• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Resistance to Absolute Zero [Bleach]

I could understand Yhwach being given a "possibly", even if I disagreed with it being necessary to list on his profile.

And I'm obviously fine with As Nodt having it.

But I disagree on it being applied to everyone else listed in the OP.
I'm fine with that if everyone else is.

Novel states that SK guided Ichigo's fate iirc, kinda vague, but it's something. (In response to SK only having precog)

Anyway, stick to the topic at hand?

Not making an assumption that characters capable of utilizing a specific technique to automatically scale to another users feat of resisting something without further context.

Granted, I'm mostly going off of this thread.
if said techinic granted different abilities to the users sure

but thats not the case here blut is just putting reishi on your blood vessels to make ur body more durable

Not making an assumption that characters capable of utilizing a specific technique to automatically scale to another users feat of resisting something without further context.

Granted, I'm mostly going off of this thread.

This technique is a racial technique that they all use to amp their defenses. They also have an offensive version. It’s been shown to work against extreme temperatures before.

It’s currently accepted as this technique also granting Absolute Zero resistance. But since it’s a “cool” ability it’s been agreed that it scales to only the most powerful or comparable combatants because it’s likely similar.

I don’t see how it’s more reasonable in any way whatsoever to suggest this character is the only one with this resistance when he has no special trait for it. Right now we’re suggesting even their King doesn’t have this resistance and he’s the one that adjusts their Blut Vene to be that strong.

Huh. If it does come from a base technique for a group like this then the resistance seems reasonable. I'll wait for further input before agreeing or disagreeing.

Bear in mind this is all based on assumptions at its core.

Assuming that As Nodt had to be using Blut Vene for that feat.

Assuming that pure strength is what dictates somebody's Blut Vene being able to resist Absolute Zero.

Assuming that therefore these other characters who have no direct comparison to the likes of As Nodt such as Askin must have Blut Vene that is also capable of resisting Absolute Zero.

I fully get Resistance Scaling when it has a solid foundation, but this is not solid and is not given to us as an explanation from the series.

Assuming that As Nodt had to be using Blut Vene for that feat.
He has no other means of resisting AZ though, and as I've said lots of times, Blut Vene has already demonstrated resistance to extreme temperatures.
Assuming that pure strength is what dictates somebody's Blut Vene being able to resist Absolute Zero.
Blut Vene is kinda just as simple as putting Reishi into your blood vessels as far as we know, it's a pretty simple thing.
Assuming that therefore these other characters who have no direct comparison to the likes of As Nodt such as Askin must have Blut Vene that is also capable of resisting Absolute Zero.
As Nodt isn't special in any way though, no emphasis has ever been put on his apparently insane Blut Vene capabilities.

Guess this CRT is far from done....

He has no other means of resisting AZ though, and as I've said lots of times, Blut Vene has already demonstrated resistance to extreme temperatures.

Resistance to Extreme Heat doesn't mean we assume Resistance to Extreme Cold is automatically applicable.

Blut Vene is kinda just as simple as putting Reishi into your blood vessels as far as we know, it's a pretty simple thing.

Why doesn't every single Quincy have Resistance to Absolute Zero then? Why only As Nodt and a select few characters?

As Nodt isn't special in any way though, no emphasis has ever been put on his apparently insane Blut Vene capabilities.

Ichigo isn't given any special reason for his Resistances to Sealing, Paralysis Inducement, Space-Time Manipulation and Gravity Manipulation but I still don't think we should assign those resistances to characters comparable to him.

As Nodt is one of the only ones we know uses Blut frequently. So what the hell is that 1st point? The only other option is the one you suggested earlier which is fear. When he only mentioned fear because of what Rukia said to him.

seeing as Yhwach is the one that gives Blut its strength are you suggesting he’s given As Nodt the strongest Blut exclusively? It’s literally just moving Reishi through your veins.

What do you mean no direct comparison? Virtually everyone scaling is his superior.

Except again you clearly have your own version of scaling which isn’t how the wiki scales abilities. You don’t scale explicitly based off absolute feats. Do you not realize how unrealistic your method is? You wish to scale things that are only absolute and impossible to say otherwise.

Edit -
Ichigo isn't given any special reason for his Resistances to Sealing, Paralysis Inducement, Space-Time Manipulation and Gravity Manipulation but I still don't think we should assign those resistances to characters comparable to him.
What does Ichigo’s random resistances have to do with a racial defensive ability? Your argument is more akin to 99% of Shinigami shouldn’t have SC because we’ve never seen them exert pressure on another soul. Even though it’s a racial trait.

Resistance to Extreme Heat doesn't mean we assume Resistance to Extreme Cold is automatically applicable.
You're 100% right, but it does heavily support the notion imo.
Why doesn't every single Quincy have Resistance to Absolute Zero then? Why only As Nodt and a select few characters?
Who are you referring to exactly?
And if those resistances happened to come from a defensive technique an entire race shares, then they would have them.

1. He’s been shown to use it every other time.
2. all Quincy use it since it’s how they amp their attacks or defense.
3. Shown to work against extreme temperatures.
4. has no other characteristics that would allow him to tank this.

2 is valid to an extent.
1 seems extremely ehh. Some people in certain verses just have random resistances.
True, but when you combine 1 and 2, it leans more towards Blut Vene being the reason as oppose to a completely random unexplained specific resistance.

The only way he’d resist is with Blut Vene.
That's just not true.

Characters don't always have reasonable explanations behind why they can resist certain abilities. They just do sometimes.

It is not impossible that As Nodt simply broke free through pure strength/willpower/fear/whatever you want. The only fact that we have for certain is that he did resist it.

That's just not true.

Characters don't always have reasonable explanations behind why they can resist certain abilities. They just do sometimes.

It is not impossible that As Nodt simply broke free through pure strength/willpower/fear/whatever you want. The only fact that we have for certain is that he did resist it.
Nobody is saying it's impossible, but what is more likely
  1. He used the ability we already know resists things like extreme temperatures
  2. He was so terrified of Yhwach that he somehow broke out of AZ with no explanation whatsoever as to how this is possible

And I follow up with he’s shown using Offensive Blut and Defensive Blut every other time?

Did you forget he literally died to same absolute zero when Rukia used it again? Did all of sudden his willpower go down according to you? Or maybe he switched bluts and got wrecked?

He was so terrified of Yhwach that he somehow broke out of AZ with no explanation whatsoever as to how this is possible

Don't assume that I am treating this as a certainty. As I said earlier, this is the closest thing to an explanation we're given in the moment.

I don't like stacking assumptions on top of each other to spread this resistance around to unrelated characters. If you want to assume that As Nodt resisted it purely through an unconfirmed application of Blut Vene, then that's fair enough. But I still think it needs to be removed from the other characters.

At this point, I think there's enough evidence to say every Quincy should have it at least listed with a possibly on their profile.

There's more evidence supporting As Nodt using Blut Vene than there is for him having a random mysterious resistance that was never explained and disappeared the next chapter when As Nodt was actually killed by AZ.

Now every quincy's blut getting it? Idk
Can I ask why?

As explained earlier, As Nodt isn't unique, there's never been any emphasis on his ability to use Blut Vene proficiently.

Also, when I say every Quincy, I mean pure Quincy really, since they naturally have the ability without training.

As explained earlier, As Nodt isn't unique, there's never been any emphasis on his ability to use Blut Vene proficiently.

That's terrible reasoning. That's the same basis that can be used to argue every characters gets every resistance. "This character is a low-tier nobody, so all these high-tier characters should get the same resistance."

It doesn't matter whether As Nodt is a generic Sternritter or super special; unless it is confirmed that the Resistance is shared among all Quincy, then not all Quincy should get it.

That's terrible reasoning. That's the same basis that can be used to argue every characters gets every resistance. "This character is a low-tier nobody, so all these high-tier characters should get the same resistance."

It doesn't matter whether As Nodt is a generic Sternritter or super special; unless it is confirmed that the Resistance is shared among all Quincy, then not all Quincy should get it.
It's a resistance of Blut Vene, not a resistance of As Nodt, I think that's what you're confusing.

Blut is just pouring Reishi into your blood vessels, any Sternritter can do this, explain why As Nodt is a special case and gets a special resistance for doing the same thing every other Sternritter can do?

It's a resistance of Blut Vene, not a resistance of As Nodt, I think that's what you're confusing.

That is unconfirmed.

Blut is just pouring Reishi into your blood vessels, any Stenritter can do this, explain why As Nodt is a special case and gets a special resistance for doing the same thing every other Sternritter can do?

Because there's no evidence that all Blut users can do this.

Again As Nodt died to absolute zero. Stop saying it’s a resistance of As Nodt his death completely debunks this notion.

Resistance is not immunity.

That is unconfirmed.
It has far more evidence than any argument you've made thus far.
Because there's no evidence that all Blut users can do this.
You didn't actually answer my question, so I'll repeat it

Blut is just pouring Reishi into your blood vessels, any Sternritter can do this, explain why As Nodt is a special case and gets a special resistance for doing the same thing every other Sternritter can do?
Resistance is not immunity.
Absolute Zero is Absolute Zero, all that matters is the temperature in this instance, they're the same.

Back