• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn Update Project

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Previous thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3276215?useskin=oasis#403

This Regenerationn is about characters with Mid-Godly, High-Godly, and True-Godly Regenerationn and updating their Regenerationn to the new Regenerationn definitio; from the new definition, true-godly no longer exists and will be a downgrade for each character to their appropriate Regenerationn.

Characters with Mid-Godly and High-Godly Regenerationn may their Regenerationn updated or downgraded.

Here are the Godly-Regenerationn update:

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after the complete destruction of the mind, body, and soul.

High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after erasure from all aspects of existence, such as from history, narrative/plot, and/or conceptual/information destruction.

The profiles with Regenerationn can be found here:

I think this link is better since it looks to give a complete list of characters with Regenerationn and it look like there are around 5712 profiles with Regenerationn; luckily, the number should be fine:

I thought Mid-Godly was also disqualified if you could regen from other things that aren't mind, body, or soul?

Question, if you were erased across the past, present and future and came back from it, would that be High godly?

Theglassman12 said:
Question, if you were erased across the past, present and future and came back from it, would that be High godly?
I think this case was discussed and accepted as High-Godly, in the previous; so, I think it is High-Godly thread

Regenerating from its body and soull being destroyed is Mid-Godly, but if the mind/sanity do not "survive" the process I would say that is a weakness.

You need all 3 for Mid (or 2, if verse has no souls).

I'm wondering about what happens if you can regen all 3 of those but it's due to a 4th force, like the Guardians in Destiny.

So, if you were erased (mind, body and soul) along with the rest of reality (universe/multiverse), then that's still high-godly, right?

The mind/consciousness and the soul are usually portrayed as one unit.

Also, as far as I understand, in order to qualify for High-Godly Regenerationn, somebody would have to recover from being completely existence erased in every single respect in the setting. This includes mind, body, soul, across their entire history, conceptually, and so onwards, if all of them are available.

Wokistan said:
You need all 3 for Mid (or 2, if verse has no souls).
I'm wondering about what happens if you can regen all 3 of those but it's due to a 4th force, like the Guardians in Destiny.
Am not sure either. Sounds like that'd be either Ressurrection that recovers up to this level plus reliant immortality, unless counting it as regen but citing something else as the source is doable?

Is a peculiar question.

Nekron2 said:
So, if you were erased (mind, body and soul) along with the rest of reality (universe/multiverse), then that's still high-godly, right?
It needs to regenerate from being destroyed in all aspects, physical, spiritual, temporal, etc.

Ionliosite said:
What would happen with 1-As who only have True-Godly by virtue of being 1-A without any regen feats?
If they have 0 regen feats then their regen should be removed.

If they have it for regenerating from 1-A erasure then it depends on how the erasure works, i.e. whether it erases your mind, soul, concept, etc.

So, if you were erased (mind, body and soul) along with the rest of reality (universe/multiverse), then by the new system, you're just mid-godly?

Since i'm here

Would healing from serious damage to your concept/history/High-Godly whatever, but without feats of completely regenerating it from nothing, count as actual High-Godly?

Nekron2 said:
So, if you were erased (mind, body and soul) along with the rest of reality (universe/multiverse), then by the new system, you're just mid-godly?
Sorta. It'd be Regenerationn + the ability to survive in a void.

@HI3

I am not sure. Somebody should preferably ask Sera EX to come here to explain further.

Theglassman12 said:
what about if you were erased from time?
I think Sera who brought this point belived it was High-Godly; these erasure was analogoeus to being erased from history, in the past thread. I think it is High-Godly.

Hl3 or bust said:
Would healing from serious damage to your concept/history/High-Godly whatever, but without feats of completely regenerating it from nothing, count as actual High-Godly?
I feel like that'd be Mid-Godly, as it hasn't experienced complete destruction. Depends on what you regen from I suppose

This is in relation to the Anima: Beyond Fantasy revisions, where soul damage is common and the soul is equivalent to the concept. Basically, there's a form of damage, which is superior to another that is explicitly stated to harm the soul, that even Anima's magic, which functions through conceptual manipulation, cannot heal, but is not stated to destroy the soul/concept.

Welp, Sera already explained that conceptually no longer means anything (not by its own), as simply destroying both form and essence would means to be conceptually erased.

MrLuk2000 said:
So those who have True Godly regen, would they be revised to High Godly?
If they have True-Godly regen just for regenning from 1-A physical erasure, then they could be downgraded further.

Goddamn my comment got eaten... I hate this laptop, swear to God.

Meant to say, if we know damage is being conducted on this level that would require high or mid godly to regen from, damage to all levels of existence but not outright erasure of every shred, what is that?

@Antoniofer

Thank you for helping out.

@Lancelot

Fandom is glitchy and automatically times out after around 20 minutes. Always try to remember to copy the text in long posts before you submit them.

Also if you're typing something and Fandom suddenly swallows it, you can get back what you typed by clicking on the reply box again, then pressing "Crtl + Z". Then copy your text etc

What if the verse has 4 compotents that are all separated (body, mind, soul and spirit). Soul and Spirit are not the same as the Spirits are were among the most abstract and ethereal concepts of the world, inherently holding the most mysterious knowledge within them. They were the profound and mysterious totems, the distillation of the power of the heaven and earth. They had the strength to transcend the mortal to immortality, and possessed the knowledge of the fundamental essence of the universe.

At some stage the Soul and Spirit galvanize and become one granting them this Regenerationn. Characters for example can regenerate all of them separatly or all at the same time as the Spirit survives.

The Spirit is not something they are born with but acquire over time.

Also what if a person has more Spirits that let them do this, example: destroy the mind, body, soul and spirit 1 but since there is a spirit 2 then all can be regenerated? Just Low-Godly (not sure if Mid) with Reliant Immortality (Type 8) ?

If people do not born with the Spirit I would say is not needed to live, and erase it from others doesn't do much aside or negating their powers.

It's supposed to be "mind/soul" meaning either or. "Mind" in this case refers to a disembodied consciousnesses that's equivocal to a soul.

Those with True Godly should have their regen re-evaluated completely since they most likely don't even have high-godly (maybe mid-godly given their nature).

Back