• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision to the speed tiering(yes the speed tiering)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,How are you all, I suppose you already know me and you will know other threads that I made, but this time, I have a feeling that this could go well.
to the theme:
Now, I've noticed that wiki speed tiering has been around for at least as long as the wiki has existed (a decade ago) and I've noticed that, while it's good, it's also wrong in some ways...the FTL speeds.
(but first will go with sub-relativistic speed)

ok, sub-relativistic speed shouldn't exist, considering that, well, it's nonsense, since it could be said that anyone who is below 1% of the speed of light would automatically be sub-relativistic, but also, relativistic can perfectly be 1% to 10% of that speed.
and relativistic+ could be from 10% to 50% and sub-FTL will be 50% to 99% of the speed of light.
now with the FTL speeds
Now, I don't have any problem with the names, FTL+-massively FTL-massively FTL+, no, I don't have a problem with that, I have a problem with the levels respectively,because,there is no difference between a level or another,is the same difference,is a 10 times difference,like any other level below FTL,which is not logical,considering that MFTL+is 1000 times faster than light,and is still taking it 100 years to travel all the galaxie(which is pretty if is the maximum not infinite or immeasurable speed level)
and this is more bad,considering that,in comparison to AP and LS,is pretty considerable to some point,the levels of difference are remarkable and consistent with the level of a character in comparison,for example:
the difference between planet level and star level is like 279342250,2 times(which detonates the difference between a planet and a star)and the difference between star level and galaxy level is also pretty remarkable,being of 1.42E+20 times.
So, taking that into account, I decided to put a new level on FTL+, massively FTL and massively FTL+ (using AP as a clear reference point):
considering that FTL is able to travel 7 times earth in less than 1 second.
FTL+will be this: travel around the entire solar system in one second,the diameter of the solar system 143.73 billion km (correct me if i'm wrong)which the speed will be:
476000 times faster than light.
MassivilyFTL will be this:travel around the galaxy in one second,the diameter of the galaxy is 100,000 light-years(9.46 trillion kilometers per light year),which the speed will be:
3.15E+12 times faster than light(or 3.15 trillion times faster than light)
MassivilyFTL+will be this:travel around the universe in one second,the size of the universe is 93 billion light years,which the speed will be:
2.93E+18 times faster than light(2.93 quintillion times faster than light)

now, you may wonder, those numbers are too big, oh, that seems impossible to achieve, but in fiction, it is often noticed how some characters reach cosmic speeds, or some manage to be FTL through timing beyond traveling around the earth..
or the fact that sometimes in fiction characters can be thousends or even millions of times faster than light,without even traveling a galaxy or to another star system.
In addition, this is not like making many changes, it is very simple in fact, all the characters that were or are FTL+, massively and massivelyFTL+ will simply have their FL speed lowered (except the massivelyFTL+ if they managed to do the requirements of MassivelyFTL+.
so with all of this,waiting for responses.

Sorry pal, no more fun allowed.

THIS IS THE NO FUN POLICE.

I am clamping down and shutting down this thread.

well, it's nonsense, since It could be said that anyone who is below 1% of the speed of light would automatically be sub-relativistic

sub-FTL will be 50% to 99% of the speed of light.

this reminds me of one of my first posts being proposed new tiers for AP, only to be told that they were either vague, not always consistent in energy required or intersected with tiers (i didn't read the AP page and thought the tiers were arbitrary)

dmc-devil-may-cry.gif

Did you really need to tag so many people for this...?
I mean, Ant does it for threads that aim to bring about sitewide changes, and I certainly can't close it down myself via a request without confirmation from other staff members, I ain't thread mod or admin, you know. If I were, I would have closed this in a heartbeat.

wait, what did I say? I just wanted to fix the FTL+ speed to higher, because it didn't make sense that a character massively FTL+ can't cross a galaxy in a short time (and in fact that it takes more than 100 years)It was not better to tell me what was wrong to fix it,like,what timeframe i am gonna get?lightspeed is the limit in our universe,obviosly i will get a timeframe based on that(traveling 7 times earth in a second is already FTL,so FTL+will logically be on a higher scale,a lot of times higher than FTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back