• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon1511

He/Him
Because I am insane and have too much free time I'm revamping all the S Class Heroes profiles on the wiki as a lot of them are old and doody crapola.

So let's begin with Tatsumaki's profile she is after all one of the most powerful and recognizable faces of the verse

Here is her profile as it is right now:

Revamp:

The revamped version includes a tabber for her p&a section, extended ability explanations, a lot of scans and references, added her MA Arc feats to her "Feats" section and a gallery with some pictures.

Also I changed her picture to a manga render because the Road to Hero one just looks soulless

Relevant changes:
Greatly expanded the intelligence section and upgraded her from Gifted to Genius (one could argue Extraordinary Genius tbh) the wording of this section should be discussed here.

Anyway big thanks to Kachon for helping me out with the tabbers and intelligence stuff

I'm not seeing anything for Extraordinary Genius and even Genius is doing a lot of stretching unless you specifically only mean Combat Intelligence.
Fair enough I suppose, Genius will do then.

Though reducing it to only combat intelligence given the nature of her powers and how precise her multi-tasking with them is seems like an unfair evaluation.

I mean her powers are thought based and her brain has to be keeping up with all those different signals at the same time

I mean her powers are thought based and her brain has to be keeping up with all those different signals at the same time
Those are justifications for a genius rating imo. Mult-tasking with her powers is a Gifted thing but Genius in raw intelligence is like Light or some insane degree of planning like Batman or Aizen. What she did is impressive but it wouldn't qualify for Extraordinary Genius and would more or less only apply for combat intelligence.

Standard intelligence would be like Child/Wild Emperor or Metal Knight

Wasn’t there a CRT about how Pain Tolerance is not an actual ability and how it should instead be placed in the Stamina section
It should probably be replaced with Resistance to Pain, or Supernatural Willpower, depending on the feats shown.

I personally don't mind having Pain Tolerance listed on the ability section, but my opinion doesn't hold much weight.

Wasn’t there a CRT about how Pain Tolerance is not an actual ability and how it should instead be placed in the Stamina section
Resistance to Pain Manipulation means the character doesn't feel the same level of pain as they should. Having a high pain tolerance is stamina and can be Supernatural Willpower depending on how severe the pain is suppose to be.

Ignoring pain or tolerating it doesn't mean they feel less pain than normal, as that is what being resistant means, they just aren't letting it get to them.

Also, in case anyone ask, two wrongs don't make a right. Just because you see it on another profile doesn't make it okay. We're suppose to be getting rid of that.

Basically, it's not Resistance to Pain Manipulation like what's being suggested here.

Looking at the stuff that justifies her having Pain Tolerance, it looks nothing remotely close to Supernatural Willpower, so it should probably be put in the stamina section.

We usually don't separate combat intelligence from overall intelligence, unless it's a Goku situation

Eh, we do for quite a few lads. No reason not to here, she'd just have two ratings, an "academic" one and a combat one. It isn't like she can only have one or the other, she'd get both.
Hmmmm is using a manga image for the main picture really the right choice here? Cause afaik wiki prefers colored or anime images usually
We prefer whatever doesn't look like ass and is canon. Technically speaking she is a manga profile so she should have a manga one but there's 100% a render of colored murata art of her so that's probably better to use

We usually don't separate combat intelligence from overall intelligence, unless it's a Goku situation
We usually only do it if one is vastly superior to the other. Like with Goku.

With Tornado it's either just Gifted or "Gifted/Genius in Combat Intelligence". I don't think she would get a flat Genius rating.

Looking at the stuff that justifies her having Pain Tolerance, it looks nothing remotely close to Supernatural Willpower, so it should probably be put in the stamina section.
She should have Supernatural Willpower. She was fighting for so long that she was gushing blood everywhere, got both of her hands stabbed and then electrocuted to the point smoke/vapor was comming out of her body, and getting her body completely wrecked by Apollo

It should probably be replaced with Resistance to Pain, or Supernatural Willpower, depending on the feats shown.
High pain tolerance is someone who feels pain (for example from attacks like punches, swords, burns, etc.) but is not very affected by it.

resisting pain manipulation, I think it would be more for something "supernatural" like being little or unaffected by something like Harry Potter's Cruciatus spell, which simply induces pain in you.

She should have Supernatural Willpower. She was fighting for so long that she was gushing blood everywhere, got both of her hands stabbed and then electrocuted to the point smoke/vapor was comming out of her body, and getting her body completely wrecked by Apollo
Is there a reason why this wasn't added to the Pain Tolerance justifications?

Anyway "pain tolerance" is not just another thing for P&A.

And I'm pretty sure that simply not being bothered by something that would normally make you scream in pain doesn't make you "resistant to pain manipulation"

For example, saying that tatsumaki would be resistant to cruciatus.

Also, more than half or 80% of the wiki would have resistance to pain manipulation, considering what battles are like in comics and manga.

Does anyone have scans for this?

It's Gifted or Genius solely for combat intelligence. She doesn't have the raw intelligence feats for that rating.
I guess I'll roll with just Gifted then
Hmmmm is using a manga image for the main picture really the right choice here? Cause afaik wiki prefers colored or anime images usually
The Road to Hero render looks bland and we don't have a colored by Murata Tatsumaki full body render to use
I wasn't aware of this, I'll correct it then.

Eh? I guess, I just removed Pain Manip resistance if that's not a thing anymore and moved her feats to the stamina section

If the other mods are good with it, I can unlock it so you can make the changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back