• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Lord Boros

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I noticed that Lord Boros is ranked as "At least Multi-Continent level, likely Planet level" because the guidebook stated he could destroy Earth.

However a very similar case happened with Cell who was stated by a guidebook to be able to destroy the Solar System, and he got a plain definitive Solar System level. With that in mind why isn't Boros rated as just 5-B?

Well Cell's feat is more straightforward. It's just straight busting in all versions. While Boros' depends on translation.

Outside of that they are both pure statement, so they aren't much less legit than the other. So I think it's okay there.

Well like said in chat there is also how higher canon material says an entirely different statement, and we have actual calcs to support the other statement. So this isn't entirely like Cell's case.

The only calc putting him at multi-continent are one for Saitama overpowering the attack and dissipating clouds and another one that only takes into account the surface destroying statement.

The cloud dispersement is still an actual feat that justifies and substantiates the High 6-A statement, which is more than what the 5-B statement has to offer.

If Boros said he was Planet level in all media or in main canon, I am pretty sure he'd be straight up 5-B (which I'd agree with doing)

But the fact that higher canon says otherwise and we have a feat that backs up the higher canon's statement is what gives the "At least High 6-A, likely 5-B" which in my opinion is a rather fair rating.

The cloud dismemberment isn't directly from Boros' attack though, and if higher canon confirms otherwise why is it counted in the first place?

The cloud dispersement was the result of Saitama cancelling out Boros's attack however. And what eventually killed him.

And we have a Multi-Continent level feat to support a Multi-Continent statement. High 6-A is well substantiated within the manga. Moreso than 5-B is within the anime.

The reason we have a "likely 5-B" despite higher canon saying High 6-A is because while the anime and guidebook aren't necessarily the same level as manga, they still hold some relevance/canon and were contributed on by ONE and Murata.

Both the High 6-A lowball and 5-B highball have considerable things to support them, hence I think including both of them on is a pretty fair and reasonable assessment.

I always thought the "At least Multi Continent, likely Planet" was because Boros could only Planet Bust with his final/ultimate attack.

As I said in chat earlier, the rating we have is fine.

Saitama is High 6-A by feats, and he's stronger than Boros. So Boros by feats can't be above High 6-A, via feats. 5-B Saitama is already pushing it considering he seemed to use a significant effort on of his power to perform that cloud split.

The gap between High 6-A and 5-B is like ~2000 times. If Saitama was truly 5-B the cloud would moved zipped away from Earth is like 1 second.

"At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B, likely far higher"

That is my final rating.

Edit: Also, Boros's feat and Planet level are 6700+ times each other. So 5-B is still miles away.

I also think that it seems fine as it is.

I don't think there's any problem in that ranking since both fan and official translations always hover boros' final attack around planet surface to whole planet, not to mention he is already using more than his full power just to do that.

tl;dr

Boros' statement depends on translation and such, Cell's statement is repeated in every source and the encyclopedia straight up just says he can do it IIRC. And in one of the games he actually does bust the Solar System.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Not so sure about using other form of non-cannon media for a canon feat but eh.
I think the point of that was less that "Oh he did it in the game so it's legit" and more "Literally everyone who has worked on DB agrees Cell can do this".

Well not only did we in depth discussion on Saitama and Boros's stats in other threads with the same conclusion, but here 6 staff members including a bureacrat and 4 regular members have agreed upon the stats staying as they are with just 1 in favor of the change, so I believe this is concluded.

@Xcano If you and Saikou wish to continue the Cell discussion elsewhere that is fine, but the main subject here is over and it's probably best not to derail this concluded thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back