• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
[1]

[2]

It comes from this ^.

How this got accepted as fatehax is beyond me. Nothing states it is, nothing implies it is. All we get is a flash and Sonic waking up, with the king saying the SoA saved them from certain doom. Yet someone extrapolated this to meaning that the SoA altered fate to allow them to survive, which is the biggest extrapolation since High 6-C Undertale.

You love ignoring context.

We're talking about a Sword that passively sees the past, present, and future passively and only acts when it's attempting to change the future. It saw the future, saw their deaths (because yes, Cal, Low 2-Cs can die from falls narritively just like they can get knocked out by motorcycles), and prevented it. That's what the Sword does. Your hatred of fate hax is also no secret.

Remember how we had an entire storyline where one of the Low 2-Cs fell off a building and people thought she was dead.

For all we know the sword could've done as little as cushioned their fall. You defaulted to the literal highest setting. No "the sword removed fall damage" or "the sword slowed their momentum." Just fatehax. You might as well have said the sword became tier 1 and literally rewrote the narrative Featherine style so the characters survived the fall.

And ye no secret.

Is there an implication that it directly altered fate? The context you're giving only indicates that it performed the actions necessary to change a precog prediction, which isn't fate manipulation.

There's no allusion to slowing their momentum or removing their pain, that is something that's more unfounded than me claiming it has Fate Manipulation and tying it into why it has such an ability. It actually has sustenance as for why it would have it.

In the scan it directly shows an ability that follows suit from seeing the future. Cal's propositions don't even make sense in the context of the panels he's showing.

Boi this ain't Yhwach. Broski, know how often changing ones future happens in fiction? My Hero Academia, Dragon Ball, Terminator, Fire Emblem, we can go literally all day. That's...not a joke. It would take me hours to list all the examples of this trope.

Cal, do you know why your examples are major false equivalences? 3 out of your 4 examples include time travel. Please tell me where Sonic was like, "Hey yo wassup! I'm gonna save myself from this fall!" And if MHA comes from something like "fated to be a hero", that's naturally ambiguous on its own and logical on why we wouldn't apply that. We are literally being shown an ability in this context. None of what you have said is remotely satisfactory in refuting Fate Manipulation.

How did they change it? If they already knew about it and worked to change it, then your example is automatically invalidated.

Doesn't look like Fate Manipulation to me. If the sword saw that sonic and the king would die and decided to save them, that doesn't count as Fate Manipulation unless it is stated or hinted at.

This like me seeing the future, seeing someone fall of a building and dying but right before they hit the ground I warp space around them and get place them saftly on the ground... That's not fate manipulation. All I see in the scan is Sonic falling, a white flash of light, sonic is on and alive, the king then says the sword saved them from death... That doesn't 100% mean Fate Manipulation. The sword could have just warped them to safety.

Is there anything else that supports fate manipulation?. I'm not knowledgeable on Sonic stuff like this so I'd like to know.

PlozAlcachaz said:
How did they change it? If they already knew about it and worked to change it, then your example is automatically invalidated.
But what proof do you have that the sword didn't do anything to change it? What indication do you have that it's warping fate over any other of countless abilities that could be used to see someone is falling and stop it?

Upon reading the Comic, this does appear to look more like Spatial Manipulation/Teleportation. I'll agree with this unless Maverick has something to say about it considering it's rather ambiguous what it is in the first place.

I agree with Ploz btw. I figured there were more scans than just this, but we're left empty-handed here unless there are more scans to back it up

Agree it does not look like fate manipulation if this is what the supporting for fate manipulation is.

I looked at this in Vriska vs Sally, and I was like, "How the hell is this Fatehax, let alone strong fatehax"

I agree with a removal

Just saying. Changing fate by abusing your precognition/knowledge of the future by doing certain actions is not Fate manipulation.

From what I say, this is as much fate manipulation as me supposedly having fate hax by going into the past and stopping my parent's from ever meeting in the future.

So, yeah, I agree with a removal too.

PlozAlcachaz said:
The precogger in question did nothing to change it. He had tried to change the outcomes of his precogs for 20 (I think) years, with no success up until that point, so he had completely given up on changing the future at that point.

Then, he foresaw that a hero-in-training would die during a raid against a villain. The hero-in-training didn't just not die. He absolutely wrecked the villain.

And it's not like it's that vague of a precog either. Knowing Nighteye, he could probably have, if he had a watch on him, given you the exact second Midoriya was supposed to have died.

I think that Cal seems to make sense. I do not notice any fate manipulation in those scans.

This should probably clarified as some type of Teleportation instead since it's still an ability, just with the wrong label.

What's the flash of light going on behind them in the scan? Is it an explosion of some sort? The scan where they wake up makes it look like they're either in a crater (due to the chunks of rubble and pipes) which, if that was an explosion, would imply that it gave them some sort of physical protection from the damage (a force field, stat amping, something.)

Impact should not have been involved. It was already implied Max's crystal form was extremely fragile. (Read left to right)

1B9EF8AA-6579-45F8-A7A8-CAEF1F102B58

I'm being to think the Sword of Acorns twisted Reality to save Sonic and fragile King Max.

Of course, did the Sword of Acorns acted with the intention (because we have establish that it's sentient) to save the fragile crystal King Max because King Max was it's creator and Sonic was along for the ride?

^This

I don't know if I'd say "twist reality" though, again, seems more like Teleportation given how it's depicted. Anyway, it should be since King Max is tied to the Source of All, he bathed in it.

Back