• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Resistance to Absolute Zero [Bleach]

Bit late, but they really made a staff discussion thread for this? Comical
Just a little bewildered that Cyber told everyone yesterday that he had a big crt planned and then people go out and made 3 different crts just like that lol. Damage is one of our knowledgeable staff members and he can’t be answering 3 or 4 different crts at a time while trying to deal with other things as well
As said above, Damage made this thread when he could have easily waited, and my CRT shouldn't have taken more than a couple hours but it's now dependant on this thread, so yeah, contrary to the rest of your post, you can only really blame Damage.

@Purgy; I saw an issue that needed fixing and rather than derailing the other CRT with it, I created a new thread for it.

This thread would have been over hours ago if people weren't kicking up such a fuss about some speculative resistances being removed from a handful of profiles.

@Purgy; I saw an issue that needed fixing and rather than derailing the other CRT with it, I created a new thread for it.

This thread would have been over hours ago if people weren't kicking up such a fuss about some speculative resistances being removed from a handful of profiles.
I mean, sure, that doesn't really change anything I said though.

"Kicking up such a fuss"? Is that what you call it when someone disagrees with your argument?

imo i think the assumptions are reasonable even stacked upon each other it makes more sense, however its just that tho assumptions we don't have evidence he used blut vene, is there evidence blut is passive? or do they need to actively use it
just give As nodt resistance to Absolute zero cause he feared his majesty, is there a catergory for a feat like that supernatural willpower?
make way for a better crt incoming

I disagree with downgrades...
If the resistance is being based off of a common technique and it is the best explanation for the resistance with it having precedence via resisting similar temperature based hax albiet hot one...then this is completely logical.

And As Nodt getting affected by AZ during his death, when he shouldn't have further proves that he was using offensive Blut instead of defensive one...which would make sense for resistance not applying in that stage.

The alternative of unexplained resistance seems poor to me. And we would have to give Rukia resistance negation for killing As Nodt via AZ anyway or Reactive Evolution to improve here ability. Which is even more biazzare.

Blut vene seems fairer option.
And any Quincy with better application of Blut vene should have resistances via scaling.

If the resistance is being based off of a common technique and it is the best explanation for the resistance with it having precedence via resisting similar temperature based hax albiet hot one...then this is completely logical.

That does not make it the only explanation, nor are we forced to add the abilities to the profiles just because we can speculate on them having it.

And As Nodt getting affected by AZ during his death, when he shouldn't have further proves that he was using offensive Blut instead of defensive one...which would make sense for resistance not applying in that stage.
The alternative of unexplained resistance seems poor to me. And we would have to give Rukia resistance negation for killing As Nodt via AZ anyway or Reactive Evolution to improve here ability. Which is even more biazzare.

Rukia killed As Nodt be destroying the top half of his head, as I explained.

She used a different form of attack to kill him with her Bankai off-screen.

And any Quincy with better application of Blut vene should have resistances via scaling.

Most of the characters currently listed of having the resistance have almost no showing of Blut Vene at all. They're just being reasoned into having better Resistance without supporting it with evidence in the forms of feats or statements.

Rukia killed As Nodt be destroying the top half of his head, as I explained.

She used a different form of attack to kill him with her Bankai off-screen.
what different form of attack?
Most of the characters currently listed of having the resistance have almost no showing of Blut Vene at all. They're just being reasoned into having better Resistance without supporting it with evidence in the forms of feats or statements.
would you be fine with giving yhwach possibly?

Why do they need to show having BV when it's already stated that all of the quincy have it, this's just silly.
Your argument is basically the quincy don't have a technique that it was stated they have, because not all of them were shown to use it on panel.

Why do they need to show having BV when it's already stated that all of the quincy have it, this's just silly.
Your argument is basically the quincy don't have a technique that it was stated they have, because not all of them were shown to use it on panel.

My argument is that they shouldn't have the "Resistance to Absolute Zero" ability. I don't mind whether or not the technique itself is listed on their profiles.

Then why did you say this "almost no showing of Blut Vene at all"?
Blut Vene is the ability that saved As Nodt, and all the quincy have it.

Then why did you say this "almost no showing of Blut Vene at all"?
Blut Vene is the ability that saved As Nodt, and all the quincy have it.
My earlier point was in response to "And any Quincy with better application of Blut vene should have resistances via scaling."

It is impossible to judge "better application of Blut Vene" when almost none of them have shown how capable their Blut Vene is.

Leading to people needing to make assumptions like "This character has more raw power, so obviously their Blut Vene should be just as resistant to Absolute Zero."

Blut Vene is just making reishi directly flow into their blood vessels lol, the only one who was shown to use it in a unique way was Yhwach in his battle with Ichibe.

I agree with Damage on this. As Nodt survived those absolute zero temperatures WITHOUT using BLUT. He survived with willpower.

As you can see below Quincies can't attack and defense with BLUT at the same time. Is a weakness.

0499-008.png
0499-009.png

Here we see As Nodt rushing to attack Rukia before she uses her power. Offensive Blut is been used here.

0567-015.png
0567-016.png
0567-017.png
0568-002.png

And here As Nodt breaks free from Rukia's hax through shill willpower alone.

0568-004.png
0568-005.png
0568-006.png

The only temperatures told to be blocked by Blut is FIRE through Yhwach's clone copy. There's no quote/statement about As Nodt using Blut to block absolute zero.

I am so sorry to be bringing this thread back up when there’s a very important crt going on, but wasn’t Byakuya able to withstand her absolute zero temp by being around her in shikai or bankai or by touching her in her bankai state? Or am I misremembering ?

I am so sorry to be bringing this thread back up when there’s a very important crt going on, but wasn’t Byakuya able to withstand her absolute zero temp by being around her in shikai or bankai or by touching her in her bankai state? Or am I misremembering ?
He approached her while she was in the process of undoing her Bankai, and cautioned her to take it slowly. But since Rukia wasn't attacking him with it, I wouldn't say he was experiencing Absolute Zero temperatures.

Although here, on the last panel, it looks like his fingers are freezing a bit.

He approached her while she was in the process of undoing her Bankai, and cautioned her to take it slowly. But since Rukia wasn't attacking him with it, I wouldn't say he was experiencing Absolute Zero temperatures.

Oh yeah, after looking at that panel you’re right his fingers did freeze a little bit. Thanks for explaining it though I wasn’t sure if he did approach her while she was still absolute zero or not

So Byakuya is getting resistance or are we going to threat this as Rukia listening to his advice about controlling it?

Back