• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor resistance addition to Byakuya

Edit: I decided to open and check the chapter again and I no longer agree with this.

Byakuya resists only fear, not the after-effects of fear.

Last edited:
Edit: I decided to open and check the chapter again and I no longer agree with this.

Byakuya resists only fear, not the after-effects of fear.
I specifically put the example of Rukia in case this was said

Although Rukia did not feel the fear, her feet were paralysed, which she could not understand herself, and after that she was paralysed by fear as a result of the hallucinations she saw, so her fear was caused by perception manipulation.

And in the first fight, Byakuya feels fear at first, but a few seconds later he hallucinates.

So yes, resisting fear does not mean you resist other influences.

Although Rukia did not feel the fear, her feet were paralysed, which she could not understand herself, and after that she was paralysed by fear as a result of the hallucinations she saw, so her fear was caused by perception manipulation.
It is said that Rukia's body felt the fear yk that right?

As Nodt: Because... Your feet are cringing.

Rukia: What..?! Are you saying my body is feeling fear?

So someone has to feel the fear before this thing has an effect.

It is said that Rukia's body felt the fear yk that right?

So someone has to feel the fear before this thing has an effect.
Will you understand what I'm saying now?

Unlike the Base form, the Ace Nodt in the wolstanding form also transfers fear to the nerves and as a result of this, part of the person's body remains paralysed, so yes, Rukia's feet were paralysed as a result of this feature, and when Byakuya resists this, he also resists the Fear that comes to his nerves.

This is not mental, but completely related to the body nerves, so yes, he needs to qualify for this resistance.

Unlike the Base form, the Ace Nodt in the wolstanding form also transfers fear to the nerves and as a result of this, part of the person's body remains paralysed, so yes, Rukia's feet were paralysed as a result of this feature, and when Byakuya resists this, he also resists the Fear that comes to his nerves.
Nerves resisting fear ≠ Resisting to paralysis

Just because this paralysis comes through fear does not mean that resisting fear means resisting all the after-effects that the fear brings. It's a purely NLF

In order for this to be true, he must feel fear and not be paralyzed, which is not the case here

Nerves resisting fear ≠ Resisting to paralysis

Just because this paralysis comes through fear does not mean that resisting fear means resisting all the after-effects that the fear brings. It's a purely NLF

In order for this to be true, he must feel fear and not be paralyzed, which is not the case here
"I'm really starting to get pissed off.

Look, it's not a mental effect, it's a nerve effect, we know that, so that's good.

Rukia makes eye contact with Nodt = paralysed feet but unaffected by mentally based fear

Byakuya makes eye contact with Nodt = He doesn't feel any of the effects of "The Fear", including mind-based fear

Rukia does not feel mental fear at first, we have already seen this in the battle with Base Äs Nödt, and the reason why she is affected later is that she encounters an effect that paralyses the nerves.

Rukia does not feel mental fear at first, we have already seen this in the battle with Base Äs Nödt, and the reason why she is affected later is that she encounters an effect that paralyses the nerves.
This paralysis is caused by "fear". It has nothing to do with As Nodt's mental or nerve-based fear abilities. It's fear that's causing it. And we call it "fear manipulation" whether it's nerve-based or not.

In short, Byakuya's nerves resist "fear". Not some other ability that directly paralyzes it.

You are claiming that because he resists something that happens indirectly, he resists the result, which is just an assumption. Like, Byakuya only resists the cause, not the effect. It's a very easy cause-and-effect relationship.

Last edited:
This paralysis is caused by "fear". It has nothing to do with As Nodt's mental or nerve-based fear abilities. It's fear that's causing it. And we call it "fear manipulation" whether it's nerve-based or not.
Bro, really?

Can a normal fear manipulation lead to paralysis ? This trait leads to complete paralysis stop repeating what you say like a broken record and I remember I said at the beginning that there is no such trait in As Nodt's power please read what I wrote

The 2nd form has the ability to affect the nerves and cause paralysis in the victims, right?

If resisting fear is enough, then why was Rukia paralysed and Byakuya wasn't?

I don't want to answer any more because you keep repeating what you say, at this point I will wait for someone authorised to come

Last edited:
If resisting fear is enough, then why was Rukia paralysed and Nodt wasn't?
Because the ability is As Nodt's? I don't know what you're trying to say rn.

For the Rukia part, she has no resistance to fear. So it's normal for her to be affected by that

Anyways, I think we've both said our piece, so let's agree to disagree 🙏

Because the ability is As Nodt's? I don't know what you're trying to say rn.

For the Rukia part, she has no resistance to fear. So it's normal for her to be affected by that
Have you read Bleach ?, if so, you should know that in Base Nodt vs Rukia, Rukia resists fear manipulation (at least until Nodt changes to his wolstanding form)
Anyways, I think we've both said our piece, so let's agree to disagree 🙏
Yeah 🤝

If it's shown that those who resist the fear portion still get affected by the paralysis portion of the hax then I'm fine with adding the resistance to the profile.

Nothing like this was shown. This paralysis only happens against those affected by fear.

It is even stated that the reason Rukia cannot move is because her nerves feel fear.
Look man, I have no idea how many times I'm going to make this statement, but I think I can make a final statement with evidence.

When Rukia meets Base Äs Nödt, she is subjected to his fear manipulation, but is not affected by it, as you can clearly see in the visuals

Even Nödt himself cannot understand this, so yes, Rukia can resist Base Äs Nödt's fear manipulation.

The main point we need to focus on is the Tartar foras form, which is the form in which Nödt takes the paralysis feature, Rukia attacks Äs Nödt immediately after Nödt's transformation, but his sword does not reach him because his feet are paralysed as soon as he makes eye contact.

And if you look carefully at the visuals, Rukia is not even aware of this, we learn this completely as a result of Nödt's explanation

Last edited:
Nothing like this was shown. This paralysis only happens against those affected by fear.

It is even stated that the reason Rukia cannot move is because her nerves feel fear.
I would not normally enter a Bleach thread in the same way that any self-respecting person would not enter a tarpit. Still, I decided to look, because this is a short thread.

You are arguing that they don't resist these abilities, and that these abilities are only a symptom of the ability they do resist (that being Fear Manip). If that is the case (and the scans provided don't provide much intel one way or the other), then I would agree, they do not have actual resistance to Paralysis Manip. From what phrasings I have read, I'd agree that if I had to choose, it seems to be more in line with your interpretation than the interpretations of the OP.

If we follow that line of reasoning, which seems the most likely facts of the situation, then no, none resistance.
I have already explained that they have different abilities in their two forms and as a result, resisting only fear does not mean resisting other forces, but this topic has gone on much longer than necessary and I am tired of defending it, so I guess that's enough.

I have already explained that they have different abilities in their two forms and as a result, resisting only fear does not mean resisting other forces, but this topic has gone on much longer than necessary and I am tired of defending it, so I guess that's enough.
I read your explanations and looked at the scans. I think Benimoru is more likely right than you are. Sorry man.

Back