• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reimu Hakurei (Window) vs Dante (1,4,2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop right there guys... Reimu actualy can't teleport to the Moon (though it maybe because she isn't Alice and can't see true Moon).

FateAlbane said:
Well Dante also has preternatural senses/minor precog with Alastor Blade. Should help him deal with that decoy stuff.
Minor pregonition won't help. One need to see that it is decoy. Probably Clairvoyance will do... Even minor one.

Yamatohime said:
Stop right there guys... Reimu actualy can't teleport to the Moon (though it maybe because she isn't Alice and can't see true Moon).
The moon they see in Gensokyo is the real physical one though... And isn't the battlefield some generic place?

Anyway, yeah she doesn't show the feat, yet. But enough telespam should be enough, I guess?

Andykhang said:
The moon they see in Gensokyo is the real physical one though... And isn't the battlefield some generic place?
The Moon we all see just an illusion as far as I remember. After Apollo missions Lunarians erect massive illusion to avoid contacts with filthy earthlings.

@Yamatohime: You're wrong. Reimu can't teleport to the TRUE MOON of Lunarian, not the physical moon. Since the battlefield isn't mentioned, it should be earth by default.

And we're talking about a very normal earth, with moon, sun, stars, etc...

The reason why Reimu and Yakumo can't go directly to true moon is they don't even know where it truthly is. (Maybe not in Yakumo's case).

OwariNepgear said:
Short distance teleport is her "flight". Her flight speed is so fast that she warp herself in a short distance. She has Spartial/Dimensional Movement, which allow her to use Dimensional Rift to teleport herself. A lil like Yakumo's gap, i guess?
She can open a small gate to shoot Danmaku from anywhere she want, this is her Spell Card but since you want a Spell Card Limit, Her Danmaku can travel with the Speed of Light ~ Massively FTL. Unless her Danmaku's speed also be nerfed? I believe we only equalized her speed, not her Danmaku.
Thanks, I was seriously getting confused here.

As for the Spell Cards, to be fair I only say spell card limit should exist if Dante's time bangle is limited as well due to game mechanics.

And even if the Danmaku went that fast, again, same speed for the characters Reimu shoots >> Dante counters by time stop at the same time >> Yamato >> Either manages to get outta the way before the stop ends or gets blasted by danmaku as soon as it ends, buuuut Reimu's danmaku has Country Level AP while Dante has Planet level Dura. It will take some shots to kill him. Once again, same reasoning: You think he dies before hitting, I think the opposite. XD We'll go in circles eternally.

Guys, just do not make wanking here...

OwariNepgear said:
The reason why Reimu and Yakumo can't go directly to true moon is they don't even know where it truthly is. (Maybe not in Yakumo's case).
They could ask Alice who saw it during IN without any problem (and possibly through time too).

Yamatohime said:
Minor pregonition won't help. One need to see that it is decoy. Probably Clairvoyance will do... Even minor one.
Wouldn't he kinda sorta know in advance if she will use a decoy and/or if he would hit a decoy or know by chance where the original actually is? Not saying it would work everytime, just the one time he needs to get the kill.

^Who know though. What I know is that it's going to be useless if the real one is on the Moon and the fake one keep appearing.

FateAlbane said:
Wouldn't he kinda sorta know in advance if she will use a decoy and/or if he would hit a decoy or know by chance where the original actually is? Not saying it would work everytime, just the one time he needs to get the kill.
I think her decoys are omamori-types ofuda that will became decoy when her real body recieve a mortal blow. Basicaly: you miss - it's real her, you diliver killing blow - it's always omamori. They can be neutralized though with proper knowledge of Shinto rituals.

Additionaly knowing that it is a decoy won't reveal where is the true one. And her decoys can actualy attack you like the real one. If we're talking about shikigami decoys.

Andykhang said:
^Who know though. What I know is that it's going to be useless if the real one is on the Moon and the fake one keep appearing.
That's assuming she manages to rinse and repeat before getting Yamato to the face. Dante doesn't need to be face to face/in close range with Reimu for that. He needs to get near where she is... By hundreds of kilometers or so. If he gets a good precog at where or when to attack or where Reimu actually is, it's over. Time Stop >> Yamato.

Even without the minor precog that might help, if he time stops and uses Yamato actually hitting her once, boom, fight's over. My point is that they both have just the right tools to finish one another, so it could go either way by now. Whether Dante gets the one hit he needs before he eventually fallts to beam spam or whether Reimu meets her end due to hax... I don't know if this goes anywhere beyond the answer to this question, which pretty much could vary from person to person.

Let's me to conclude a little...

Version 1: Reimu's decoys are omamori-types... This is a really bad news for Dante. He have to kill Reimu a lot of times and his minor precog is completely useless.

Version 2: Reimu's decoys are kagemusha-types... This is more like 50/50.

Yamatohime said:
I think her decoys are omamori-types ofuda that will became decoy when her real body recieve a mortal blow. Basicaly: you miss - it's real her, you diliver killing blow - it's always omamori. They can be neutralized though with proper knowledge of Shinto rituals.

Additionaly knowing that it is a decoy won't reveal where is the true one. And her decoys can actualy attack you like the real one. If we're talking about shikigami decoys.
That's not actually confirmed, and still... Here's the thing.

Dante hits her while time is stopped. She's already dead, like when Dio hit Kakyoin in stopped time. The original already took all the damage. Even if the decoy worked that way(which again, is pure speculation) when the decoy activates, Reimu will already be dead because she took the full brunt of the attack while time was stopped. The decoy can't activate when she gets a mortal blow. It will only activate when time is moving again - by then, Reimu's dead.

@FateAlbane: Strange, the biggest feat of Yamato is that he can slices the Hell Gate from 700m away, where did you get the info about Yamato can slices a thing from hundreds of kilometers?

FateAlbane said:
That's not actually confirmed, and still... Here's the thing.

Dante hits her while time is stopped. She's already dead, like when Dio hit Kakyoin in stopped time. The original already took all the damage. Even if the decoy worked that way(which again, is pure speculation) when the decoy activates, Reimu will already be dead because she took the full brunt of the attack while time was stopped. The decoy can't activate when she gets a mortal blow. It will only activate when time is moving again - by then, Reimu's dead.
Even if time stoped it will work. Because her death will be registered when time flow restart again.

OwariNepgear said:
@FateAlbane: Strange, the biggest feat of Yamato is that he can slices the Hell Gate from 700m away, where did you get the info about Yamato can slices a thing from hundreds of kilometers?
Either Dante's own range or my mistake. I might've got them confused. ROFL

Yamatohime said:
Even if time stoped it will work. Because her death will be registered when time flow restart again.
Yamato cuts trough space and dimensions. Time is a dimension in space, hence space-time. The hit would be registered before time resumes if it's done with Yamato. Hence, Reimu would be dead before her stuff could activate.

FateAlbane said:
Yamato cuts trough space and dimensions, so yes, it could.
Space and dimensions are not really help there. Target is not really dead if slashed while time is stopped. It is actualy nor dead nor alive even like this.

Interesting though that anime prefer depict omamori-types like divine like protection via fate displacement: you are dead but omamori take your place and became dead instead of you. Shinto books I have do not emphasis this though and just tell that such charms are rare and hard to create (yeah, like IRL it will happen) while taking your place when you die by harmful means.

OwariNepgear said:
@FateAlbane: Just think of Reimu's Decoy as Ark of Incarnation from Warcraft 3.
I more concerned that those omamori-types decoys has their own name but can't find it. I know that Hitogata dolls can do the same though...

Yamato cuts trough dimension or space along with Reimu. If the space where time itself was is cut along with the target, the damage won't happen only when time resumes because you know, the dimension itself was cut. And even if it's the other way around, she already took the damage.

Look at it this way. Even if the damage only happened after time resumes...

Time stopped: They're in "different time", so to speak. Dante hits, Reimu's dead, but doesn't feel it yet. Time resumes. Reimu feels the effects of her death that happened seconds ago in the "stopped time". Even if her decoys activated like that (and again, that's not confirmed, just speculation..), they didn't make it in time.

But again, we're going in circles here.

I'll give my vote for Dante and I'll listen to your guys, but this is where I stop reasoning. Guess it's 3 for Reimu and 2 for Dante up till now?

EDIT: Andy Khang, what's your vote? I don't know if you're going for inconclusive or for Reimu here. XD

I have the most bizzare idea! Why Reimu do not seal all those nice shiny weapons Dante has on him - they are fricking magical weapons... And mostly demonic to boot.

If this was Marisa instead of Reimu, Dante would lose easily because all of his stuff would be stol... borrowed before he even notices.

^Can I ask though... is Dante Planet Dura extend to his mental one too? Since Fantasy Seal affect more on the mind (and soul).

So my votes...

Round 1: Reimu no brainer... Fist won't catch her.

Round 2: If Reimu manage to seal all Dante's weapons - it's Round 1 sooner or later. If not it is more fair and closer to 50/50.

So what the vote again? I only remember that Yamatohime and OwariNepgear vote for Reimu, and Fate vote for Dante.

Dante >> Me and Akalavashimu

Reimu >> OwariNepgear, Yamatohime and CoreOfimBalance

EDIT: Of course, I'm speaking round 2 here, which is the same rules as the match originally was. First round I'd vote for Reimu, no doubt.

Hm...still need for the round though.

And can i ask again? Is Dante dura extend to his mental and soul one?

I'm thinking it is, since it comes from him fighting a serious Mundus and the dude was a demonic emperor who could even do stuff like Reality Warping. I could be wrong, though.

@AndyKhang: Dante can resist Soul/Spirit attack to some extent, but idk how strong it is.

@FateAlbane: Her barrier block all spatial and dimensional attack, so dimensional cut from Yamato is nullified. The 1-hit i'm talking about is pure physical attack from Yamato.

OwariNepgear said:
@FateAlbane: Her barrier block all spatial and dimensional attack, so dimensional cut from Yamato is nullified. The 1-hit i'm talking about is pure physical attack from Yamato.
AP is enough to crush barrier though. =)

Yes, the Barrier will be crushed. But 1 cut from Yamato have Physical + Dimensional Damage, the Dimensional part is nullified and she only take damage from Physical one, that's what i means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back