• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision on regen in DBX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
While I don't associate it with resurrection, I'm still vehement on it not being a feat. It implies that all the villains that get defeated that can be your mentor can regenerate as well. For example, Frieza? High or Mid High Regenerationn even though it's a big deal that he can't regenerate since Mecha Frieza is a thing.
That is more time shenanigans, while THIS is explicitly stated to be the Future Zamasu who survived Zeno, as per reasons above, with nothing really contradicting that.

@Yobo. Many of the arguments made here are that the mentors are the same character versions from earlier (hence people bringing up Whis and Goku)

@Cal We can attribute friezas pressence etc to alternate timeliens and time distortions, and in fact we know that those alternate versions exist and at times get confused why they are in the time nest like with 16 who has no idea where he is at first, he also doesn't know you despite you fighting other versions in the past. It doesn't give them regen.

The reason Zamasu is diffrent is becosue he specifically talks about how this is his second time trying to do his zero mortal plan, and that he knows he can't beat Zeno so will not worry about him. Thats how we know it is the one who already failed and was erased. Most of the others don't have this, and any discrepincies are explained by them being alternate timeline or distorted history versions.

The fact is they have pre set story and cutscenes in game that tie in with the main story and are part of the lore. Also we literally agreed it's canon twice, and it was azathoth and several other mods who agreed on it for Broly and Whis, and we use much less story driven things to attach to characters all the time.

I honestly don't see the issue.

I mean the character quotes Rice has posted clearly show the mentors are aware of what's going on in the story, is there really any good evidence to say it's not canon? They are legit acknowledging the story is taking olace and that they are aware of what's going on.

So is there anything else to discuss? Can we go ahead with the changes?

I personally believe we can go ahead, as do multiple others here. Matt and Cal disagree on canon, although their issues are explained as simply alternate timeline or altered history events so I don't really see them as an issue. No real reason to consider mentors non canon imo, nothing direct for sure that says they aren't canon, and considering they are part of the main story being attributed to part of why your so strong, reference the main story, have their own story, reference even each other and interact in special cutscenes so on so forth, I have no doubt they are canon.

Also we already accepted mentors twice with broly and whis quotes as reasoning for things in profiles, and Azathoth was one of the ones who agreed to that iirc, along with other mods. Also Azathoth stated he agrees with zamasu feat being mid-godly, he just hasn't gotten back to me on it scaling to FW for a few days now.

I do not understand why it should be discussed for zamasu while he has no profile? moreover how long was the regen before it worked?

I am honestly not sure whether or not the mentors should be considered canon, although I am leaning towards agreeing with SSJRyu1, as he makes a good argument.

Regardless, if Zamasu recovered after Zen'o's destruction, he should probably have "At least Mid-Godly" Regenerationn in the game.

Well if they directly reference the plot as they are the characters themselves (their statements are proof of this), I can't see how they're anything but canon. Regarding their in-battle interactions as your mentor, that's game mechanics.

I agree with you Ant. That sounds like a reasonable rating. I'm going to head off to bed now as its like 4 am here and I should have done so a few hours ago. I asked Azzy about it a few days ago, he agrees with the feat being legit and zamasu being canon. We also accepted mentors already with broly and whis to earlier, and iirc azzy and other mods agreed on that. He just never got back to me on further input yet. I'll check on the progress tomorrow night most likely.

I don't see why he should get "At least" Mid-Godly. Zen'ō's erasure is basic conversion to nothingness. It has AoE, but that's it.

Again, pretty sure that we scale it down if the character isn't on the same dimensional level. The God Emperor doesn't have High-Godly for his 3-D self via having Mid-Godly based on the Warp which is a "number too big to be defined"-dimensional place, for example.

Yes, given that having a timeline erased would differ in required Regenerationn for the embodiment of the timeline itself and a being present within it, this seems to make the case uncertain.

Although I am fine with Mid-Godly if you prefer.

So then FW would have to have high godly then? It wouldn't make sense for him to have mid godly since it would only be the case if he was 4-D, but the requirements for 3-D beings are only universal, and he has no higher-dimensional form.

If Zamasu had a profile for XV, we'd give him two keys and list his abilities accordingly.

If Zamasu has Mid Godly, cool.

Im against giving High godly to his 3-D version or FW because:

a) They dont have any feats.

b) Zamasu's regen is mid godly and I dont think regen can be scaled backwards to be upgraded.

Im fine with giving FW mid godly, tho, because that's what Zamasu demonstrated.

@UMR I understand your point, but FW is a literal infinity below. Yoy are trying to scale a 3D guy to a feat performed by a 4D being.

So: Zamasu cant regenerate from having all his existence destroyed alongside all of reality, therefore, FW shouldnt be able to do it. FW should have mid godly, if anything, to what extent, I dont know.

So will it be Mid-Godly or High-Godly? I'm fine with either but I'm leaning towards Mid-Godly.

So would the justificacion be something like: Mid Godly (has the same type of Regenerationn as Zamasu due to having his Z-Soul which allowed him to return from Zeno's destruction of the Future timeline.)

Mid Godly (Scales to Zamasu,who regenerated after being erased by Zeno, due to having his Z-Soul)

In the end, Zamasu survived existence erasure, which is a Mid godly feat by itself. I dont think we should mention the timeline part due to Zamasu being the timeline itself tbh. Zamasu survived his own erasure.

Well, the question seems to be whether or not we should count the mentors as canon, although alternative timeline, versions of the characters then.

The canonicity was discussed before and agreed to. That is why FW has a mentor training quote for reasoning to his AP. Also, Azzy agreed that Zamasu's feat is legitimate.

From what is shown in the game, characters relevant to the main plot (or certain ones in general) make canon statements as mentors. Zamasu, Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, Whis, etc. Characters like Frieza are a bit outdated, as in your first training in XV2, he expects you to be stronger than Zarbon, then he says no - Ginyu, implying FW is anywhere close to Namek levels of power.

Unite My Rice said:
Mid-godly makes sense. So does he also get immortality 1,3,4?
About that, I think yes due to the regen coming from at least the Type 4 one (the wish on the super dragon balls). I dont think we can give the regen without the immortality that made it possible.

And having said that, Im leaving. I wont be able to reply anymore for today.

Unite My Rice said:
From what is shown in the game, characters relevant to the main plot (or certain ones in general) make canon statements as mentors. Zamasu, Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, Whis, etc. Characters like Frieza are a bit outdated, as in your first training in XV2, he expects you to be stronger than Zarbon, then he says no - Ginyu, implying FW is anywhere close to Namek levels of power.
Okay. I suppose that seems fairly reliable then.

So I see I've already been mentioned, but just wanted to confirm that yes, I agreed that Mid-Godly regen seems fine.

I do want to make it clear though that this would only apply to the FW when using Zamasu's super soul, so no scaling random things in the main story from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back