• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revise Gunvolt

There are a lot of issues I have with Gunvolt's page.

Gunvolt is actually a lot stronger than Building Level. In fact, Nova could destroy the entire space station of Babel by appearing in his final form, by tapping into Joule's septima. This destroyed the entire space station (minus the elevator, likely. Kek.) and left only a platform for GV to stand on, and he was perfectly fine after this, and he was in the epicenter of when Nova appeared. Now, Gunvolt is also FTL, as he had fought Jota and dodged his shit (although this is considered gameplay, I don't think you can beat him and not dodge one of his attacks. Jota uses light-based lasers, by the way.) and also, he defeated Nova, which means that he could also destroy a guy who could destroy a space station. Although, I admit, Gunvolt was trained in guerilla warfare so he fights and runs, fighting gradually, but if we bring gameplay into this, (the only real way we can actually get some feats on him, but at least it doesn't really lead to inconsistencies in this case.) his septima attacks like Sparkcalibur could do a lot of damage to him, so the force output is likely multi-city block, since I am sure the space station is about that large.

What say you?

Oh, and also, I know nothing about wikia coding, so I did not want to edit the page myself, so I made this. Wasn't sure if it was open to revision anyway.

ThePerpetual said:
Can you link to the point in time when Gunvolt did this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUo7stdDkqQ

Around 2:01, but the guy skips to the part where Firmament (sorry, Babel is the elevator name) is destroyed.

I know one could counterargue here, but it contains spoilers, so I will counter it here.

One could say, "how did Asimov arrive to Firmament after, then?"

Joule actually remade Firmament and Asimov very well could have still been riding Babel. Babel can be ridden in the time it takes for four fights with very durable bosses to be completed, with time cut out, so it is not out of the question for the space station to be remade by Joule in the time it took Asimov to reappear.

Hmmm... maybe you could ask the calc team to take a look? I'd try my hand myself, but I'm very busy at the moment.

Alright. Sounds fine to me. I think it would be a lot more helpful if they released an official Gunvolt height so we could measure Firmament at the very least since I don't see any numbers they could work with here.

Most lasers in fiction are not actually lightspeed, hence why I believe the current rating is fine

The space station only had its main room (where you fight) destroyed, saying that the rest was destroyed would be contradictory to all the fights that took place after the explosion on that station.

Actually, I think it makes perfect sense, as the muse likely saved them all. Even then, the humans on board would die immediately had they not already been brought back to life. If the entire station, minus Babel was destroyed, everything would make sense. However, if just the room was busted, there would be a large hole in the space station, and the humans who were in there, the ninjas, who could have their skin penetrated by pellets, (so it is not like a good spacesuit) would die immediately, and they were still there after everything happened. It also looks like Joule and GV were walking for a while as they were in an undefined hallway between the hexapile and the actual final hallway and room, so that gives Asimov more time to arrive to Firmament.

No, not really considering that the station still exists....There was a huge hole in the station, the place where you encounter the pseudo final boss. The humans wouldn't have be necessaryily been penetrated by pellets. Asimov.... really has nothing to do with this....

There was clearly just a platform left, and even then, it makes a lot more sense that the entire station was wiped out (the entire station was never shown throughout the entire fight, implying it was all gone but magically reappears via the Muse) since the Muse was, according to Asimov, able to wipe out the entire human race from space with a satellite cannon. Asimov actually has a lot more to do with it than you may think, read above on my other replies.

except thats not how the muse works, she can grant life back but shes never shown to restore surrondings. Maybe did you think that game mechanics limited the view to only where you were fighting? Again, I don't how Asimov has to do with the destruction of a space station

Um, it clearly happened that she restored the surroundings, you said yourself the room was destroyed in the fight, but it was brought back, and it was because of the Muse, because she saved Joule and the entire room magically reappeared, and we also know Joule has the power to wipe out humanity with a satellite cannon as well, and Nova also used all of her power except for one projection because of the ending of the game, so GV may be even stronger than I thought. The reason Asimov matters is in the counter argument I made up and debunked in my second post here. You didn't say it, but I thought someone might mention it.

I will reply a lot later, possibly tomorrow, so you really won't be hearing anything back for a while.

After relaying the boss fight (still hard to beat) I realize you were correct, the main room was also restored, and the 8-A tier should be givem to Gunvolt.

Still don't agree about FTL gunvolt however.

Lol I am seriously loligagging to still be on here.

FTL Gunvolt is just from Jota's light-based lasers, and I normally would not say he is FTL from a laser but these are light-based, but yeah.

Lol

I want an upgrade as much as the next guy. I'm just a bit on the edge because the last guy put Small Planet Level Gunvolt (Crazy, am I right?) So please provide either a WoG or a piece of lore/dialouge that states that it is the speed of light.

I cannot exactly prove it, so that is about al we can do.

Using most of Joule's power does not exactly make Nova and GV small planet, far less than that, actually. To wipe out the human race, (and I assume that is what he wanted to do with the satellite and Joule as well) this would make him more like continent. That makes a lot more sense than small planet, but that would be cool.

Also... I am still the same guy, but I did not mean he is that strong. MCB still makes the most sense, especially when it shows that Nova was underestimating him. In the PC version, he says he is omnipotent, (Kek exaggeration) showing he is still confident even though he clearl said he would start trying in the fight just before it. So, MCB makes the most sense, and the satellite was actually going to be used for brainwashing all humans, so I was wrong there, too. MCB GV is exactly where it should be.

I was the guy who you thought said "small planet GV," but continent was what it would be, but lore contradicted that, and my previous statements actually made Multi-City Block GV all the way in the original post make more sense than continent, but I disagree with large building.

Ah I see, alright, you can implement the (Attack Potency) changes to Gunvolt if you wish, perhaps I am seeing this too stubornly. If I later have doubts I'll come back, although I'm currently buzy with metroid threads.

I would edit it if I could do a few things: I was told to either do the calcs or have the calc team do it, so if I could photoshop images of GV onto the stage, (can't right now and won't be able to for a while) I could find out how large it truly is at the minimum, then put that on the profile. I know nothing about wiki coding, kek. I also need to say one last thing to make this consistent:

Last night I thought about this and reasoned it makes perfect sense for just the room to be destroyed, given nothing contradicts it here too well. So, I thought this: the Muse has to be a threat by being massively stronger than most adepts, so I thought: the verse is littered with wall levels and having characters fear the power of an MCB being makes more sense. Even moreso in this case since Nova had three Glaives and Joule.

Late reply, but dodging Jota's lasers is not an FTL feat. All of Jota's laser attacks involve HEAVY telegraphing before he fires them. Gunvolt isn't dodging them by reaction,he's anticipating their paths and jumping out of the way.

It might be more fair to say that Gunvolt is a bullet timer, however, because Copen's projectile attacks are much less telegraphed.

Actually, Jota's profile states that he is capable of light-speed movements:

"(Lightspeed) is an ability that, apart from controlling photons to some extent, allows him to change his flesh into photons and carry out (literally) light-speed movements."

It's doubtful that Jota's lasers would be slower than his own movements, so it can be assumed that they're lightspeed,too. The limiting factor is the fact that his attacks require a charge-up period to perform,making all of them pretty telegraphed.

Nova's transformation did not destroy the space station. The following stage involves Gunvolt backtracking from the area outside of Nova's room to the elevator,and the area appears no worse for wear. If the attack 'destroyed the space station,' Copen, Azimov, and Carrera would have all gotten killed in the blast. Instead, Nova simply destroys his (rather large) throne room as he transforms, which is a reasonable showing of power for a building buster.

On the other hand, I think Gunvolt's strength needs an upgrade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJKbWdrCq0c#t=3m05s

During the opening stage of Gunvolt 2, one of the characters hacks a flying fortress and forces it to perform a kamikaze attack on an urban center. In response to this , Gunvolt uses the powers of Anthem to descend beneath it, then uses an electric field that is somehow capable of nearly halting its descent. With support from Copen, he's able to redirect it...somehow. It's a pretty poorly explained event, but it's still a canon showing of strength all the same.

Ok

You should probably make another thread since the original purpose of this one has been fulfilled.

So uh

I kind of stopped caring here

But if the city is a city, usually around here it classifies as a city feat either way. As an example, Panty and Stocking could destroy Daren City which has unknown size, but being able to destroy it still counts as city level.

We don't know if Tenjian froze the city in a single attack,or if it took him many smaller attacks to do so. During gameplay, many parts of the stage are left unfrozen until Tenjian freezes them over, which is indicative of large building/city block level destruction,not quite city level destruction.

Back