• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision on regen in DBX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
If anything, that makes it less canon, because that means that it's the same versions that you interacted with back then, which means beings like Cell and Frieza not only have Mid-High regen, but aren't super pissed for killing them.
I have to agree with this.

Cell says something of "I thought of a little game. I'll coach imperfect beings and see how much I can train them."

With Frieza it's different. He keeps going on about beating Ginyu, which would imply FW is only planet level, or solar system in Tagoma's Body.

I think the main thing to take away here is that only main characters, or allies involved with the plot have a speech. Piccolo makes a reference to TP Trunks regarding FW, as does Vegeta. Elder Kai knows you're working under Supreme Kai, etc, all in the first game.

It's factually true for certain characters, others don't really matter, but that doesn't take any validity away from some mentors making canon statements.

Or to further clarify...it only matters for the XV/TP storyline. It doesn't matter if they talk about the anime/manga events.

Also, having that regen scale to FW makes sense. We have seen Z-assist/ Super soul used in the story so it is not just a game-mechanic.

They are canon. They are referenced in the story as one of the resons you are so strong, and the mentors referance story events themselves to, they even comment on eachother and how you trained with other mentors and have interactions with eachother in special cutscenes. We already even used there interactions as proof before to like training with Whis when he says you hurt him, or when you learn Broly's moves by watching.

Also just becouse a character can interact with itself strangely due to an oversight on the game makers part it doesn't make it non canon, this happens all the time in fighters but the scripted story events are still canon. Not to mention the times this happens here are not part of the scripted story that goes along with the mentors, it is during parts that are not scripted only like random quotes in battles that are not part of the mentors story at all.

Furthermore we are dealing with alternate timelines and distorted histories, so tehre are many versions of almost everybody anyway. The main reason Zamasu stands out is that he specifically says this is the second time he is trying this zero mortal plan, and referances the Zeno event to saying he is unbeatable to, thus showign us directly this is the one who came back after that event.

Zamasu's Regenerationn did not change from what ive seen, nothing suggests that, the wish never changed, unless you have actual proof, he gained his regen from that exact same immortality which FW has. You literally have his immortality from his personal super soul. We give all the other moves to the future warrior so cherry picking this as one to leave out is honestly just downplaying.

@Cal Glad we can agree he gets whatever zamasu regen is. however why would you say he doesnt have that level of regen? He clearly came back in his body no less which is the exact one that has that skill after being erased due to his immortality.

It's because I simply don't believe Zamasu's mentorship is part of the set canon, and can't be applied to his skills, anymore than saying Frieza has High regen for doing the same post Trunks (and given that Mecha Frieza is a thing...yeah)

The main, scripted story is canon. Mentors are a game mechanic that is very thinly tied to the game's story but not really.

Thinly is more than nkthing . If even slightly that is enough .

And even if that was the case that wouldn't be game mechanics anyway .

Or shall we remove everything that isn't mebtioned in scripted story cutscenes from every game profile ever ? Since this has more canonacity than random drops and armor .

@Matt Game mechanic is something that have nothing to do with story and are rules of gameplay. Mentor story is not game mechanics, it is part of story that is all tied together in cutscenes beetween you and multiple mentors at times when activated, pre determined dialouge and story for mentor missions, and talking that even referances the events of the main story and your past mentors. It is clearly part of story. Also we have even accepted it in the past to multiple times anyway. Even tutorial talks about getting mentors to grow strogner and it is attributed to part of why you are so strong. If it wer a random quote in multiplayer I could see your point, but this is clear, pre determined story that ties into many things.

@Cal So your only issue is whether zamasu is canon or not? Do you have any actual proof it is non canon? It is preset story, that ties into the main story refering to it, and is referanced in tutorial, ties into the other mentors stories, has special cutscenes with mentors etc. And the "strange interactions" only occur with default quotes in non scripted battles outside the mentor story. Also we already accepted Broly and Whis mentor story as canon to show the warrior learns things by seeign tehm and to referance him hurting Whis, so it would be rather hypocritical to suddenly not accept mentors now. I mean we have even used less important things like a random quote from Demigra to claim he is below mystic Gohan.

Also we can explain frieza really easy. Alternate timelines and time distortions. There are many versions fo most guys, so it can easily be explained as an alterante version or past version. Not to mention Frieza and most bad guys want to exploit your power and turn on you during training by the end. They never actually care about you.

The fact that they reference the main storyline is proof enough. Idk why Mecha Frieza is a thing post-RoF. The only thing that is most likely non-canon are parallel quests.

And it doesn't matter what level regen Zamasu gets, he doesn't have a xenoverse profile. Due to our wiki's standards, he does have two types of regen for both forms, but seeing how his immortality is the same across all forms, that's high-godly regen for FW.

Exactly, this wiki uses mentors as canon anyways. Hell, we use a hidden statement that is not even in the game for scaling so I see no problem with using mentors that have canonical statements.

Technically a game can have the main story and DLC fit into a different plot even though it can work, Prototype 1 and 2's DLC and INfamous Festival of Blood are examples, or it can be the reverse INfamous Second Son paper trails, and INfamous First Light are examples of canon DLC. Do any of you have evidence for either side? I've looked into it, there is no official statement for either side, at least from what i could find. If twitter, facebook, or other statements are used for the cementing of continuity, one of you can ask them about it, it's not like power scaling or anything. If no further information is provided, this profile is moot.

Considering the mentors make canon statements and are plot aware, I don't see why we don't. We're just delaying progress st this point.

the thing is xenoverse is a game verse mostly seperated from the main canon so...

@Unite My Rice I messaged a couple others who can likely move this along a couple days ago. Just waiting on a response. I will try again tommorow if they still don't respond by then.

The Future Warrior was said to possibly be an, "extradimensional lifeform" by Android 16 due to a failure to analyze him.

That's just for Majins though. He recognizes Friezaclansmen, Earthlings, Saiyans and Namekians just fine.

......And as the screenshot you just posted shows, Majins as well.

Human vs Mr Myxteplinsifnainansifnisani (However you spell it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back