first 3 keys are entirely inappropriate, he should have only 2; Base & with prep/Optional Equipment, the latter should have an "up to" in the last stat and start with a Varies.
  • His Standard Equipment is pretty bad (as of now it just says "Portal gun, spaceship, and various inventions"). It should be "Portal gun, a futuristic gun (usually has one but its purposes varies between shooting energy and disintegrating people), disintegration watch, snake producer" and more later, I need to see that thing he used on Look Who's Purging Now.
  • Immersion as shown in Lawnmower Dog via going inside of other's dreams.
  • His Power Nullification and Curse Manipulation is just Purification
  • His Time Stop end up messing with time on A Rickle in Time, pretty clear Time Manipulation.
  • Antimatter Manipulation via selling an anti-matter gun to a hitman on Mortynight Ru.
  • Deconstruction via several things that reduce targets to ashes. He did that to an alien baby at the end of Auto Erotic Assimilatio, to a doctor at the start of Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate and in Look Who's Purging Now with a device that I'm not sure how to describe as of now. The latter 2 are things that would go in his Standard Equipment.
  • The Immortality Type 6 is wrong but he does have Possession via transfering his brain to clones (Big Trouble in Little Sanchez) and to other living targets (The Rickshank Rickdemptio), thing is we don't know if he can use that to live forever.
  • "The smartest person in the universe" should be one of his classifications as said in The Wedding Squanchers & The Rickshank Rickdemptio.
  • He says in The Wedding Squanchers that he "could turn a black hole into a sun", so there's that.
  • The Portal Gun shows having a function that can be described as Status Effect Inducement (maybe it was also Sound Manipulation, I'm gonna check that later).

Yes (is that canon?), the whole setting thing can be argued to be why it sometimes shots energy and sometimes vaporizes things

Acrobatics for Pickle Rick.

Social Influencing for Rick, a good example would be at the end of Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender where he claims that 20 people try to kill him every week and he ends up getting high with half of them. He also shows having his neck protected by an automatic wave of energy that throws eveything away, so Energy Projection.

His lab coat has a bomb in it, this is Explosion Manipulation and maybe even Self-Destruction, this being part of his Standard Equipment. (The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy)

Rick's Low 2-C feat comes from the comics, so yes

That said, I also saw from this thread that merging timelines is 2-C, maybe Rick's timeline merging feat could give him a possible tier upgrade

From Morty's Mind Blowers

• Clairvoyance: Rick making "a little edting" allowed Morty to see parts of memories that didn't belong to him.
  • Extrasensory Perception: Rick & Morty could see and hear a ghost.
Edit: I forgot, the memory eraser Rick uses there should be part of his Standard Equipment as well.

Ok this is the last one

• In The ABC's of Beth Rick says and shows to have created things with powers he doesn't have, this being Invisibility cuffs, fall a sleep darts, an indestructible bat and mind control hair clips
  • "Create portals to others universes" is very limited to his Portal Creation, he can make portals to any part of his and other universes.
  • Rick's laser dodging feat is a clear outlier, he doesn't have Sub-Relativistic+ reactions. Given how it's written and how clear of an outlier that is I'm guessing some stuff about it that are better not to mention.
  • "Death Inducement via touch" is misleading, I recommend "(Unexplored, but touch him could induce instant death during The Rickchurian Mortydate where he had no sight of having any new equipment despite never making use of this before)".
  • Information Analysis goes in his base as he used his watch to show how 9 people had a clear shot on him. Apparently the same with his Forcefield Creation and Attack Reflection.
  • On his Standard Equipment he had various small explosive devices and candies that apparently made 2 kids kill each other when eaten. He can also create many holograms of himself, users are recently pointing this as Illusion Creation, which doesn't seem to be wrong so he should have that as well. And lastly, he could see an invisible squad, that would be added to the Extrasensory Perception said before.

There is no reason to remove his inventions key, and his equipment is listed in attacks/techniques.

However, his age should be at least 70 due to the episode where he removed his and Morty's negative traits.

You are completely wrong, the equipment listed there isn't standard for him, it's stuff in his house or that he briefly used before.

The profile is completely disorganized, I fail to see the why of that response. His Standard Equipment lies about the name of the key, literally has his spaceship and "various inventions" is just vague, and his Notable Attacks/Techniques makes no distinction between standard and optional equipment.

If it's his invention, and he can carry it around, and use it without needing too much prep time, it is relevant equipment. This is always how it is.

Distinction is not that section's job.

The profile is locked, I will be able to apply the changes in some hours (4 or 5). If the profile stays unlocked I will also add links with evidence for the stuff it says, better descriptions for his notable attacks/techniques and some gifs in the following days.

I'm not sure what you wanted me to elaborate on, we just don't delete equipment because they don't use it every time.

I don't want to remove it, just move the equipment he doesn't use every time on optional equipment and a second key with prep time. Since the creation of the Standard Equipment we shouldn't add equipment as Standard Equipment if a character doesn't use the stuff every time, if most profiles don't do that it really doesn't matter as many are likely wanked.

@Ant Done.

@Cropfist Not sure which one you mean but nothing was deleted as much as it was moved. Now, for example, in a normal vsthread a normal user would know that Rick can use his Freeze Ray but not his Time Freeze without needing to know the show, see other vsthreads about Rick or ask other users.

Looking at this better the Portal Gun's self-destruction can deconstruct targerts and send them into a small portal before exploding, which would possibly be Deconstruction and definitely BFR, Rick also BFRs some aliens here.

Can't wait until we apply my idea of putting relevant CRTs on verse pages, the other thread would have been done here.

Eficiente said:
Looking at this better the Portal Gun's self-destruction can deconstruct targerts and send them into a small portal before exploding, which would possibly be Deconstruction and definitely BFR, Rick also BFRs some aliens here.
So should I unlock the page, so you can add this?

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Thanks. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Cropfist said:
I'm not sure what you wanted me to elaborate on, we just don't delete equipment because they don't use it every time.
Still it might be good to put that under optional equipment

Just a final check: Does anything else need to be added under optional equipment?

Still it might be good to put that under optional equipment

Again, that's what I did. His equipment was "Portal gun, spaceship, and various inventions" in all but the Pickle Rick key, take a look at it now. It has everything it used to have and more, same with his Notable Attacks/Techniques, they just now don't say "His Inventions" as everything that was there wasn't necessary inventions made by him.

Is anyone unsatisfied by anything done here?

I will unlock the page, so you can handle it.

Unless Rick's laser dodging feat is not an outlier. It's human speed aim dodging

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3543359

This was one of the most frustrating debates I have ever had considering Buttersamuri is still not convinced. He even admited it was a human movement speed and a human perception time in the last comment but he still somehow thinks it's Sub-Relativistic reaction speed.

I noticed later that the President had his own profile; Like Rick, his keys should be Standard and Optional Equipment, not no technology and with all technology. Idk who came up with that impracticality.

Also if the calc of the laser's speed is correct then he needs to have it as attack speed with it.

Back