• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reimu Hakurei (Window) vs Dante (1,4,2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamatohime said:
FateAlbane said:
Yamato can slice trough space and dimensions, so it ignores conventional durability and can also attack from literally hundreds of meters away. Since Reimu's best hax aren't allowed either, Yamato is a decisive factor here.
Reimu's Barrier can protect from dimensions intervention-like abilities of Yukari... So it's moot point currently. It's basicaly time-stop vs decoys. Who tire whom first will be the winner.
the reason why reimu can do that is because

"states she can't manipulate the border near the Moriya Shrine, presumably due to the presence of Suwako and Kanako"

so maybe because reimu is a miko and drew the power of a God she worship she can cancel yukari power. but i doubt it works on another dimensional attack

That doesn't really make sense.... It's credible but that's a big maybe. And Yukari isn't exactly a god and she's known to use dimensional attacks before. And where is that statement from? Link me up?

Akalavashimu said:

"states she can't manipulate the border near the Moriya Shrine, presumably due to the presence of Suwako and Kanako"

so maybe because reimu is a miko and drew the power of a God she worship she can cancel yukari power. but i doubt it works on another dimensional attack
Well, it's probably the other way around. They both use the same powers - barrier creation. Basicaly it's who has more experience. In terms of spatial manipulation though... Barrier vs spatial manipulation is kind of iffy now.

Yamatohime said:
Akalavashimu said:

Well, it's probably the other way around. They both use the same powers - barrier creation. Basicaly it's who has more experience. In terms of spatial manipulation though... Barrier vs spatial manipulation is kind of iffy now.
or maybe not because yukari use her youkai power to manipulate while yamato doesnt use youkai or demonic

We actualy de-railed. As I said AP (after all isn't Yamato posses Planet level AP) is useless if you can't land a blow on your opponent. So it's battle of atrition for both sides: basicaly time-stop versus intuition/precognintion-decoy-teleport combo. Who is tired first will die.

It's still magical energy... Why would it not work? Youkai power is still magical by that logic either way. There's also precog still.

You're kinda pulling at loose straws here.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
It's still magical energy... Why would it not work? Youkai power is still magical by that logic either way. There's also precog still.
Actualy no-matter who is right... Dante's AP with Yamato will crush Reimu's barrier. =)

I feel like it would meet some resistance, but either way yeah as you said precog and decoys with teleportation and sealing circles pretty much guarantee that Reimu would outwit Dante and seal him in. Insight op I'd say. And it's the similar scenario to Cole vs Alex again. Alex would stomp Cole in one hit, but he can't hit him at all due to Cole's powers.

I feel like it would meet some resistance, but either way yeah as you said precog and decoys with teleportation and sealing circles pretty much guarantee that Reimu would outwit Dante and seal him in. Insight op I'd say. And it's the similar scenario to Cole vs Alex again. Alex would stomp Cole in one hit, but he can't hit him at all due to Cole's powers.
Still I can't remember stamina feats for Dante to make clear conclusion though.

You're kinda pulling at loose straws here.
not really man in a lot of anime magical power and demonic power is diffrent there is a character that can easly block demonic power but cant fully block magical power

And what's exactly preventing Yamato from being dubbed as a weapon of demons? Considering Dante and Vergil are half demons and all?

Not knowledgeable on Dante regarding stamina but he should be able to last well. But Reimu's stamina should outlast his

And what's exactly preventing Yamato from being dubbed as a weapon of demons? Considering Dante and Vergil are half demons and all?
Not knowledgeable on Dante regarding stamina but he should be able to last well. But Reimu's stamina should outlast his
maybe you are right yamato origin is unknown after all the only thing we know that is yamato is imbued with tremendous magic. well if you want us to stop using bangle of time tell andykhang to fix the rule because time of bangle is a devil bringer and dante is a devil bringer collector after all he can take bangle of time after defeating mundus

Due to the fact that Dante is a half demon, Reimu's Fantasy Seal work extremely good. Also, Reimu worships no god. Hakurei's shrine maiden is the protector of Hakurei's Great Barrier and the keeper of gensokyo's balance. Dante's Stamina is Superhuman while Reimu's is Immense. Dante will run out of stamina before Reimu do, and if Dante can't hit her, her win. How about, right at the start of the battle, Reimu teleports herself to the Space (She has no problem with Space, she fights Lunarian on the moon anyway) and spams Danmaku. She can opens a rip to fire Danmaku near him with no problem while Dante gonna take a very long time to get to her place (doubt he even know where she is with Danmaku shoot from out of nowhere) and Bangle of Time is time limited only. So, my vote goes to Reimu.

OwariNepgear said:
Due to the fact that Dante is a half demon, Reimu's Fantasy Seal work extremely good. Also, Reimu worships no god. Hakurei's shrine maiden is the protector of Hakurei's Great Barrier and the keeper of gensokyo's balance. Dante's Stamina is Superhuman while Reimu's is Immense. Dante will run out of stamina before Reimu do, and if Dante can't hit her, her win. How about, right at the start of the battle, Reimu teleports herself to the Space (She has no problem with Space, she fights Lunarian on the moon anyway) and spams Danmaku. She can opens a rip to fire Danmaku near him with no problem while Dante gonna take a very long time to get to her place (doubt he even know where she is with Danmaku shoot from out of nowhere) and Bangle of Time is time limited only. So, my vote goes to Reimu.
didnt her power come from god in gensokyo and able to summon them? dante got teleport to and what happen if dante use bangle of time from the start

Actualy mikos can create gods from their own faith. But in case of Hakurei Shrine... There is no deity in there.

As for bangle of time. Dante still need the same time to activate it (if it can be activate via though) that take Reimu to put decoy. So like I said it is battle of attrition - who run out of stamina and hax faster.

@Akalavashimu:

Reimu need no prep time to make a decoy or teleport. Speed Blitz, Reimu can do the same action as Dante do. So there's no way Dante can time stop while Reimu can't do anything.

Yamatohime said:
Reimu's Barrier can protect from dimensions intervention-like abilities of Yukari... So it's moot point currently. It's basicaly time-stop vs decoys. Who tire whom first will be the winner.
Heiyaz, I'm back.

And I'll have to disagree, that's not how it works.

Unless you show me some good proof of Reimu outright tanking a dimension cut(not one: A lot of them one after another) from Yukari appearing right over her, this point does not stand. Yukari using dimensional stuff around her is different from someone with much greater AP outright slashing her to pieces with that sort of power while she is frozen in time.

And one more thing, the Reimu who fought Yukari - and Yukari is almost NEVER serious, as far as I know, had access to everything she has in her arsenal and her full speed. If Reimu was at full power in this match, she would ROFLstomp Dante, but that's not the case.

Fighting an enemy that is not that serious with your full capabilities is not the same as fighting someone with way more AP than you, bloodlusted who will kill you the first hit he gets. And Yukari can open gaps but I've never seen her stop time and throw a gap straight over Reimu to destroy her at the same time. Country Level+/Multi continent level attack from Yukari << Planet level attacks from Dante.

Yeah precog is one hellova useful weapon here so that also puts her more even against time manipulation. And again
That's like allowing powerful quest items for certain beings when they don't keep it in the games. A bit of.... inconsistency considering they never used it again? Either way it seems to be limited amount of time and energy so it's not as if Dante can spam it.

Precog and once more, limited energy

And so would Reimu. She isn't going to go easy on her and she's going to spam everything. And personally always found planetary Dante to be weird considering that creating a world and then attacking with blunt force or serious attacks while keeping said world is... well, either way
I didn't see precog among Reimu's abilities here, so I kinda sorta don't know when, where and to what extent she used it. Can you provide me one link or two to that?

As for questioning what's written on Dante's profile... I don't think that's the sort of thing we should be doing here. I'm new to this place, but as far as I know you could create another topic somewhere else.

...Anyways, we're getting off topic here.

I don't see how time-stopping would not work. I am familiar with the Touhou and I've seen Sakuya's power work perfectly fine against Reimu. She stands there, completely frozen in time and unable to take any action for as long as Sakuya is leaving knives all around her.

The thing is Sakuya can't finish Reimu off while time is stopped - probably due to Danmaku rule or something, which Dante can and will do the first chance he gets. And I think he's getting that chance before he goes down. If we're going with game mechanics to say The Bangle is limited by Devil Trigger, Reimu can't spam spell cards either because you have a limited ammount of that(Two of them, to be more precise. Oh, the good ol' days of playing PCB on Lunatic) per life. Sooo... That would actually get in her way more than it would get on Dante's.

By game mechanics Dante's Devil Trigger heals by itself and heals even faster if he's attacking. Reimu's bombs come back after throwing a ton of shots and actually hitting something or dying, so basically if we're going to limit something due to mechanics, she has two spellcards to use for the entire match.

And being limited or not wouldn't matter that much for Dante. He gets one hit, she's dead.

OwariNepgear said:
@Akalavashimu:Reimu need no prep time to make a decoy or teleport. Speed Blitz, Reimu can do the same action as Dante do. So there's no way Dante can time stop while Reimu can't do anything.
How is Reimu speedblitzing when speed is equalized?

As for time stop not working, see reasons stated above. He needs to get her only once, while Reimu will be dealing with equal footing hax, equal speed, superior durab. and far superior attack. Dante will get that one hit before Reimu seals him/beam spam/spell card to death, especially since it will take quite some hits from Reimu for the guy to go down and since he's able to endure pain and keep on fighting like it was nothing he could even get Reimu as soon as she hits him or something if he needs to.

OwariNepgear said:
@FateAlbane: https://youtu.be/IzRa9WZKoh8?t=37m43sReimu created a decoy of herself even in time stop.
Oh, I know of that feat(Sakuya lover here). But she didn't do it against all the time stops(if the first one was a decoy as well, she wouldn't need to dodge), hence the reason I say Dante may eventually get her. If in the first time stop Sakuya could attack her before the end of the time stop, things would be different.

My bad, i want to write speed equalized, but somehow i wrote speed blitz. As you just said, speed equalized. So if Dante can use time stop, Reimu can use teleport in the same time. Both of them are no prep time and instantly. Dante's time stop only last 3~5 sec i believe. And there must be a charge time before each use (Like Dio Brando's The World). If Reimu teleport to somewhere outside of the earth, plz tell me how Dante can find her.

Depends on how far from Earth Reimu can teleport and still attack Dante.

If she went to space somewhere near the earth, Dante could get to her by using Sparda to fly to the same place - he fought Munds in a similar setting, after all.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the points you guys are making and I won't try to change them, just making it clear why I'm more inclined to go with Dante on this one.

As i just said, my perspective is pretty clear. Dante can 1-hit Reimu w/o any trouble. Just 1 hit from Yamato, doesn't matter her Barrier can block Spartial Manipulation or Dimensional Manipulation, Planet level AP can easily kill her country level durability. But, that's if he can hit her. For example, Reimu teleports to the Moon right at the start, Dante's Sparda can't reach the moon in 5 sec. If he can, his travel speed must be sub-relativistic like Saitama. And Sparda also don't last long i believe? Maybe he will use his Majin Form to fly afterward, but after 5 sec, Reimu will just have to teleport to another place and continue spam her Danmaku. Spell Card limited or not, in touhou 6, her yin-yang orb near her shoot track Danmaku, right? Her speed is equalized doesn't mean her Danmaku also be. This more like a "catch me if you can" game where who run out of stamina first is the loser. And as i just said, Reimu's Immense Stamina > Dante's Superhuman Stamina.

Okay okay, this is turning into a burning field really fast, so I am going to actually put some condition in here:

Dante in 1,4,2

Round 1 : Without Weapon (Bangle of Time count as 1)

Round 2: With Weapon.

Is this enough? Okay, in my opinion, Round 1 Reimu could dodge every move and spam Fantasy Seal at him (since this doesn't require her to used weapon).. Round 2, I don't know if Reimu could ofuda spam him enough before the Bangle of Time could get her.

U seriously? Every attack of Dante is... Weapon... You're asking him to fight hand-to-hand with a Miko who never use any weapon to begin with...

Round 1: Reimu Danmaku and flight only (no Fantasy Seal, no Yin Yang Orb...) vs Dante w/o Bangle of Time and Majin Form.

Round 2: All out.

This is better.

@FateAlbane: About Sakuya's time thing, that's less about Spell Card rule and more about actual physics: Because object frozen in time can't move, tried to slice that is like trying to slice the toughtest material in the universe (incidentally, an object that froze in time).

And isn't that feat a fanfic? Not to said she can't do it though.

OwariNepgear said:
U seriously? Every attack of Dante is... Weapon... You're asking him to fight hand-to-hand with a Miko who never use any weapon to begin with...
Round 1: Reimu Danmaku and flight only (no Fantasy Seal, no Yin Yang Orb...) vs Dante w/o Bangle of Time and Majin Form.

This is better.
The purification stick and her Ofuda count as one, so Reimu is going to fight hand-to-hand combat too. I'm going to take your opinion though, since it's better.

EDIT: SOMEHOW TWO OR THREE COMMENTS DIDN'T APPEAR BEFORE I POSTED THIS. Please consider the following as something posted before the new rules where implemented by the OP.

Yup, could be a deadly "catch me if you can" game at that. At this point we disagree on the part where I think Dante can catch her before he meets his end and you think the opposite, so I'll settle with this. Flying shouldn't be that much of a problem, because during his entire fight with Mundus on Winged Form he was flying.

On Reimu's favor, if she outright teleported to the moon, it probably would take more than a few seconds to reach her. His travel speed should be Massively Hypersonic+ though I don't know to what extent. If we give him the lowest MH+ which would be Mach 1000 it would take him around 16 minutes to get to the moon and then Reimu beam spams him to death.

If we give him high end MH+ then he should get to the moon in a minute and a half more or less. If Reimu rinses and repeats this strat before Dante can time hax her, durab. and AP is not saving Dante, she wins.

I think he could prevent that sort of strategy with time hax and Yamato (he can also slow time down with Quicksilver if he has no access to Time Bangle at the moment). But one last question: Can Reimu warp herself and her projectiles from that far away? I've been re-reading her profile (since I'm familiar with the games, anime series and some other content, but not everything) and it says she can warp short distances. Maybe I got something wrong, but I'm somewhat curious now. XD

And ofuda and gohei are protective items. But her needles are weapons from China.

Round 1: Reimu will spam ofudas to seal away offender.

Round 2: Reimu will spam ofudas, needles, laser beams from YYO (though they usualy spam ofudas too) and make a lot of decoys. Since both can't realy dodge BEAM SPAM...

Andykhang said:
Okay okay, this is turning into a burning field really fast, so I am going to actually put some condition in here:
Dante in 1,4,2

Round 1 : Without Weapon (Bangle of Time count as 1)

Round 2: With Weapon.
Round 1: Reimu hands down.

Round 2: Same reasoning as before, for me.

OwariNepgear said:

This is better.
Poor Dante wouldn't be able to do anything aside from getting shot to the death.

Ok, in these conditions...

Round 1: Reimu with moderate difficulty(she can still seal him, am I right?).

Round 2: Same reasoning as before, so Dante. Unless this all out in speed unequalized and Fantasy Nature allowed, in which case Reimu would stomp him so badly, Sparda himself would hear it from the past.

Yamatohime said:
And ofuda and gohei are protective items. But her needles are weapons from China.
Round 1: Reimu will spam ofudas to seal away offender.

Round 2: Reimu will spam ofudas, needles, laser beams from YYO (though they usualy spam ofudas too) and make a lot of decoys. Since both can't realy dodge BEAM SPAM...
You mean weapon from Kogasa? I don't remember Kogasa is chinese :D

FateAlbane said:
I think he could prevent that sort of strategy with time hax and Yamato (he can also slow time down with Quicksilver if he has no access to Time Bangle at the moment). But one last question: Can Reimu warp herself and her projectiles from that far away? I've been re-reading her profile (since I'm familiar with the games, anime series and some other content, but not everything) and it says she can warp short distances. Maybe I got something wrong, but I'm somewhat curious now. XD
The main problems are decoys. Unlike for example Touhou's Alice who can outright see through Large Planet level illusions Dante will run for decoys... While sustaining the damage. And to make matter worse... Ofuda has many subtypes... One of them are those pesky "ninja like ones" - you diliver killing blow and it will auto-sacrifice itself by replacing protecting person.

Andykhang said:
You mean weapon from Kogasa? I don't remember Kogasa is chinese :D
She has those persuasion needles (very funny name).

@FateAlbane: You know what best? She didn't even realize it's teleportation. For her, it's going through dimensional rift in space. like Yukari does (Though her flying ability doesn't really require it...). And Yukari does find one to the moon.

Short distance teleport is her "flight". Her flight speed is so fast that she warp herself in a short distance. She has Spartial/Dimensional Movement, which allow her to use Dimensional Rift to teleport herself. A lil like Yakumo's gap, i guess?

She can open a small gate to shoot Danmaku from anywhere she want, this is her Spell Card but since you want a Spell Card Limit, Her Danmaku can travel with the Speed of Light ~ Massively FTL. Unless her Danmaku's speed also be nerfed? I believe we only equalized her speed, not her Danmaku.

Yamatohime said:
The main problems are decoys. Unlike for example Touhou's Alice who can outright see through Large Planet level illusions Dante will run for decoys... While sustaining the damage. And to make matter worse... Ofuda has many subtypes... One of them are those pesky "ninja like ones" - you diliver killing blow and it will auto-sacrifice itself by replacing protecting person.
Well Dante also has preternatural senses/minor precog with Alastor Blade. Should help him deal with that decoy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back