• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Notorious B.I.G.

Also, I doubt it's mid-godly, since there are souls in JoJo, and also afterlife, so his soul must go somewhere and still exists. The highest regen he gets are low-godly.

From what I remember, when the stand user dies, his stand is completely erased from existence, either Low or Mid Godly would be fine

I'd advise to contact jojo's knowledgeable members

The Mid-Godly used to be the case, but it was decided that wasn't the case as it was said to be a specific feature of the stand to activate after the users death.

Technically Stands in Jojo are both souls of the user and their own being since some stands can be sentient for example everyone's favourite confusing stand Dragon's Dream

Torlikoff said:
The Mid-Godly used to be the case, but it was decided that wasn't the case as it was said to be a specific feature of the stand to activate after the users death.
Yes, but Notorious B.I.G.'s current Regenerationn is only High-Mid, which is healing from being cut to many pieces, while from those two pages, after Carne died, the stand disappeared, which indicates somewhere between Mid-High, to Low-Godly.

I don't think it's Mid-Godly, because an afterlife has been shown in JoJo, and since a stand is the soul of the user, the mind must still exist after death.

I do not believe B.I.G. was entirely destroyed. For him to have even Low-Godly, that would mean he is able to survive atomization... which I don't think he ever did. I am inclined to say leave him at what he is and maybe even upgrade him to Low-High Regenerationn.

Him coming back into existance is more resurrection than anything.

Presumably, they are made out of a fundemental structure or force of some kind. They function in similar regards to humanoids and objects though, they must have a smallest unit so to speak. I don't know if it is atoms persay, but I highly suspect it is something similar.

All speculation though. For practical purposes atomization will work.

Notorious BIG activates at death so... No Mid-godly regen for it, or even low-godly.

Vizorus69 said:
Yes, but after Carne's death, the stand disappear before appearing again later.
That, unless there is an explanation (which I dont remember), its Notorious' activation. Assuming it is regen is speculation.

There are two ways to go about this. The stand's page specifies that it turns on after the death of its user specifically.

1. Noto didn't die after Carne did but only activated its special ability and regen'd after he died. This is supported by the verse's mechanics as Anubis and Milagro Man are stands that can function without users/even when their user is dead. This would give Noto low godly as it is seen getting destroyed when Carne dies but still comes back later despite its whole body being gone. This would not give Anubis or Milagro Man low godly because they did not get destroyed by the loss of their user and remained intact. They were only used as examples of Stands without owners and to prove that it is possible that Noto's mind stayed around and didn't regen until Carnes grudge went into effect.

2.Noto died when its owner died and he gets ressurection.

I vote for the first one.

In the first option, it would actually be mid godly regen because Noto doesn't be have a soul and would be coming back from his mind.

DragonEmperor23 said:
In the first option, it would actually be mid godly regen because Noto doesn't be have a soul and would be coming back from his mind.
Coming back from a mind is still Low godly.

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after being completely erased from existence, including mind, body, and soul.

I did not see the mind part, it's just low godly then my b.

More like, its the grudge that keep BIG going. We know that stands are essentially run on their users will power, and are a part of their soul or spiritual energy. Its rather obvious that the user's soul isn't around anymore, and its the grudge that keeps the stand on. Maybe the grudge can be thought of as the stand in or source of the will power that keeps the stand going, but since you can't kill the user to get rid of the stand like you could with a normal one, it would be essentially immortal

And the grudge that kept him alive also give him the ability to regenerate from the grudge, which in this case can be said to be the mind, so it's Low-Godly.

Healing from only the mind.

Vizorus69 said:
And the grudge that kept him alive also give him the ability to regenerate from the grudge, which in this case can be said to be the mind, so it's Low-Godly.
Healing from only the mind.
Yup

Type 8 based on a remnent of the mind

Isn't it more speculation to say the stand died when canonically no stands have died? Even when Kira was dead and only had a soul, he still had Killer Queen. Same thing with Kira's dad.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Isn't it more speculation to say the stand died when canonically no stands have died? Even when Kira was dead and only had a soul, he still had Killer Queen. Same thing with Kira's dad.
Using the rules of normal stands with a stand that activates at the user's dead is not wise.

DragonEmperor23 said:
The stand activates at the users death, that is correct. Noto is what I'm saying has low godly not Carne.
Noto doesnt regen beyond what we saw it doing inside the airplane. You cant use Noto appearing and disappearing as irrefutable fact that it regenerated because Noto is not a normal stand.

Back