• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Tatsumaki's Durability

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello everyone. I was wondering why Tatsumaki has "Likely City level" durability without her barriers? I do not recall anything explicitly stating her barriers amp her durability. At least not to such massive extents.

And if the reason was because she was getting beaten up by the Monster Association, she was quite explictly weakened by Psykos the whole time.

So unless there is another reason why she has that rating, I think her durability should just be plain "At least Large Island level+"

Any responses answering my question/input on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

No. Because Tatsu sucks.

But seriously. I have no idea what goes on in OPM post-Boros. If she was weakened, then I agree with Ryu.

What has she tanked to have her dura at Island level? Note we don't automatically assume dura is the same as their ap.

I'd imagine her dura is that high because it is a application of her power.And because it was following what I said above.

Well Tatsumaki is capable of fighting against people who's attacks are comparable in power to her own.

And nothing suggests she's this glass cannon who needs a barrier to endure anywhere remotely close to what she dishes out.

The only example of her being harmed by attacks much lesser than her AP is when she explicitly had much of her powers taken away and weakened.

.>Well Tatsumaki is capable of fighting against people who's attacks are comparable in power to her own.

but did she tank attacks? and without her barriers? If not then it doesn't really matter

>And nothing suggests she's this glass cannon who needs a barrier to endure anywhere remotely close to what she dishes out.

If she has no dura feats at that level then that would suggest the former over the latter. For example Nothing really suggests Yhwach is a glass cannon either, but his Ap is >>> his Dura due to lack of feats and the fact we don't assume AP=Dura.

Durability does not rely on tanking attacks. And it's never stated or implied she's using barriers against said people.

And yes AP isn't always scaled to dura, but when a character's AP comes from their striking strength or they are capable of fighting someone and survive attacks from people on their level it is. The latter being true for Tatsumaki.

>And yes AP isn't always scaled to dura, but when a character's AP comes from their striking strength or they are capable of fighting someone and survive attacks from people on their level. The former being true for Tatsumaki.

I'd like to see proof of this for Tatsu

WoG states that if she were at full power she could defeat Ogon Seishi, and fight on par with ????% Mob. Both of which have comparable power to her.

But if that isn't good enough. Then she should get "Unknown" durability or "Unknown without barriers" since her getting harmed by Monster Association isn't a legitamate showing of her durability, as she was explicitly weakened and stripped of most of her power.

Tatsumaki had to tank attacks without her barrier after Psykos sneak attacked her. Since every Dragon got upgraded to Mountain level, she should have Mountain level durability without barriers.

@Spartan not every Dragon got upgraded to Mountain level. Just the especially powerful ones.

But do you think it's better to have her dura without barriers be Unknown or Mountain level Obviously you know a lot about OPM and I'd take what you have to say into consideration.

I just thought if we're going to say she needs these barriers to have High 6-C dura, without should be Unknown considering one of her only showings was while weakened. But I guess Mountain due to surviving attacks from Psykos' sneak attack could work too.

Back