• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revised Attack Potency Chart

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Here is the revised Attack Potency chart.

I have disabled the blog's comments, since they are not very feasible to have a full-blown discussion, and have created this thread for the purpose of discussion instead.

I would like to hear the community's opinion, and good suggestions (such as this one) are welcome.

I have a question, in regards to having Low and High written on tiers, you gave low 7-A as being a incorrect way of having it used. Am I right to assume it's just because there is technically no "low" version of 7-A?

So having large island as High 6-C, or small country level as Low 6-B is still correct right?

That is correct.

Low 7-A is not listed on the revised chart, while High 6-C and Low 6-B are, so the former should not be used from this point onwards. The latter two are fine.

I see. Shame though but aite.

I do like your idea on how we should use the whole "+" thing too.

I noticed that MCB is now "22 Tons to 1 Kiloton" isn't that a bit of a big gap in power? I think the old "100 Tons to 1 Kiloton" would work better, but that's just my opinion I guess.

Thebluedash said:
I noticed that MCB is now "22 Tons to 1 Kiloton" isn't that a bit of a big gap in power? I think the old "100 Tons to 1 Kiloton" would work better, but that's just my opinion I guess.
That is kind of a big of a gap. Just see why Kavpeny put it at that value.

You didn't explain why small continent level was omitted.And I have a few things to say about Tier 5

1.The high end to low end ratio for 5-C is 14.62 for 5-B is 132*47=6204 but for 5-A it is 1110370 which is huge.But there is something you can do about it.Which is

2.Just like you listed Large Mountain or Small Island as High 7-A instead of Low 6-C you can list Large Moon or Small Planet as High 5-C instead of Low 5-B.Which will also be good for us because it won't bring a massive change to our current tiering system as a result there will be less edits to make.

3.Then list Planet level as 5-B and Large Planet level as High 5-B instead of 5-A.

4.List 5-A as Multi Planet level(for this calculate the amount of energy required to destroy Earth and Venus in a cylindrical blast .In case the value intersects with Large planet level then List 5-A as Multi Large Planet level (for this calculate the amount of energy required to destroy Jupiter and Saturn in a cylindrical blast).If it does not intersect then Multi Large Planet level can be listed as High 5-A.

The chart itself looks alright to me.

I don't mean to sound impatient, but when do you think we'll have time to revise the chart?

@LZD They revised it to the energy needed to dissipate the black hole in the center of a galaxy, but we consider Black Hole feats in fictio to usually be unquantifiable, and prefer to use the calculated energy needed for a shockwave or energy blast to destroy all of the matter in a galaxy, as this is usually the way that such a feat is performed.

@TE I think that he plans to start it off January 1st.

i still maintain that moon level should be changed to moon/planetoid level starting with 1 exaton...for the very simple reason that you only need triple digit petaton rate to make 10 km deep crater of pangea... and i can calculate that here if you wish...

I think that it was the gravitational binding energy of the Milky Way Galaxy, but am not certain. Perhaps DontTalk can recalculate it to make sure?

Antvasima said:
I think that it was the gravitational binding energy of the Milky Way Galaxy, but am not certain.
i dont think so, iirc its was rather the energy to like destroy everything in a gaalaxy, and not just disperse it away

the obd did revise its calculation and for that new link- the black hole thing is only relating the gbe of the radius of a central black hole to the galaxy to see a relation and then estimate mass for more massive black holes of more massive galaxies

it has a separate calc for the galaxy

Antvasima said:
@LZD They revised it to the energy needed to dissipate the black hole in the center of a galaxy, but we consider Black Hole feats in fictio to usually be unquantifiable, and prefer to use the calculated energy needed for a shockwave or energy blast to destroy all of the matter in a galaxy, as this is usually the way that such a feat is performed.
@TE I think that he plans to start it off January 1st.
Yeah, i even talked to Kavpeny about it. He specifically told me that until then, we should leave the pages as they are.....more or less..

Faisal Shourov said:
Interesting. So how do we adjust tiers for characters who're universe level. Or will they be kept the same?

They will get adjusted, like aizen or example, his Ap is 2 petatons which is according to our un revised ap cart is small continent level, but with the new chart he's continent

Faisal Shourov said:
Interesting. So how do we adjust tiers for characters who're universe level. Or will they be kept the same?
destroying universe = destroying universe

but the ones calced at universe level might be changed depending on the calculation result and whether we take absoluate high end for a universe of 46.5 billion LY wide (which happens to be in the rage of around 10^90 J - actually more)

Faisal Shourov said:
Universe busting is generally not something you quantify with energy, and something the fiction generally just "has", for lack of a better term.

Thebluedash said:
It does seem to be a big difference in power in the same tier (for a lower tier)

EDIT: maybe have a High 8-B, with a range of 22 tons to 100 tonnes, then MCB 100 tonnees to 1 kiloton?

Lord Zeref Dragneel said:
What tier is the mass energy of the observable universe?
well mass energy of unverse =/= high end for universe busting

as a result it wud be 3-B if we take high end for universe busting

@Thebluedash & LordAizenSama: Fixed MCB to start from 100 Tons.

@Basilisk1995: Fixed Tier 5, to incorporate Brown Dwarf level (and subsequently decrease massive energy gap between Large/Multi-Planet and Small Star level). Sorry, but 5-B is going to remain Planet, and Large/Multi-Planet will continue to remain 5-A, since changing that would lead to descrepancies with our Tiering System, which is counter-productive.

@KamiYasha: I did not understand your question. Could you kindly rephrase?

@Illuminati478: Your objection is noted, but abstained. Ccreating a 10 km deep crater the size of Pangea is "Multi-Continent level+", and mixing it with "Planetoid level" is a confusing, to say the least.

@Faisal Shourov: Tier 0, 1, 2, and 3-A will remain unaffected by the revised AP chart.

@Lord Zeref Dragneel: Since it is less than Universe level, it should be Multi-Galaxy level.

@everyone:

Regarding the Galaxy level issue: I have modified the blog post, and incorporated the explanation for Galaxy level energy rating.

CB: 11 - 100 tons

MCB: 100 - 1000 tons

Lord Kavpeny said:
The former value was obtained by calculating the GBE of the Milky Way galaxy.
Hmmmm... bro no it wasn't as far as I know. 100 PetaFoe is 10^61 Joules and the current rating on the OBD which is 10 GigaFoe is 10^54 Joules. Now convert 10^54 Joules to Ergs and you get 10^61 Ergs. I'm pretty sure you know where I'm going here...

The previous rating was based on the misconception that Ergs was Joules so 100 Petafoe isn't really the GBE of the Galaxy.

Also 10 GigaFoe would be the GBE of the Galaxy as the binding energy of the parent galaxy is supposedly comparable to that of the black hole hosted by the galaxy as explained here.

I don't mind using 10 GigaFoe or 100 PetaFoe but if we are to use the latter I'd like to see some sort of calc for it. I've searched for quite some time but I can't really find any calcs for Galaxy Level which results in 100 PetaFoe...

Hmm. It sounds like you should PM Lord Kavpeny about this, and that it would be good if DontTalk calculated it to make sure.

Back