• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the deletion of the Wilford Warfstache page

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This thread is made so that people don't continuosly go around in circles regarding the validity of the Wilford Warfstache page, cluttering the Profile Deletion Thread.

I myself have made the page so I'll attempt to justify it's existence in the OP itself:

• Youtube is capable of producing content which can be classified as fiction, and if it is of the belief it isn't then many independantly developed fiction should also be removed from the wiki altogether.
  • It isn't of the youtuber (Markiplier) himself, but a character potrayed by him.
  • It has been shown countless of times that Warfstache isn't some stage persona of Mark as he has a background and motivations for himself, with the fact that a fictional version of Mark existing in-universe that Warfstache has interacted with.
  • It isn't including all of the appearances of the character, instead a recent series of videos starting from the Who Killed Markiplier web series to a Warfstache-based epilogue of the series. These had a high budget ($100 mil.+) and a professional crew working behind them.
  • It isn't of a character from a comedy focused series of videos, but a series which deals with betrayal and existentialism on a serious note.
  • While one or two of the abilities listed on the profile seem wonky admittedly, the feats are consistent as the webseries progresses, with the source video of the majority of powers listed being embedded in the page itself.
I request anyone who wants to bring up the deletion of the page in any administrative thread to atleast acknowledge these point before posting as such.

Shouldn't be deleted. Claiming "well it's just a persona of the YouTuber" is ignoring the context and just sees that the YouTuber plays the character.

Also, thank you for making this thread btw. Needed to be moved off of there.

Mr. Bambu said:
Thank you for making this thread btw. Needed to be moved off of there.
The profile is in talks of being deleted for the 4th time, so I assume this is something worthy of a thread for itself

As someone who worked on the profile too, I might be a small bit biased, but yeah I utterly agree that it should remain.

Considering we were just talking about deleting all the "silly" profiles, I agree that some people are too strict.

I don't think we should delete this, and I think any profile should stay as long as it isn't horribly made or offensive, personally

Zark2099 said:
The profile is in talks of being deleted for the 4th time, so I assume this is something worthy of a thread for itself
Yeah, about that. Should we add a note or something to the profile, or lock the page? Cause it's obviously rather controversial

@Crimson Azoth

I don't think we should add a note. At best, it is unneeded since regular users wouldn't care much, and at worst, it may make the wiki look uncoordinated.

Locking may be unneeded as well since it isn't prone to vandalism in any way, and clarification will likely resolve these issues, which I'm doing now

Well, I suppose that the profile can probably stay then, but somebody should ask Matthew to comment here.

Is time travel something he actually does? I don't recall him doing it ever. Also the Acausality (Type 1) is a gag, similar to him escaping the chair. It is like "slasherporting" in a sense because he is shown moving when the camera isn't on him. What does Longevity come from? I have other questions but still. I need to watch the hour long "Markiplier explains" about it.

Also, Filthy Frank really isn't a profile anyone would care about in the least slightest, let alone Joji.

Also, I really doubt Joji would even bother suing us for making a Filthy Frank profile, and he's not really that much of a controversial character when it comes to power levels (He's only controversial when it comes to his own personal beliefs and behavior).

The problem is that it is a fictionalised Youtube personality. As such, it might inspire our members into creating regular Youtube personality pages.

Only one problem: Most of the YouTube personalities out there AFAIK don't have a properly-defined lore like that of Filthy Frank's.

The Filthy Frank profile was only based on the novel. It had that both in the page name and as a note on the page.

Also the page was actually around for quite a while and I don't think there were any more attempted Youtuber personality pages than normal.

Chuck Norris's profile was also based on the novel, not his real-life persona.

The page didn't feel like a book character, and referenced the youtube channel alot with its images and quotes. That being said, I think a rewrite might be able to fix some of the problems idk.

Also, since everyone is in agreement with the Warfstache page staying, can someone close the thread?

@HeadlessKramer

Time Travel came from what Wilford does by the end of his video by rewinding his first meeting with Abe, and acausality comes from that and the fact that Wilford consistently does the multiple versions thing many in his video to the detective (which doesn't make it a one-off gag)

Longevity comes from WoG stating Who Killed Markiplier? is from the Victorian era while Wilford "Motherloving" Warfstache is set far ahead in the 80s.

You might have make a CRT for changes idk.

@KLOL506 Wasn't the problem with the Chuck Norris novel the fact that it was a joke book filled with memes rather than a coherent story?

@Zark2099 Didn't it just have one image and one or two quotes? I guess the quote could be swapped out with one from the book but I don't know if that needs an entire rewrite.

I still really, really disagree with deleting a page just because its based on a character portrayed by a youtuber as you could easily delete almost every character on this wiki for being something similar (Live action characters being nothing but characters portrayed by actors, animated characters being voiced by actors, etc.)

Zark2099 said:
Time Travel came from what Wilford does by the end of his video by rewinding his first meeting with Abe

Head: That was Time Travel?

and acausality comes from that and the fact that Wilford consistently does the multiple versions thing many in his video to the detective (which doesn't make it a one-off gag)

Head: Multiple versions? We only ever see on Wilford at a time iirc. If it is more, wouldn't be duplication, not acausality.

Longevity comes from WoG stating Who Killed Markiplier? is from the Victorian era while Wilford "Motherloving" Warfstache is set far ahead in the 80s.

Head: Oh lol ok.

You might have make a CRT for changes idk.

No idea, but regardless, the profile only used information from the book for its powers and stats.

I completely agree with what Weekly said, and besides, there are more controversial profiles here than this one.

@Headless

• Yes, I think that was stated in the official explanation video to be Time Travel, and it is heavily implied to be so by some of the quotes, idk haven't seen it in a while.
  • Acausality comes from the Time Travelling ability as well though. Also, it isn't duplication since then Wil wouldn't disappear in front of Abe's eyes, and it doesn't make plot if it were to be so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back