• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Efficiente seems pretty sure that an alternate Rick didn't make it. I haven't read the comic myself so I can't really comment.

Well if anything implies this then I'll agree. But we haven't gotten anything shown this so I'm on the side of keeping his Low 2-C tier until something proves him not making it.

C-137 IS actually superior than C-132 based on something that happens in later issues

Also re-reading issue 1 I can't find a claim where it says it's not his machine. He even states "Without my device, you'r have nothing bro"

However it might be when the court mentions "Theft" at the start of issue 2

FF833210-D2F8-4DEC-B008-70007AB33CF9

• Rick being the "Rickest of the Ricks" doesn't imply him to be anything more than the Rick with the more Rick-like personality, as is the context in the episode where that was said.
  • It was informed that C-132 didn't create that 3 times already and DatOneWeeb still asks for this.
  • No evidence of Rick not making it needs to be given, it needs to be the other way around because logic & common sense, which is lacking here. The series is not Dexter's lab or Jimmy Neutron where pretty much one guy does all the stuff and thus that can be assumed to be the case with all the technology they show to have, Rick steals, buys and/or finds many of the things he uses. His thing to stop time was stolen from the 4th dimension, the crystals to the see the future naturally grow in a moon where he has to constantly steal them, etc. And those where the powers more related to this.
  • "My device" means ownership, not being the creator of it.

That's idiotic and bias, there is no way to put it nicely. You can absolutely claim to own something you stole and there are many other options that doesn't make him the creator.

What's idiotic and bias is using unreasonable unfounded jumps to assume a known inventor who uses his devices did not make his own device. WTF.

"my device"

"instead of using occam's razor, make a million other arbitrary assumptions to assume he didn't make it"

No. Get that bullcrap out of here.

But we know that he buys and steals tons of his gadgets.

Even if he bought it, he'd still call it "his", right?

I mean if this

• It was informed that C-132 didn't create that 3 times already and DatOneWeeb still asks for this.
is true. Then there's no discussion to be had.

Sure we can. But he has it in his possession so he can use it.

There was no evidence for that claim at all. Rick stealing or buying items does not mean we can start pinning this on certain weapons, it's a bigger assumption to say that he didn't make it over he just got it from someone else. The Burden of proof is on you and my take makes less assumptions.

Cropfist said:
What's idiotic and bias is using unreasonable unfounded jumps to assume a known inventor who uses his devices did not make his own device. WTF.
"my device"

"instead of using occam's razor, make a million other arbitrary assumptions to assume he didn't make it"

No. Get that bullcrap out of here.
You overestimate your reasoning here. This known inventor did not make many of his things he has, this was pointed out before and ignored, likely because you didn't even read it otherwise you wouldn't be doing that, quoting myself; "The series is not Dexter's lab or Jimmy Neutron where pretty much one guy does all the stuff and thus that can be assumed to be the case with all the technology they show to have, Rick steals, buys and/or finds many of the things he uses. His thing to stop time was stolen from the 4th dimension, the crystals to the see the future naturally grow in a moon where he has to constantly steal them, etc. And those where the powers more related to this."

Point out the "my device" again gives me the reason to what I said before.

Outright creating the most powerful thing in the series is not correct when there are other options just as likely. The fact that you call it "make a million other arbitrary assumptions" goes to show your bias on the matter and how little you cared to read the arguments.

EmperorRorepme said:
In that case. Rick does tend to create his gadgets rather than buy them more often then not. So I don't see why "possibly" should be taken off.
I disagree. For the most part it's not shown whether or not he created the things he has, most of those were likely created by him but we do specifically know that he

• Had to steal something from the 4th dimension to stop time
  • Needed help to fix the mess that made.
  • Has to steal things to see the future.
  • His time travel thing was unexplored (as in we weren't told that he created that)
Things would point to the idea of him not being able to create something with this type of powers, not to mention it also being the most powerful thing in the series.

Yeah the fact that a lot of the time fuckery is done through tech not made by him makes the idea that another Rick (which according to you guys is worse at creating tech than the main Rick) created a device that can fuse timelines seems a bit dubious.

Sure he stole a crystal that he needed to stop time. However just because he uses cosmic materials doesn't mean he doesn't need to turn it into a device. For instance he stole the crystal as a powersource for his time stop. He didn't really need help it fix those possibilities it was just Morty and Summer being incompetent as usual. He was the one who made those possiblity stabilizing devices or whatever they were called. He has to take certain materials to see the future. They aren't tech.

I think him needing to steal materials needed to create certain technology shouldn't be taken as him stealing technology. I think in the case he made it he would've had to steal an extremely powerful soruce similar to the crystal he stole from the 4th dimension.

For what is worth, this is less of me thinking that our Rick can't make this and more so on me trying to apply what the verse should do with this context.

Maybe "potentially?". Like maybe if Rick tried to actually create a universe ending device with certain resources I personally don't think it's far fetched.

By the logic used to support this then what stops our Rick from, just because of prep time, also "potentially" have and know anything any of the other infinite Ricks have & know?, not because our Rick aimed to have & know the same, he would just naturally gain it.

I would like to see this answered to check something.

Bump, if I had Rick's profile unlocked I would add the stuff from the last ep and the make the changes proposed before.

I think it is unnecessary to remove the keys for pre and post Phoenix project.

Because Low 2-C comes from a device an alt rick has. We don't have confirmation that the alt rick made it, so we can't expect that our rick could make it, and we can't expect that our rick would have stolen it himself.

Do you wanna just call a content mod/admin to this thread so they can unlock the page for ya?

I just got here, so sorry if it was discussed in the thread, but I noticed that Rick doesn't have the remote from Click on his page, which he used in an episode to freeze Beth. Is this simply considered an unusable joke feat, or can it be added? And if it can, what would it be counted as? It isn't paralysis, as Beth had no awareness that she was frozen. And I've never actually seen Click so I don't know how the pause works. But I'm guessing it's basically stopping time for the specific target.

You arrived at a bit of an awkward time. The wiki's in the middle of a forum migration, so your post (and this post and any after it) will be lost in a week or two. So you might wanna hold this discussion off until we get into the new forum.

@RinneItachi My bad, I added it in his powers but not in his equipment. That said it's not Time Stop, at least not necessarily and it would take unneeded speculation, Status Effect Inducement can make you have no awareness too, it's a very versatile power.

Back