• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just double-checking, which beings do you mean?
There are several haxes in Dragon Ball that work regardless of ki level or power such as:

Ginyu's body swap

Possibly Guldo's time stop (as Krillin and Gohan were frozen despite being stronger)

Dabura's stone spit (Also possibly, but it seems like you can't resist that with ki)

Majin Buu's candy beam (except for Vegito who can still fight despite being turned into candy, and the story treats it as a special ability Vegito has)

Majin Buu's absorption (as when Super Buu absorbed Gohan he was weaker than him due to Gotenks defusing inside of him)

In Super there's the water that made Copy-Vegeta, and Wagatash's mind-hax

The manga also have some haxes from Moro that relies on magic rather than ki

Someone's bad at tallies. It was obvious I disagreed too. And you're missing a few others on there too.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were using underhanded tactics just to get your way.
If you aren't clear on your preference, i won't count your vote. Anyway, i will add you to the disagree votes.

There are several haxes in Dragon Ball that work regardless of ki level or power such as:

Ginyu's body swap

Possibly Guldo's time stop (as Krillin and Gohan were frozen despite being stronger)

Dabura's stone spit (Also possibly, but it seems like you can't resist that with ki)

Majin Buu's candy beam (except for Vegito who can still fight despite being turned into candy, and the story treats it as a special ability Vegito has)

Majin Buu's absorption (as when Super Buu absorbed Gohan he was weaker than him due to Gotenks defusing inside of him)

In Super there's the water that made Copy-Vegeta, and Wagatash's mind-hax

The manga also have some haxes from Moro that relies on magic rather than ki
ok, we've heard this from you so many times and it's been refuted, my dear friend, let's use your dumb logic to nerf all hax and resistance, as certain characters only resist because of your energy, man, you don't know how stupid it is being the reason to remove resistance from the characters just because they used ki, which is a universal energy, literally comes from the body, no DB being resist without energy, the ki of Dragon Ball is like a limb for them to move, it doesn't make sense for you to want to use it to nerf, since it is a merit of the ki, nothing more, I'm Brazilian I'm shocked at how much shit was put here to remove resistances and nerf DB's hax, if we use that logic here not even the most powerful verses would resist such a hax on account of having That can handle nothing, Saint Seiya also uses this, I can quote a lot of verses that would be nerfed by stupid logic and a non-thinking head, do good for everyone, and disagree with that, that's how to deny every concept that Akira Toriyama made in Dragon Ball, there is no way Dragon Ball characters can resist without ki, taking the ki out of all DB characters they would be dead, you have an Any idea how absurd this is what you are talking about?

ok, we've heard this from you so many times and it's been refuted, my dear friend, let's use your dumb logic to nerf all hax and resistance, as certain characters only resist because of your energy, man, you don't know how stupid it is being the reason to remove resistance from the characters just because they used ki, which is a universal energy, literally comes from the body, no DB being resist without energy, the ki of Dragon Ball is like a limb for them to move, it doesn't make sense for you to want to use it to nerf, since it is a merit of the ki, nothing more, I'm Brazilian I'm shocked at how much shit was put here to remove resistances and nerf DB's hax, if we use that logic here not even the most powerful verses would resist such a hax on account of having That can handle nothing, Saint Seiya also uses this, I can quote a lot of verses that would be nerfed by stupid logic and a non-thinking head, do good for everyone, and disagree with that, that's how to deny every concept that Akira Toriyama made in Dragon Ball, there is no way Dragon Ball characters can resist without ki, taking the ki out of all DB characters they would be dead, you have an Any idea how absurd this is what you are talking about?
Ginyu's Body Swap doesn't rely on Ki.

Guldo's Time Stop doesn't rely on Ki.

Dabura's Stone Spit doesn't rely on Ki.

Babidi's Mind Control doesn't rely on Ki.

Toppo can't erase Frieza but Beerus can. Frieza resisted Sidra's Hakai by powering up (explicitly said by Frieza himself).

Hakai definitely relies on Ki to work.

Toppo can't erase Frieza but Beerus can. Frieza resisted Sidra's Hakai by powering up (explicitly said by Frieza himself).

Did you actually see the anime? Toppo is quoted that he cannot kill his enemies in the tournament

Man, you only did CRT because Gohan can't handle a hakai, for God's sake, stop it and be rational

What about other hax not being dependent on ki? Lol, your logic is flawed and bizarre, quit your tantrum bro

Wow, your arguments are illogical lol, do us a favor and disagree with this too, for God's sake, this is literally a joke, I still think it is lol
Your "arguments" are a joke, please be serious or let's just wait for more staff to come to this thread.

Both Ginyu's and Guldo's abilities are derived from their ki, if I'm not mistaken, so them working regardless of their opponent being stronger doesn't benefit your point.

Dabura's stone spit literally got blocked and deflected by Trunks' sword, simply by enough ki being flooded through it.

Babidi's mind control was overwhelmed by Vegeta's will power, which is, funnily enough, a part of ki too.

Toppo didn't erase Frieza because of tournament rules, but was also surprised in that same arc that Frieza hadn't been erased, so that looks to be more like shoddy writing than anything else.

Sidra's Hakai not instantly erasing a suppressed base Goku like it did Zamasu with Beerus, despite Sidra being acutely aware of how powerful Goku was at his peak, shoots your higher AP argument in the foot. Sidra's only incompetence was to do with him being terrible at his job, by the way, in the sense that he never destroyed that which he should've to make his universe better. Context is key.

Last edited:
Dude, just stop with that hostility. Especially when the comment wasn't even about the argument. You just seems to target me and throw words with no regard to anything. Keep acting like this and I'll have to report you
I'm just talking about facts, I don't think I have to report it, since I've never treated you badly and yes this subject really doesn't make sense, this topic here takes your patience away from people, look at the absurdities you are cited

" This is obviously just one of the benefits of Dragon Ball’s Ki manipulation and the opposition is simply grasping straws to hold up their flawed argument."

This isn't great reasoning for why greater amounts of Ki would grant them the ability to resist Hax. Ki isn't accepted to have natural Hax resistance in it. Every character in Dragon Ball should have EE resistance on their page if it was accepted as so.

EE Hax does not have a power level where they can just overpower it like they can with Hakai. When your putting Dragon Ball characters against characters that use EE Hax and using verse equalization your giving DB characters the ability to resist a Hax that ignores Ki altogether or your giving the opponent's EE Hax the same weakness of Hakai. Hakai isn't as haxxed as people think it is.

Sidra's mastery > Toppo's mastery
Freiza > Sidra's Hakai Ball
Frieza < Toppo's Hakai Ball

Ki is all that matters.

Why must we give every character resistance when their level of Ki mastery clearly isn’t even on par with a God of Destruction? What sort of line of argument is that?

Sure it’s not “great reasoning” because that’s not even my argument. You clearly quoted the argument and yet you claim I’m making an argument that higher Ki = higher resistance so you’re proving my point in what you quoted. My argument is Ki can be used as a means to an end

I repeat once more. Depending on how Ki is used (Ki mastery) it can grant resistances to certain hax and one can also create and develop certain haxes that work regardless of power level as shown throughout the series. So yes Hakai is as haxed and yes a more potent Hakai is simply a more potent hax. Just like every other hax that the OP didn’t mention simply because it didn’t benefit his argument.

With the sort of reasoning used against Hakai, he might as well do so.

The haxes not mentioned in the OP are obviously against. sus isn’t it.
Exactly, if this is accepted they will want to do the same things with the other skills, and the argument for nerfing is a joke lol

In short higher ki only means better resistance if the character knows how to use it to reinforce an existing resistance or develop a resistance in form of techniques like barriers like when Goku used that to shield himself from poison from Lavendar ( which Gohan didn't or couldn't do) or Vegito against absorption.

Obviously if you have higher ki you can reinforce your resistance much better but it doesn't mean you are resistant by default.

From the opposite perspective you can also reinforce a hax ability you possess with ki.

In conclusion the ap difference between A and b isn't the deciding factor whether a hax ability works or not. It's basically hax versus resistance and by how much they can translate their ki into reinforcing their hax ability and resistance respectively. And this is skill based.

Goku vs Broly and the god binding case is interesting in this regard. Goku's AP was higher
( I rewatched the fight. Broly powered up twice after the god binding scene. After the first they were equal and only after the second power up he started to overwhelm Goku)

Goku's AP was higher when paralysing broly. Then somewhow after powering up Broly was able to manipulate his Ki to reverse the godbinding with his own ki. It stunned Goku but he broke off fairly quickly and took Broly's full power punch without flinching.

Goku's AP was higher but in that instance Broly could translate his Ki into forming a better resistance than Goku could into forming a god binding. And this happened while Goku's AP was higher than Broly's. ( And when Broly tried to God bind Goku, the opposite became the case. Goku quickly broke free. Even faster than Broly. Both basically formed a better resistance than their respective "hax")

Last edited:
In short higher ki only means better resistance if the character knows how to use it to reinforce an existing resistance or develop a resistance in form of techniques like barriers like when Goku used that to shield himself from poison from Lavendar ( which Gohan didn't or couldn't do) or Vegito against absorption.

Obviously if you have higher ki you can reinforce your resistance much better but it doesn't mean you are resistant by default.

From the opposite perspective you can also reinforce a hax ability you possess with ki.

In conclusion the ap difference between A and b isn't the deciding factor whether a hax ability works or not. It's basically hax versus resistance and by how much they can translate their ki into reinforcing their hax ability and resistance respectively. And this is skill based.

Goku vs Broly and the god binding case is interesting in this regard. Goku's AP was higher
( I rewatched the fight. Broly powered up twice after the god binding scene. After the first they were equal and only after the second power up he started to overwhelm Goku)

Goku's AP was higher when paralysing broly. Then somewhow after powering up Broly was able to manipulate his Ki to reverse the godbinding with his own ki. It stunned Goku but he broke off fairly quickly and took Broly's full power punch without flinching.

Goku's AP was higher but in that instance Broly could translate his Ki into forming a better resistance than Goku could into forming a god binding. And this happened while Goku's AP was higher than Broly's. ( And when Broly tried to God bind Goku, the opposite became the case. Both formed a better resistance than their respective "hax")
Good boy

Just to re-clarify my stance, I am still neutral because I feel that both sides have compelling arguments, but not enough to really sway me.

That said, if Bureaucrats can give good and definitive arguments as to why this does/doesn't work, I'll take the side they argue for.

I think we can all agree on a middle-ground, maybe a Minor/Limited Resistance or something like that.
There is no we in here, there is only you and a bunch of other downplayers that agree with that shit. 25 other people including me has clearly stated that they disagreed and it would be a full on resistance, not any of the minor/limited shit you put up. Let the bureaucrats decide.

There is no we in here, there is only you and a bunch of other downplayers that agree with that shit. 25 other people including me has clearly stated that they disagreed and it would be a full on resistance, not any of the minor/limited shit you put up. Let the bureaucrats decide.
yea bro we're downplaying 100%, goku is above fiction and is boundless no cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back