• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Resistance to Absolute Zero [Bleach]

As Nodt has clearly used Blut Vene before without it being shown, so I don't think the fact that we don't see it is indicative of it not being used.

I'm sure I can find several other examples of Quincy's clearly using Blut Vene but it not being shown by Kubo if it's necessary.

Regardless, my point is that, just because we don't see Blut Vene, doesn't mean we should automatically assume it wasn't used, especially when there is contributing evidence such as Blut Vene already having been stated and shown to grant resistance to heat manipulation, it makes perfect sense for that to be how As Nodt resisted, far more sense than just saying he broke out via being terrified or something.

I'm just going to point out, it's one of the biggest double standards period for them all to resist AZ and not do the same thing for Dragon Ball Super despite the latter being a lot more in our faces about power scaling in the like. The context between Vegeta's example is his sheer KI produced more pressure and/or heat than the AZ waves could freeze him. I know Blut is something that basically creates inhuman blood flows to raise durability, but I saw no mention of Blut Vene during chapter 567-568 fight scene.
  1. Absolute Zero descriptions
  2. Nothing too much here
  3. Mentions fear
  4. Slightly exceeded 4 seconds
  5. And best description is this
Regardless of whether or not it is the same context, we should either give resistance to AZ to everyone with stronger Ki and Vegeta's base form post ToP, or we remove from everyone except for As Nodt. But anyway, I may come back later until I see other points.
it is different there is no double standard, otherwise, Aizen would have the resistance since the one with more reiatsu, but it does not have it.

They were given for Blut Vene which is actually an ability.

I'm just going to point out, it's one of the biggest double standards period for them all to resist AZ and not do the same thing for Dragon Ball Super despite the latter being a lot more in our faces about power scaling in the like.
This literally isn’t anything like DBZ whatsoever so this is already wrong. Ki isn’t a technique that gives you general resistances.
The context between Vegeta's example is his sheer KI produced more pressure and/or heat than the AZ waves could freeze him.
How is this like blut?
I know Blut is something that basically creates inhuman blood flows to raise durability
Blut Vene increases your durability yeah?
, but I saw no mention of Blut Vene during chapter 567-568 fight scene.
So like Damage according to you Blut Vene is only used when Kubo decides to draw a bunch of patterns? Even though they’re always using it?
What does Bleach wiki prove here like at all? Are the novels also non canon since they say so?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/795774096104620133/834498943701614592/0567-016.png
Okay so you’re saying fear of Yhwach grants it? Okay well every Quincy is deathly afraid of Yhwach.
What point are you making here?
  1. And best description is this
Regardless of whether or not it is the same context, we should either give resistance to AZ to everyone with stronger Ki and Vegeta's base form post ToP,
I’m sorry is this some sort of DBZ thread?
or we remove from everyone except for As Nodt. But anyway, I may come back later until I see other points.
That’s not how this works and as an admin you should know this instead of arguing “what about my verse”.

As Nodt has clearly used Blut Vene before without it being shown, so I don't think the fact that we don't see it is indicative of it not being used.

It's not proof, but at the same time it also isn't proof that he is using it in this feat.

I'm sure I can find several other examples of Quincy's clearly using Blut Vene but it not being shown by Kubo if it's necessary.

It wouldn't matter much. For Haki users in One Piece, even though Haki is depicted as being invisible sometimes, we don't automatically assume a character is using it at all times.

Regardless, my point is that, just because we don't see Blut Vene, doesn't mean we should automatically assume it wasn't used, especially when there is contributing evidence such as Blut Vene already having been stated and shown to grant resistance to heat manipulation, it makes perfect sense for that to be how As Nodt resisted, far more sense than just saying he broke out via being terrified or something.

I would say that by default we shouldn't be assuming he is using it. I'm not saying that the only reason he broke out of it was because he was terrified, but that it is the closest thing to an explanation we are given during the feat.

I don't think it matters too much exactly how it was accomplished; the point is that he can do it, and we should leave it as only him doing it instead of assuming it for characters like Uyru and Ichigo.

For the record DarkDragonMedeus, even though I don't think the DB example and this one are as similar as you seem to think they are, based on what you said, I would agree with AZ scaling to other characters than Vegeta if that was truly the reason for his resistance.

But yeah, it's pointless to bring a supposed double standard up here, it's not relevant at all to the thread.

for Uryu i can agree cus i dont remember him being stated or shown to have it

for ichigo same since he cant really call blut at will or anything like that, he has it but cant control it

Except again you need to get through your skull it’s Blut Vene.

You’re literally arguing fear of Yhwach is really what allowed him to resist and then you’re somehow saying you aren’t.

At this point it literally just comes down to how you want to perceive it, there's evidence (and lack of, I guess) both ways.

Personally, I think it's pretty clear he used Blut Vene given that we already know it grants resistance to heat manipulation, so it's not a reach to say it would give him resistance to Rukia's AZ.

Is it possible to give a possibly for abilities? Since I think there's at least enough evidence for that.

Is it possible to give a possibly for abilities? Since I think there's at least enough evidence for that.

It is, but in this case I don't think the evidence is strong enough for likes of Yhwach's guards or Uryu or Ichigo, etc.

Yeah funny enough that’s one of the things that makes such an argument stupid. It’s completely illogical as opposed to Blut Vene which As Nodt himself uses frequently.

It is, but in this case I don't think the evidence is strong enough for likes of Yhwach's guards or Uryu or Ichigo, etc.
Just so I understand, are you fine with heat resistance (Not things like AZ, but rather Yama's heat) being given as a general ability to Blut Vene?

Just so I understand, are you fine with heat resistance (Not things like AZ, but rather Yama's heat) being given as a general ability to Blut Vene?
No. I'm fine with Resistance to High Temperatures being given to Jugram and Yhwach (and Royd technically) because they have the feats for it.

No. I'm fine with Resistance to High Temperatures being given to Jugram and Yhwach because they have the feats for it.
...Yhwach doesn't have the feats for it though, it was Royd Lloyd and Jugram.

Are you saying Yhwach should have it even though he's never demonstrated the feats? Because that goes against your entire argument here.

damage, with all the evidence given currently what do you deduce gave as nodt the ability to break free from rukia absolute zero?

...Yhwach doesn't have the feats for it though, it was Royd Lloyd and Jugram.

Are you saying Yhwach should have it even though he's never demonstrated the feats? Because that goes against your entire argument here.
Sorry, forgot that Yhwach was actually being impersonated there, lol.

But wasn't Loyd mentally impersonating Yhwach as well? As in he was acting and thinking exactly like Yhwach would?

No problem, I still forget sometimes as well.

Regardless, can you honestly say in good faith that the likes of Royd Lloyd can utilize Blut Vene better than Yhwach?
Wasn't Loyd mentally impersonating Yhwach as well? As in he was acting and thinking exactly like Yhwach would?

Royd Lloyd copies appearance, memories and personality, not abilities or power,
Right. If he was supposed to be thinking as Yhwach would, then I could see an argument being made that "Yhwach in this position would think he had Blut Vene capable of withstanding it." And also Yama himself didn't have any confusion over what appeared to be the Yhwach that he knew being able to survive near his insane heat.

But anyway, my main issue is with the scaling of resistances based on assumed abilities at work here. I could see a "possibly" being given to Yhwach for the above reason (and depending on whether you believe it or not, him absorbing his underlings abilities).

But I don't think the other characters listed in the OP should get it.

Right. If he was supposed to be thinking as Yhwach would, then I could see an argument being made that "Yhwach in this position would think he had Blut Vene capable of withstanding it." And also Yama himself didn't have any confusion over what appeared to be the Yhwach that he knew being able to survive near his insane heat.

But anyway, my main issue is with the scaling of resistances based on assumed abilities at work here. I could see a "possibly" being given to Yhwach for the above reason (and depending on whether you believe it or not, him absorbing his underlings abilities).

But I don't think the other characters listed in the OP should get it.

my main issue is with the scaling of resistances based on assumed abilities at work here
For As Nodt, fair enough, but how is the heat resistance assumed when we're explicitly told they're able to withstand it with Blut Vene?

Not assumed for Royd and Jugram, but it is assumed for other users of Blut Vene. This is where a "possibly" is more reasonably applicable than the As Nodt example.
In regards to the heat resistance aspect, I would be fine with; Royd Lloyd, Jugram and Yhwach have it flat out, with any other pure Quincy being a possibly.

As for the AZ, are you not willing to settle on a possibly for anyone? Not even just Yhwach and As Nodt?

I get that this is incredulous, but it's just inconceivable to me that anyone could utilize Blut Vene more effectively than Yhwach, especially when Yhwach himself has demonstrated the greatest proficiency with it.

If we’re gonna go down this route let’s remove for example every application of The Almighty besides being able to see the future from the SK. Who’s to say he can do any of those things like Yhwach.

As for the AZ, are you not willing to settle on a possibly for anyone? Not even just Yhwach and As Nodt?

I could understand Yhwach being given a "possibly", even if I disagreed with it being necessary to list on his profile.

And I'm obviously fine with As Nodt having it.

But I disagree on it being applied to everyone else listed in the OP.

Back