• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reimu Hakurei (Window) vs Dante (1,4,2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All spatial dimensional attack is going a little far. Did Reimu ever tank a direct spatial/dimensional attack aimed exactly at where she stands while time was stopped from an enemy with stronger AP than her barriers durability? Because if both techniques interfere with dimensions, I'd think the dimensional damage which ignores conventional durab. would be calculated against her dimensional defenses via AP vs Dura.

Oh well, end is the same whether this gets null or not.

@AndyKhang: Yukari can't open a gap in Reimu's barrier's AOE.

@FateAlbane: No feat. And yeah, result is the same. With or W/O barrier, she will still be sliced to 2 pieces. And i'm still stick with my theory, she can teleport to very very very faraway and spam.

^Fantasy Spam, to be exact :)

So, the vote:

Round 1:

Reimu:4

Dante: 2

Round 2:

Reimu: 4

Dante: 2

OwariNepgear said:
I believe Fate said he vote Reimu in round 1. But this round 2 is kinda debatable.
Yeah, I found this arkward to do this too. So I guess 5 in Inconclusive and 1 in Dante?

So, setting this up again:

Round 1:

Reimu: 5 (Me, FateAlbane, OwariNepgear, Yamatohime, CoreOfimBalance)

Dante: 1 (
Akalavashimu)

Round 2:

Dante: 1 (Akalavashimu)

'Inconclusive: 5 '(Me, FateAlbane, OwariNepgear, Yamatohime, CoreOfimBalance)

Anymore vote?

Haven't voted yet Andy, well I'm still sticking with Reimu in the end since I'm one of the few who believe that even in Windows version she has planetary level capabilities due to that thread.

Anyway, if you said all out shouldn't we also allow 'items' from the fighting games? Rechecking the Touhou games and if so items like the Three Heavenly Drops (Invincibility for a short amount of time, which would be useful in a time stop) a pocket watch card, a sacrificial damage (reflects damage on whatever's dealt to it) and Reimu has a soul striking card too. There's also that instant barrier that knocks away enemies if they get close. Those are tide turners and could help even out the odds. Since they're going all out isn't that only fair for them to get all the potential items they can use? For a limited use for most of them I mean.

Checking over her spellcards and yeah still going with Reimu even in Round 2 because of sealing barrier spam, insight, the omnidirectional sealing circle, barrier expanding barrier which seems to slow down distance based attacks,

Would've responded more in detail but looks like things are coming to an end

^Huh? These thing should be fcking OP then, but I don't really know if something that's so used in Spell Card game could be used in a real fight.

Edit: Now that I checking it again, it does seem to affect in real battle too. Adding these thing sure complicated the issue though, mostly in Reimu's favors

It's only fair that way no? If Dante gets limited quest items then Reimu should get those limited items too. I always thought that the soul damage ability was more 'safer' in a danmaku battle since it might strike at the will to fight instead.

Yeah this is exactly why I lean on Reimu if we're going All-Out. And the issue is that a lot of Touhou characters can use those too. Should they perhaps be added on their profiles?

This is way more ridiculous. For example, Issei Hyudo vs Kirito. Kirito has lots of health potion in game, not to mention his "X-Mas Blessing" with the revival effect while Issei has none of them.

Just to be sure, Bangle of Time is an item or an equipment?

^It's not less ridiculous to put a virtual character to fight a real one, though. Beside, character should be able to using all of their arsenal in an All-out

I wouldn't exactly call myself "famous" but k.

Also, Reimu is the most nerfed piece of shit here yet she still somehow wins.

Round 1 I think Dante wins this actually, since 6-A > 6-B, and I don't think Reimu's spam is going to help her.

Round 2 Reimu probably takes it. Seals + Teleport + Clones = Overwhelmed Dante.

This is of course only if Dante is 6-A and not 5-B. Although I'm willing to say that Reimu with Fantasy Nature > 5-B Dante.

Bangle is an Equipment.

If we allow items things get complicated, so I don't think we should bring those here. Wanna know why? Dante also has hax with Items. Devil Star Green heals him and he has variations which can either heal him even more or outright fully restore him if he's near death.

Devil Stars which would refill his Devil Trigger hence unlimited time stopping.

Untouchable stars which make him invincible for its duration, Smell of Fears which renders any three next attacks against him useless.

Holy star which removes all debuffs(there goes all the sealing...)

And so on. Sooooo yeah. Things will get kinda messy if we add consumable items in this match.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
This is of course only if Dante is 6-A and not 5-B. Although I'm willing to say that Reimu with Fantasy Nature > 5-B Dante.
I'm going with 5-B Dante because yeah, Mundus and stuff.

Also, Reimu can't use Fantasy Nature in this match either.

I'm aware, but just saying that if it was 100% all Out (Except PC-98) on all side Reimu would most likely takes it.

Oh, no doubt about it. Full Power Reimu would pwn Dante with no difficult at all as far as my understanding goes.

FateAlbane said:
Bangle is an Equipment.
If we allow items things get complicated, so I don't think we should bring those here. Wanna know why? Dante also has hax with Items. Devil Star Green heals him and he has variations which can either heal him even more or outright fully restore him if he's near death.

Devil Stars which would refill his Devil Trigger hence unlimited time stopping.

Untouchable stars which make him invincible for its duration, Smell of Fears which renders any three next attacks against him useless.

Holy star which removes all debuffs(there goes all the sealing...)

And so on. Sooooo yeah. Things will get kinda messy if we add consumable items in this match.
Yeah, that's kinda what happen when you have a 3-D RPG game. Maaaaybe i shouldn't count these comsumable item, but it's still so interesting not to (like what happen when you suddenly have a sword that cut hesitation and a sword that know your weakness in hand.).

We're talking about a Reimu who lost her strongest defense skill and downgraded from Relativistic to Massively Hypersonic+, useless defense barrier which broke in 1 hit and can't really use her fullest potential spell due to (her laziness) Danmaku rules and Spell Card Rules. While Dante keeps all of his toys, feats, very freaking strong AP, Durability, Regenerationn and Time Control (Even w/o Bangle of Time, Quicksilver Style save the day). Yet, most of us believe in Reimu's win. What should i say? lol?

^That Reimu is ridiculously strong, even without hax? I think it's mostly due to her flight ability "Side Effect". (Like controlling probability and shit)

Maybe Reimu would give up the fight from the beginning for being too lazy to fight with all this handicap, even bloodlusted. *winks*

Jokes aside... Well to be fair, this was actually quite an interesting debate. The nerf on Reimu makes me think of this as one of those battles where a character is severely weakened after fighting some other enemy troops and then their commander appears out of nowhere to make things worse and you start to wonder whether he'll make a miracle or if the enemy's uuuunlimited powaaaaah will prevail.

ROFL

Also Dante can call his shadow to help him out too, totally forgot about that power.

EDIT: However, as it consumes DT as well, there's no reason to favor it over Bangle or Quicksilver.

Speaking of controling probablity, Reimu have it pretty strong too (she could walk safely across water just by "coincidentally" having fish jump to her step, she could away won a gamble just by "reading" the fate (it's complicate), and bullet seem to just moving away from her instead of going straight). I can't find source for the 2 of them though...

Sorry about that folks, had to eat and was enjoying watching Heroes.

And agreeing with Fate here. It's... hey it wouldn't be bad to see that in a story or something. But yeah it's the similar effect of buffing up a character to be able to match someone. Whether it be speed equalizing, nerfing an ability. And it was a fun debate too to be honest.

That said I also still argue my case with Reimu here, not finished yet.

Even if we ignore the consumable items, insight + decoy omni barrage and blink ability should be able to handle the limited time stop and Yamato cutting. Sealing would also still work

If we let them use consumables where it gets crazy, which is fun (and I don't think is too bad considering they used items like these before so as long as they have a set amount and not too many it should be fine), I'd still side with Reimu.

Of course Dante benefits from this greatly. And yes healing is very useful. But if Yamato is used against him via Sacrificial Doll, that's kinda hard to recover from no? The difference of healing from a critical injury to an insta-kill by his own attack would be fatal.

Pocket watch card for Reimu should allow her to counter those Time stops for a bit. And by then Reimu should be able to figure out how to deal with that afterwards. Not to mention insight would help her out here.

That would be a good move, if not for the fact that Reimu's attacks are literally hundreds. And hey Reimu has that short term invincibility power too. But would that defend him from being cced?

Ah, well CC spam it is then.

It might be messy but it's also very fun. Use them at their strongest right?

And for Shadows... well Reimu specializes in exorcising dark creatures so...

Need to find that insight feat for you but I forgot where it is. Anyway it is what helps her predict what would happen, which is why she senses incidents before they can happen

^It's being showed scattered in the Touhou canon, so it's not that hard to find. (You could find one in Touhou 9)

Good to go for me. Though I'm not sure if we need to wait for a mod/admin to give the final word, either. I'll just wait.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
And agreeing with Fate here. It's... hey it wouldn't be bad to see that in a story or something. But yeah it's the similar effect of buffing up a character to be able to match someone. Whether it be speed equalizing, nerfing an ability. And it was a fun debate too to be honest.
As someone aspiring to be a writer/mangaka(got a loooooooooong way to go, though), maybe one day I'll remember this and use this same setting against one of my characters. ROFL

First, Super Woman. Then, Sailor Moon. Now, Dante. Reimu keeps beating her opponent even though they're in a higher tier than her. So broken...

Anyway, AFAIK, Hakurei's Ancestor and Yukari Yakumo are the Creators of Hakurei's Great Barrier. While Reimu has to go here and there to stop incident, Yakumo stays in one place, watch and create more trouble. How the hell is that allowed?

Reimu should seal Yakumo off, once and for all.

OwariNepgear said:
Anyway, AFAIK, Hakurei's Ancestor and Yukari Yakumo are the Creators of Hakurei's Great Barrier. While Reimu has to go here and there to stop incident, Yakumo stays in one place, watch and create more trouble. How the hell is that allowed?
Reimu can't repair barriers. As you remember all massive barriers like the one Reimu damaged in T7 can't be repaired by her. If we go by goverment organization: Reimu is a police while Yukari is a border guard.

^I feel like she's too lazy to fix it though.

So, here the vote, again:

Round 1:

'Reimu: 5 '(Me, FateAlbane, OwariNepgear, Yamatohime, CoreOfimBalance)

Dante: 2 (Akalavashimu, Saikou the Lewd King)

Round 2:

Reimu: 2 (CoreOfimBalance, Saikou the Lewd King)

Inconclusive: 4
(Me, FateAlbane, OwariNepgear, Yamatohime)

...Yeah, still need more vote. (You need at least 6 to 7 in one side to win)

Round 1:

'Reimu: 5 '(Me, FateAlbane, OwariNepgear, Yamatohime, CoreOfimBalance)

Dante: 2 (Akalavashimu, Saikou the Lewd King)

Round 2:

Reimu: 4 (Me,CoreOfimBalance, Saikou the Lewd King, OwariNepgear)

Inconclusive: 2
(FateAlbane, Yamatohime)

Edit: On second thought, I'm going to switch my vote to Reimu in Round 2. I'm putting faith on telespam, insight and seal

Not to familiar with Devil May Cry. But judging from reading everyone's post, I'm still going to have to side with Reimu both rounds for reasons all ready stated. Such as her amulets, ofuda and needles are still really strong by themselves and being extremely effective on Dante, she can danmaku spam, minor teleportation, all of that.

I'm laughing at the fact how effing nerfed Reimu is and she still gets the majority vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back