• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Selene Enlarging the Moon

For some reason it appears this feat is being avoided like a plague within the wiki despite being mentioned so many times on Discord and some of you guys scaling her to this feat outside wiki

We have a calc for this which puts the feat at Large Planet level in case Selene directly made the Moon larger instead of moving it closer. The moon becoming bigger is a direct consequence of Selene's increase in magic power (I mean she is the Moon God Dragon so her magic should effect the Moon) and this along with her power leaking across dimensions to effect Earthland are meant to portray the scale of Selene's power. So appropriate magic power should be involved for the Moon to change in it's size, the work involved in the process of changing it's size includes the change in GBE of the Moon from it's initial to final state. flashback to several world destruction hype statements in 100yq

Also, even after Selene left the world of Elentir the Moon's size remained as is in the sky and it didn't change. The next day it's morning and the arc ended so it's fair to assume Elentir's moon is permanently going to remain that large.

So what's the problem with this thing?
1. The possibility that the Moon moved closer instead of becoming larger
2. Size Manipulation =/= AP and doesn't require corresponding magic power
3. It's all just Fake
4. Inconsistent with the series power-scaling / Unsupported
5. Something else (mention it)

I would love to see 5-B Fairy Tail. Taking this calc into count, It would consistent with the world destroying statements, such as Phoenix's case, or Natsu's flames being able to burnt the entire world/aka planet.

The size change is a result of the increase in her magic power, it didn't happen out of nowhere. What's wrong with scaling the magic power involved to the change in GBE of the Moon from it's initial state to the final state considering there's a change involved regarding energy of the system? Else we'd be entirely ignoring an extremely significant feat that's meant to be a portrayal of her power.

Isn’t this the same case as the one Bowl Cut Green haired chick? Aka hax

Edit: the reason we are waiting is because it isn’t explay enough to give it a concrete AP rating

Higher magic power in FT= Higher AP, and is proven to be like that. One reason is when a Mage senses a stronger one, then they are amazed by the amount of power they have, the same as DB, when people get amazed/scared by a Higher Ki/Battle power than theirs.

It’s not always 1 to 1, or Zeref would be High 3-A physically.
Zeref is a asolated case, in which we have thousands of other cases in which Magic=AP.

Take Etherion as another example, it's High 6-A, thanks to the amount of energy AKA magic that is stored inside.

It works like this in the verse and you can't change it.

Hax in FT is done with magic
This isn't like time-stop or soul manipulation or concept manipulation whose energies can't be properly quantified.

The said ability is a "Hax" because it bypasses conventional durability or gives an unfair advantage in a fight.

It doesn't mean the character doesn't have to expend whatever energy in order to perform a feat with that Hax ability. This should especially be considered when the feat is done to flex their magic power. Brandish manipulating the islands size was for her to portray how strong the Spriggans are, there's no reason why we shouldn't quantify that feat when there's a method to do it.

Even in Selene's case it's due to increase in magic power and meant to portray her power

If you're talking about Neo-eclipse it isn't a usual spell.

He is fusing the Fairy Heart (which is an infinite source) and the space between time (it should be called concept and it is the very concept of time correcting itself according to Anna) to do it. The spell may very well involve universal or whatever energies (not saying it does but even if it does) and it still wouldn't scale to Zeref

Selene has no supporting feats for Large Planet either?
But hers is not contradicted, and we have world busting statements in the ARC, such as Natsu's flames being able to Burn the whole world, which in this context would be refering to the Planet.

And again, you can't change the fact that in most cases AP=Magic is portrayed, and I already named you a few examples.

Also, Nerd1435 said very good arguments suporting this, he answered you above, read them.

Most avoid it mainly cause they want more info on the feat
It just kinda happen without any further clarification on what she's doing with it
She's a God tier which is fine but some just want a bit more info to solidify it

I'm just addressing the most controversial scenario where it's made bigger. It's best if it can be argued the Moon got closer

such as Natsu's flames being able to Burn the whole world, which in this context would be refering to the Planet.
That’s surface level destruction off of the statement at best.

Anyhow I’m gonna wait for the man Mitch to comment.

Most avoid it mainly cause they want more info on the feat
It just kinda happen without any further clarification on what she's doing with it
She's a God tier which is fine but some just want a bit more info to solidify it
We most likely won't be getting any more information on this feat.

The moon remained big in the sky the last time we saw it even after she left the world and the arc ended.

The reason I made this now is also because the arc ended already.

Whether it's brought closer or Size manipulation scaling to AP aside due to vagueness (regarding nature of the feat), do any of you believe what's on the sky isn't the real Moon?
We've seen something similar before just on a much smaller moon back in Edolas and it was stated and shown to be coming closer, not getting any bigger.
Btw I don't think this is a "smaller moon" or a fake moon, we know she can open portals to other dimensions (and that she is a Dragon that travels through space n time) and that her BFR ability relies on making the Moon shines extremely bright light.
It's likely her opening a portal to Elentir's Moon to use her AOE BFR spell. We also at least know Elentir moon is real because it's already present before Selene arrived there and she stayed there to indulge in its beauty.

I did not say anyone on this thread said it's fake.

Fairy Tail wiki wrote Selene creates a fake moon and night-sky. Several people also doubted whether she really did it to the Moon or if it's illusion sort of thing because they've seen her create a "fake moon" before.

Its pointless arguing where the feat scales if there's a significant possibility that the entire thing is fake. So wanted to get your opinions regarding it first.

I mean, if the feat itself is so vague that people are questioning whether or not it was even a real moon... Why would this be accepted?

I haven't personally read Fairy Tail nor do I care about the outcome of this CRT, but it just seems weird to be pushing for 5-B for something that is clearly rather vague.

I mean, if the feat itself is so vague that people are questioning whether or not it was even a real moon... Why would this be accepted?

I haven't personally read Fairy Tail nor do I care about the outcome of this CRT, but it just seems weird to be pushing for 5-B for something that is clearly rather vague.
It is a real Moon. The entire reason Selene stayed in that world is to indulge in the Moon.

Vagueness isn't regarding whether or not the Moon is real, it is regarding whether she moved it closer or made it larger.

Even after Selene left the world, the enlargened Moon remained as is in the sky.

The only reason some people think it could be fake is because of what she did in Elentir, her visualizing night-sky and the Moon during day time. But later on we got to know her BFR spell directly relied on making the Elentir moon shine bright light and that she can open portals to dimensions, can use space-time magic.
With that knowledge in mind saying she created a fake moon/night-sky is way too reachy rather than her opening a portal to Elentir's moon in order to cast her BFR spell.

Unless it’s Zeref ofc.

We treat a similar feat to this as hax so I’m skeptical.
Brandish's magic itself is hax-based, that isn't the case with Selene. In fact, the moon changing size was directly a result of Selene getting serious, as stated by the Moonlit Beauty Gods.

Nah, the Moon changing is a consequence of Selene's Magic power, so It should scale to her physicals too. And the second calc is accurate and puts her at large planet.
Nope. This is literally the same as with Brandish. But going by that logic let’s say I was pumping a tire and said tire got bigger and was able to crush something, does that mean the pump should scale to anything as well? No

Why are we even assuming Selene made the moon bigger anyways? We've seen something similar before just on a much smaller moon back in Edolas and it was stated and shown to be coming closer, not getting any bigger.
These are two different things. Selene has a specific ability that lets her appear to bring the moon closer for some BFR and then there's her passive ability to make the moon larger when she gets serious.

Nope. This is literally the same as with Brandish. But going by that logic let’s say I was pumping a tire and said tire got bigger and was able to crush something, does that mean the pump should scale to anything as well? No
Very weird analogy that I'm not really sure even is fitting, plus Selene is a different case from Brandish. None of her abilities are hax based, while Brandish's magic itself is hax based.

Back