• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision on regen in DBX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting why it would be High-Godly for FW. I'm pretty sure that we don't scale backward if you go back to an infinitely weaker form

Because he doesn't magically grow a new immortality when he sheds his body, it's the same one he always had. It applies to FW because unlike Zamasu who became the timeline and thus raised his regen requirement in that form, in his 3-D body, that same immortality would be considered high-godly, same for FW's body.

Kaltias said:
I'm not getting why it would be High-Godly for FW. I'm pretty sure that we don't scale backward if you go back to an infinitely weaker form
This. No backwards scaling. If the feats are only for the best form, you don't put them to the infinitely weaker forms.

>Because he doesn't magically grow a new immortality

Proof? It's already magically becoming a transcendental being compared to his previous self after all

>3-D body

If the FW has a 3-D body, either he simply doesn't scale from a regen meant to restore a 4-D body, or he gets it scaled down to his 3-D level.

But would the regen for an infinitely less powerful being be Infinitely less powerful?

The Everlasting said:
I highly doubt the presence of mentors is canon/intended to make sense.

It's also a massive stretch to give the Future Warrior that regen based on that, even if it's legit.
So, is this just being ignored..?

@DMUA

Because it makes more sense for the new, stronger form to have new powers instead of the old one having them without feats. Otherwise we get dumb stuff like Madoka Kaname having mid-godly regen in her magical girl form.

@Cal

I honestly have zero knowledge of DBX so i can't really judge that.

The proof is Super Shenron only granted Zamasu immortality once. So unless you're suggesting that he made a wish to the golden dragon for immortality level 2 while he was erased, it's the same immortality.

Why would Zamasu's immortality be scaled down? It's the same ability of the guy who survived a timeline's erasure, vs another guy with the same ability only needing to survive a universe being wiped out.

@Cal

It was addressed

I mean, considering how Cell congratulates me as a mentor when I get an A on the level where I'm obliterating him, clearly mentors aren't the most canon thing.

@Cal Simply someone saying "I don't think this is canon" providing nothing at all to support the fact that it's noncanon or that these events that we can see or are directly mentioned within the game somehow no longer happened can be ignored.

There was a similar discussion about this about the GT dlc, also Broly is a mentor.

The real cal howard said:
I mean, considering how Cell congratulates me as a mentor when I get an A on the level where I'm obliterating him, clearly mentors aren't the most canon thing.
@Ryu. Did you read what I put right above or did I ninja you?

And the fact that these mentors act differently than they do in a completely different continuity proves that they are noncanon within the continuity they appear how?

The Everlasting said:
I highly doubt the presence of mentors is canon/intended to make sense.

It's also a massive stretch to give the Future Warrior that regen based on that, even if it's legit.
So, is this just being ignored..?
I agree with this 100%

Mentors aren't canon. And giving the FW regen based on that is a massive stretch. Abusing game mechanics.

If someone claims that an aspect of the verse is non-canon, they need to present evidence to support that claim. Simply saying "I doubt thats canon" is not evidence at all.

Your mentor can save your ass from themselves. To put that into perspective, Zamasu can save you from ZAMASU. Now if that isn't against his character, I don't know what is.

I'm sorry but I have not heard any sort of proof that these mentors are noncanon within Xenoverse besides the mere assertion that they aren't or the fact that the mentors act different than they do in the anime continuity.

I'll leave the thread to others to decide upon though.

@Ryu. If mentors were canon, Zamasu can help you stop Zamasu's Zero Mortal Plan and will congratulate you for doing so.

@Cal If there are things like that going on, then perhaps it isn't canon then.

What is the canon policy regarding Xenoverse 2? Since it itself is an alternate media to the primary canon of the franchise (DBS anime)

Actually, based on what cal said, the mentors can literally congratulate with you because you kill them. I really doubt that if someone just punched a hole trough my chest I would say "Good job!"

Edit: the ninja is strong in this reply

No it isn't , ya really think the developers would program a unique response for every mission the game for each mentor .

No , that isnt what cherry picking is cal .

I can show ya cherry picking .

So, it makes perfect sense for Frieza, Cell, and the like to not try and kill, and instead train and even protect, the person who stopped them then?

So, it makes perfect sense for Frieza, Cell, and the like to not try and kill, and instead train and even protect, the person who stopped them then?
Well again the fact that these guys act different in this continuity than they do in another continuity doesn't mean they're noncanon within his own alternate continuity. However if things like Zamasu helping stop Zamasu or Cell congratulating you beating Cell happen then it probably is noncanon.

No , doesnt change the fact that the developers were lazy .

If the mentors are referenced in game then it is canon . Nothing changes that. Does it make sense? No but hell if that stopped us before now has it .

When applying to have Goku as your mentor:

"Hey, I'm Goku! Wait, you probably already know. Hahaha. You helped me a bunch back then! Your fight with Demigra was exciting! What were you doing after that? Have you been training? Did you hit a wall? We fought together and sparred. I know you're pretty strong."

https://youtu.be/jIiARN_MFkc

I'm on my phone now so I can't show this for every character, but I'm pretty sure this shows that characters who are mentors are aware of what happened in the main story line. Player-mentor interactions in matches are game mechanics.

If anything, that makes it less canon, because that means that it's the same versions that you interacted with back then, which means beings like Cell and Frieza not only have Mid-High regen, but aren't super pissed for killing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back