• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the deletion of the Wilford Warfstache page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Warfstache's abilities even count as 'powers' because Mark (in 'Markiplier Explains') said Warfstache has no control over what he's doing?

The mere fact that he can use those powers is reason enough to add them, that he cannot control them is just a weakness.

This may sound stupid and wankish but hear me out.

It's definitely Time Travel because WoG states so, as well as it being heavily implied in the video itself (VCR rewinding, Wilford stating that time is a blur to him).

It is also Reality Warping because he completely restructures the scenario to how he saw fit.

Sera EX said:
I'm sick of these threads. How hard is it to make it crystal clear what is and what isn't allowed.
It's hard because the real world is complicated, and we're not going to have profiles for absolutely anything here. Those two things make it nigh impossible to make it "crystal clear" what is and isn't allowed.

@Sera Because we unfortunately have a lot of arbitrary things that arent allowed when things that are only very, very slightly different are which leads to conflicting opinions.

@Sera In all honesty, I don't think the thread even needed to be made. It was already explained in the Deletion thread why the page doesn't go against any actual rules of the site.

Andytrenom said:
@Sera In all honesty, I don't think the thread even needed to be made. It was already explained in the Deletion thread why the page doesn't go against any actual rules of the site.
Because certain staff members repeatedly deleted it even though the topic was settled numerous times, probably because they didn't bother looking into it.

As long as it isn't memetic nonsense (joke stuff), it should not matter if it originates from youtube. I'm sorry but I still think we can make those rules much are concrete so there is little to no confusion.

It wouldn't hurt if the staff members who deleted these profiles actually, you know, discussed stuff instead of deleting them on sight. I'm growing increasingly tired of perfectly fine profiles being deleted randomly because people don't want to discuss things like everyone else.

Sorry if that comes off as rude, but it's a been problem for years now and it seriously needs to be nipped in the bud sooner rather than later.

Okay. I will restore the Francis page then. It was brought up in the profile deletion thread, but since the consensus is to restore it, and it doesn't explicitly break our rules, it can probably remain.

For the record, as far as I recall, I only tend to delete profiles that are requested in the deletion thread, or that blatantly break our quality standards.

I do not think that you can merge several characters into one composite.

I meant for all his videos are composited for all the powers and feats he's shown, it's implied that it's actually only 1 person he plays, but he makes clones of himself as well.

No, I think that our current rules are fine.

It is not okay to create profiles for meme characters or real people who are just hosts of various talk shows, but it is fine to do so for actual fictional characters that they play, as long as they come from coherent storylines and aren't very obscure.

There's quite a few characters or versus on here that are not popular at all and I really don't see why it's an issue..

Obscurity isn't an issue, I mean 9/10 people didn't even know what Dies irae was prior to it's introduction to the vs debating scene and even then most people. couldn't even read it because it was untranslated prior to the English localization, yet we still featured profiles for it. As long as it's official and it's not memetic nonsense, it shouldn't matter.

I understand not making profiles for like...Terry Cruise on an Old Spice commercial because that's stretching, but I think as long as the youtube persona is an actual fictional character, and have legitimate feats where they can be tiered accordingly, it's projecting to not allow these characters for subjective opinions such as "obscurity" or "originates from youtube".

Not yet. I want to make sure the staff are all on the same page here. I don't want this resurfacing a month later.

No, The Critic can potentially scale to unlicensed parodies of characters from other media, and therefore isn't legitimate fiction

With very obscure, I am referring to Youtube videos with extremely low view counts.

I still do not think that we should feature people who simply host a show or review games and aren't fictional, much less from an actual story.

Antvasima said:
With very obscure, I am referring to Youtube videos with extremely low view counts.
I still do not think that we should feature people who simply host a show or review games and aren't fictional, much less from an actual story.
This I can agree with.

Antvasima said:

The Aweswomeverse does indeed have actual story and feats to go off of, and the Critic himself is a fictional character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back