• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Selene Enlarging the Moon

If it increased in size without any change in mass it would have an average density of like 0.003g/cc. The material it is made of wouldn't even be the same anymore or even an intact solid much less having craters on it's surface.

From the earth the Moon looks like a solid object wiith craters that's been proportionally increased in size just like Brandish's Command-T increasing something while maintaining proportions and density.

Last edited:
I just want to reiterate it again that the vagueness pointed out here should be regarding whether she made the Moon come closer or made it bigger.

Not whether it's the real Moon, not whether she effected the real Moon. Unless someone thinks that part is vague too?

As long as it's agreed what she effected and did are real, this feat would be something real and tangible despite the vagueness of what exactly it is.

Given that it's a tangible feat my argument is that enlargement of the Moon can be scaled to AP in case it really has been directly made bigger.

@DemonGodMitchAubin you did say you think the feat itself is definitely something, but do you still feel the same?

You can. Her changing the Moon's size is associated with change in gravitatational binding energy of the Moon. (well it's associated with other factors like GPE of interaction with earth too but I'm saying this just to say there is a difference in energy between initial and final states of the system)
It would have excess energy compared to initial state, it's gotta be supplied from somewhere.

And we know Moon getting bigger is the result of Selene's increase in magic power and her magic power is what made it possible. It was also a means used to portray her power.

Unless you can explain why it's not the case

I'm inconclusive.

I would LOVE a 5-B top tier level for FT, don't get me wrong, but if the moon really was increased in size in a way that would scale to AP (according to this website, that is), it would've probably had to exhibit realistic gravitational effects and whatnot.

Otherwise it's just like Brandish (who IMO SHOULD scale to her island growing and shrinking feats but I won't challenge this website's verdict).

Also it is kind of an outlier since no God Tier has anything comparable other than probably-hyperbolic statements.

@Arc7Kuroi
No reason why it won't be the case unless it's ignoring energy conservation which would be a wacky thing to consider unless implied/shown otherwise.

This isn't like time-stop or soul manipulation or concept manipulation whose energies can't be properly quantified.

The said ability is a "Hax" because it bypasses conventional durability or gives an unfair advantage in a fight.

It doesn't mean the character doesn't have to expend whatever energy in order to perform a feat with that Hax ability. This should especially be considered when the feat is done to flex their magic power. Brandish manipulating the islands size was for her to portray how strong the Spriggans are, there's no reason why we shouldn't quantify that feat when there's a method to do it.

Even in Selene's case it's due to increase in magic power and meant to portray her power
I do think Brandish should scale too. But didn't bother about it in her case.

As for the outlier part 5A human Selene/base Suzaku does seem reachy to me and unsupported by stuff aside from this

Well altho her magic power is recognized to be on the level of dragon god even in human form by Merc and its still on the level of a God-Tier

I said it seems reachy but I don't know about any inconsistencies that arise from this since only the God-Tiers are who scale to this

Ok, if Selene's moon feat counts, then so does Brandish's 6-C Island feat. I see little difference between their circumstances.

Not going to even get started on Universe One and Brandish making Gajeel mountain-sized

Ok, if Selene's moon feat counts, then so does Brandish's 6-C Island feat. I see little difference between their circumstances.

Not going to even get started on Universe One and Brandish making Gajeel mountain-sized
Again, one's magic is based around size manipulation, the other just had it as a side effect. Not the same thing.

Also, I think it was agreed that we'd wait for future chapters.

Why power to the 3rd for that calc
You have the ratio just scale up the GBE
You don't need to do anything else. That'll just inflate it

Anyways:
There should be enough narrative implication that what happened is a moon size increase:
0081-021.png

The context of the feat is unknown, the only statement is from Lucy taking a guess at what her power is

So I say we just wait

Why power to the 3rd for that calc
You have the ratio just scale up the GBE
You don't need to do anything else. That'll just inflate it

Anyways:
There should be enough narrative implication that what happened is a moon size increase:
0081-021.png
Yeah wait we really had a whole ass deliberation on this topic based on a character who knows nothing about how Selene's power works taking a guess, smh.

It also seems like too much of an outlier right now (at least for me).

I mean, a moon-level feat would be fine since the God Tiers aren't that far from it, but planet level is too high without some more feats.

It also seems like too much of an outlier right now (at least for me).

I mean, a moon-level feat would be fine since the God Tiers aren't that far from it, but planet level is too high without some more feats.
Not sure about that, there’s world-destroying statements flying around like confetti so it would be consistent.

Anyways, let’s leave this for now and come back to it later when we have more info.

curious, what world destroying statements
1. Acnologia being feared to be able to destroy the world (though this one was already deemed as not being 5-B)
2. Natsu being stated by both Ignia and Aldoron to have the potential to burn the world with his power.

I agree we should wait but i seriously doubt selene enlarging the moon will be explained.

Most likely she will do something else with the moon. Maybe crash it or something

Well technically Mimi (one of the Moonlit beauty gods) implied it got bigger by saying "Hugeness is justice" but then again it could also be referring to how the Moon looks way bigger in the sky. Whether it be by actually getting bigger or by moving closer or something

You’re really just trying to force it now aren’t you?

And this is relevant how?
It's just to bother Mitch, we've been waging a war 'bout Etherion on discord for a while now. Don't pay attention to that lol.

e.g: Mitch keeps saying the country getting blasted is not Fiore, so I made that.
Fiore_is_fucked_up.png

e.g

Back