• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Resistance to Absolute Zero [Bleach]

To quote the AZ page here
It is the ultimate form of freezing and in the theoretical situation that someone is exposed to it, their body will be frozen at the atomic level before collapsing under their own mass since the loss of energy causes the atoms to lose their cohesiveness
But again, this didn't happen the first time did it?

To quote the AZ page here

But again, this didn't happen the first time did it?
Why didn't As Nodt's Blut Vene stop it the second time?

There is no reason for As Nodt not to be using it when he sees an attack coming directly at him. If he supposed had it active the first time when he was blitzed by Rukia and still managed to defend himself with it.

Unless you make additional assumptions like him not using it this time.

More and more assumptions at work for this.

Can I ask why?

As explained earlier, As Nodt isn't unique, there's never been any emphasis on his ability to use Blut Vene proficiently.

Also, when I say every Quincy, I mean pure Quincy really, since they naturally have the ability without training.
The same exact way that all Quincies use the same exact Reishi to activate completely different abilities, it wouldn't be farfetched to say that their Blut doesn't have special differences.

I understand if it's stated to block out certain abilities, but when Blut's explained it just says "raises defense".

Please note, I'm not shutting this down 100%, I feel neutral on it tbh, but for a lot of verses I know (One Piece, DB, etc.), they have a shared energy system (Bleach is definitely more complex, but I digress) and not everything that they resist/tank is a universal boost.

It's like saying a Gotei member's Shihakusho took a fire blast, do we give all Shinigami with Shihakusho fire resistance?

Why didn't As Nodt's Blut Vene stop it the second time?

There is no reason for As Nodt not to be using it when he sees an attack coming directly at him.

Unless you make additional assumptions like him not using it this time.

More and more assumptions at work for this.
Quincy switch between offensive and defensive, can easily just say he was using the former

Hey, at least it requires far, far, far less assumptions than saying he gained a phantom resistance that then vanished inexplicably the next chapter.

Hey, at least it requires far, far, far less assumptions than saying he gained a phantom resistance that then vanished inexplicably the next chapter.

I am making zero assumptions. The only thing I'm saying needs to be listed on the profile is what we see in the manga: "Resistance to Absolute Zero (As Nodt survived Rukia's attempt to freeze him to Absolute Zero and broke free)".

No need to extend this to literally every other Quincy.

The same exact way that all Quincies use the same exact Reishi to activate completely different abilities, it wouldn't be farfetched to say that their Blut doesn't have special differences.

I understand if it's stated to block out certain abilities, but when Blut's explained it just says "raises defense".

Please note, I'm not shutting this down 100%, I feel neutral on it tbh, but for a lot of verses I know (One Piece, DB, etc.), they have a shared energy system (Bleach is definitely more complex, but I digress) and not everything that they resist/tank is a universal boost.

It's like saying a Gotei member's Shihakusho took a fire blast, do we give all Shinigami with Shihakusho fire resistance?
Nowhere is it hinted or stated that Stenritters Blut have unique properties, and we know otherwise anyway since both Jugram and Royd Lloyd were able to withstand Yama's heat with their Blut Vene, meaning they have the same resistance to extreme temperatures.

As for your last point, yes? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I am making zero assumptions. The only thing I'm saying needs to be listed on the profile is what we see in the manga: "Resistance to Absolute Zero (As Nodt survived Rukia's attempt to freeze him to Absolute Zero and broke free)".

Then proceded to die by the same AZ attack

Which is proven wrong by the fact that As Nodt was killed by AZ

What it should realistically say is;

"Resistance to Absolute Zero via Blut Vene (As Nodt survived being frozen at Absolute Zero)"

Last edited:
Let's not ignore that As Nodt wasn't only killed by the Absolute Zero. He was also killed by being decapitated.
I'd like to point out that this scan by itself does make it look like he died from the decapitation (at least to me) because the dialogue stops on the top panel that shows the tip off his head cut off as if that's what stopped him from finishing his thoughts.

I'm not saying it's a fact that it was the decapitation that killed him just that it looks that way. However this is coming from a non Bleach reader.

I'd like to point out that this scan by itself does make it look like he died from the decapitation (at least to me) because the dialogue stops on the top panel that shows the tip off his head cut off as if that's what stopped him from finishing his thoughts.

I'm not saying it's a fact that it was the decapitation that killed him just that it looks that way. However this is coming from a non Bleach reader.
He was actually falling apart due to the AZ

He didn't, that's just how AZ works like I posted
It is the ultimate form of freezing and in the theoretical situation that someone is exposed to it, their body will be frozen at the atomic level before collapsing under their own mass since the loss of energy causes the atoms to lose their cohesiveness
This comes from the AZ page, your body literally breaks apart because it doesn't have enough cohesiveness.

This comes from the AZ page, your body literally breaks apart because it doesn't have enough cohesiveness.

That doesn't explain the clean cut through his head.

The crumbling happened afterwards.

Oh really?, I thought the top panel was the decapitation Damage was talking about.
That is what I'm talking about.

Unlike the first time he was frozen, this time As Nodt had the top of his head cleanly destroyed / sliced away.

You’re spreading misinformation now. How the he’ll would his head be cut off by an aoe ice blast?
That's what I should be asking you. How would an AOE Absolute Zero wave cut off the top of his head? Look at the top panel. The top isn't crumbling, it's a clean slice and you can see the after-effects of it near the back of his head.

Unlike the first time he was frozen, this time As Nodt had the top of his head cleanly destroyed / sliced away.
And yet you can't actually prove it, whereas given how AZ works, his head just breaking apart is perfectly reasonable.

Didn't you say a moment ago that your arguments didn't make any assumptions? If this isn't an assumption, then what is?

Also prior to this he activated his Vollstandig and went on the offensive. He’d use offensive Blut to amp his attacks. All he cared about at that point was scaring Rukia to death.

It's what I see on the page.

It's a clean cut.

We see his lower body crumbling on the same page and it is in the form of shattering and breaking into chunks.

The top part of his head doesn't even have any cracks around the cut.
What you see and what I see isn't the same thing, sure it could be a cut, just as much as it could have broken off cleanly via the effects of AZ, it's not as if his entire body is instantly going to collapse in on itself, and his lower body is breaking off and then hitting the floor, which would obviously cause it to crumble into pieces.

Just want to say, Byakuya directly states this, and he's literally the only person who could've decapitated As Nodt even if you want to consider that possibility.

So not only is Damage assuming As Nodt was decapitated instead of his head breaking apart due to AZ, but he's also assuming Byakuya lied for some reason and stole Rukia's kill

Rukia didn't move both before activating Bankai and after, which is why I say only Byakuya could have done it.

Last edited:
Just want to say, Byakuya directly states this, and he's literally the only person who could've decapitated As Nodt even if you want to consider that possibility.
So not only is Damage assuming As Nodt was decapitated instead of his head breaking apart due to AZ, but he's also assuming Byakuya lied for some reason and stole Rukia's kill
Rukia didn't move both before activating Bankai and after, which is why I say only Byakuya could have done it.

Please don't put words in my mouth. Not once have I mentioned Byakuya.

Rukia's attack with her Bankai is off-screen, so you can't say it could only have been Byakuya, and not a ranged attack from Rukia's Bankai.

This is some nonsense misrepresentation that I wouldn't expect from you Purgy.

Please don't put words in my mouth. Not once have I mentioned Byakuya.

Rukia's attack with her Bankai is off-screen, so you can't say it could only have been Byakuya, and not a ranged attack from Rukia's Bankai.

This is some nonsense misrepresentation that I wouldn't expect from you Purgy.
It's not off-screen, we see both before As Nodt's head is destroyed and after, but Rukia is in the exact same spot.

I also have to question her ability to move, let alone that quickly, given that she literally freezes her own body and it's so brittle it breaks randomly, if she tried moving I'd imagine she'd end up in a similar state to As Nodt.

I missed your ranged part, what range attacks do you speak of? She can fire ranged slashes to decapitate people now?

Back