• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision on regen in DBX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I misread. The only ones he can recognize are humans and arcosians. And this would only make them 4D. So Mxy stomps.

Or perhaps you need to git gud and make everyone agree so such a thing could happen?

1) Obviously sarcasm

2) Whether or not people choose to accept the facts have no bearing on the fact that they're true

The thread has been derailed to no end and no one try to counter Unite's arguments anymore.

@UMR

2) You may consider the evidence to be legit but if the majority doesn't and their points debunk it, it won't accepted.

Since when did the majority's opinion ever matter? If 35 people say the sky is green are they right? Argumentum ad populum. Also, there's the fact that it's actually right, so..

This isn't the matter of objective scientific right and wrong. Debating how strong characters are is inherently debatable and it does no one any good to assume that they are 100% right and that others are always wrong.

People disagreed with the argument. You need to accept that no matter how much you believe your opinion to be true, and perceive it as true, what actually matters in the end are the arguments.

Saying mentors "aren't canon" or "are game mechanics" is not an argument, and I don't care how many sheep agree with that logic. At this point there is blatant disregard for the fact that mentors have made statements about canon events (as they are the characters themselves). There was nothing said at all that makes any of that untrue.

>Calling fellow members and staff sheep

Can you not? That's just being incredibly condescending.

>At this point there is blatant disregard for the fact that mentors have made statements about canon events

Doesn't mean the mentors itself are canon as they don't participate in the canon story mode and are just an extended game mechanic. The mentors have generic comments and help you kill themselves.

That statement was hypothetical and is in no way referring to anyone, though I see it offends you.

And now you're attempting to use something that actually is game mechanics to argue against something that isn't. So I guess Goku telling FW he remembered him from the Demigra fight isn't canon, and thus the fight itself isn't canon either?

>They don't participate in the story mode

They literally are the characters.

This thread is going nowhere and UMR is getting a little bitter. This should be closed.

Don't confuse rationality with bitterness. Also, this thread did go somewhere, it's progress is being halted by arguments under false pretenses.

Read your comments. You're getting rather bitter about it, comparing those who disagree with you sheep and thinking yourself to be absolutely right, DESPITE the aforementioned disagreeing with you. And it's hardly progress when 100 messages later, people still disagree.

How about we all calm down.

Also, have to bring up what I quoted again, if it hasn't been debunked then I don't see why it shouldn't treated as canon.

@DMUA

As I said, that statement was hypothetical. Also nobody is disagreeing with me, they're intepreting evidence I've presented in their own way. Additionally, you seem rather hostile, I'd appreciate it if you calmed down some. :^)

@SD

It wasn't debunked, and since we've had that as reasoning for his tier, then that means it wasn't debunked from when it was introduced, up until this day.

Even if they're canon, and that's a giant big if (See Ever's comment), it wouldn't scale to anyone but Infinite Zamasu from Xenoverse who doesn't have a profile.

What does it matter if he doesn't have a profile?

And I quote J-Man's response to Ever:

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
>literally the exact duplicate of it gained from the one who orginally had it .
>stretch .

Ever please .

Because it scales to no one rendering this thread pointless.

Also. Freaking Broly can be your mentor and he just stands there in the city doing nothing instead of wrecking havok. That's not something canon Broly would do.

Except FW literally gains Zamasu's immortality through that ability. Also that argument is insane. I guess mentor Goku should be a NPC that walks around and begs to fight anyone that hit the level cap?

And are we going to ignore mentor statements that are factually canon for people who had minimal involvement, or were used as magic puppets in the main storyline? That's cherry picking.

No it isn't an insane argument. It just proves that it is a game mechanic since they don't behave at all like themselves.

All the video shows is the scenes involving Whis as your mentor. It has no correlation to the main, canon story.

"Except FW literally gains Zamasu's immortality through that ability"

All it does it revive you in gameplay. It never shows you reviving from a destroyed timeline.

I agree with rice it would make more sense FW Zamasu would get regen based on his statements and super souls being actual abiltities.

I think this has gotten to the point that there should be a staff discussion.

They are canon. They have specific cutscenes, story tie ins, tutorials and are part of why you are so strong lore wise. And Azathoth and others already accepted them as canon twice with Whis and Broly. Also we give him all the moves he never shows in story but has or can obtain legitamitly, and we do so with virtually every other series even with random drops etc. If they have a move or armour they get it's effects.

Furthermore it is literally listed as Zamasu's own super soul, and specifically his immortality, and it is the same super soul he has when he regens and returns with his body currently, and the same one he has while training you, so there is no question it is his current regen.

Azathoth already agreed the feat is legit btw, he just hasn't gotten back to me on if it should transfer to FW, but considering it is the current Super soul that Zamasu posses when you train with him, and the one he had when he regens, it would be downplay to not consider it transferable like every other move and skill has been, for not just FW but pretty much any game character on the wiki.

Moving the goalposts x infinity. First you're against using "game mechanics", now you're using it as a defense.

Zamasu's super soul is literally his immortality, you don't need to go through the same trials and tribulations that he did to prove that.

I agreeed with adding this in. Saying that this is just non-canon idiocy is the same as saying Celebi isn't canon to pokemon because it comes during a event, or that Superman acting out of character erases that timeline from existence

Yes you do. Zamasu gives you a resurrection ability which allows you to continue fighting when your Health Bar is depleted. That's it. Never does it even regenerate a limb.

The issue Matt is the super soul is literally listed as "Zamasu's super soul", is the exact same one he has and uses even post regen and currently, and it is literally called "I do love being immortal", with the ability itself reviving you from death in matches over and over. If anything arguing about it's in game effect is using game mechanics btw. It is very blatently his exact immortality that he currently posses.

So by that logic, Namekians in the game aren't capable of regenerating an arm because we never see it, despite that being a racial ability of all Namekians, or Majins don't have mid-high regen, despite the entire race deriving from Buu?

Its clearly from Zamasu's immortality, as super souls are based on skills/techniques/events from the person its based on. Literally downplaying it as simple resurrection when it clearly has immortality in the title?

While I don't associate it with resurrection, I'm still vehement on it not being a feat. It implies that all the villains that get defeated that can be your mentor can regenerate as well. For example, Frieza? High or Mid High Regenerationn even though it's a big deal that he can't regenerate since Mecha Frieza is a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back