• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red Vs Blue Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
So i was just looking through the RvB pages and...im confused by a few things:

1. Why exactly are they scaled to the piercing power of their bullets? Never have the characters been able to actively be undamaged by their bullets, on the contrary theyve been severely injured by them multiple times throughout the entire series, with even training rounds that are meant to simulate the feeling of a gunshot wound being stated to 'hurt like hell' and physically incapacitate those it hits.

2. City Block level is a MASSIVE outlier given that there isnt a single feat above 9-B/9-A throughout the series that didnt require either an amp or severely injure the character who tanked it as a result.

It would probably be a good idea to get a compilation of feats for the verse but everyone being 8-B for this is inaccurate.

For point one, that may as well be moot, they tank the piercing energy. That said, I do agree 8-B is probably an outlier for the Freelancers.

@Bambu They dont tank the piercing energy, they tank the general energy. If they had 8-B durability via tanking the piercing energy that means their skin is hard enough that bullets with 8-B piercing power cannot penetrate it.

"That said, I do agree 8-B is probably an outlier for the Freelancers. "

Well, this is embarrasing. I post a calc for Red vs Blue that places them higher in 8-B only to find that a revision thread is already going on. Also, there is a feat from Sharkface, who survives a massive skyscraper falling on top of him, albiet, if I recall, he mentions that it took years of physical therapy to get back on his feet.

That was a good find, Poiesis. I've advised a slight revision to your calc but after that it looks fine.

Seems 8-B was destined to stay.

I did remember the Freckles thing but I'm unsure if it would scale to other characters. If it does, it'd be pretty massive downscaling.

Right. But the other stuff is 100% legitimate.

Having a skyscraper collapsing on you doesnt make you 8-B, especially when it severely injures you to the point that you need years to recover

That's true, but it IS a supporting feat when you have 8-B piercing energy and 8-B explosions on you. The skyscraper thing could be calc'd (painfully calc'd, mind you) but it would yield high into Tier 8, methinks.

The explosions, if point blank, don't require the inverse square law. Additionally, I think you're thinking of intensity, not inverse square.

Look at Poiesis' blog. Also that is Intensity of an explosion, yes. For some reason got cubic and inverse square mixed up, I just woke up a bit ago so just a tad groggy.

WeeklyBattles said:
Which blog?
Literally the most recent one. Man has three, two of which were for the Bloodborne revision.

Yeah there's a lot of times where they are killed by bullets but there are other times when they are completely and utterly fine.

For the sake of humor there's a lot of inconsistencies. Also Monty's rule of cool in play again......

The times where theyre completely fine should be taken as PIS as the number of times theyve been significantly injured as well as harmed by things far below 8-B far outweighs them

I mean seriously Donut survives a grenade that was literally attached to the side of his head. Later he's completely fine

@Poesis That is a massive outlier that is directly contradicted by the same characters being harmed by 9-B bullets multiple times

So it is an outlier (assuming we ignore casual feats earlier and other characters in serious fights being wounded by skyscrapers collapsing and surviving attacks from Freckles)

Like even being severely wounded by high-end 8-B attacks is still 8-B, just massively downscaled.

Nico-v11 said:
Also who can forget Maine getting shot 9 times in the throat.
Good feat, but not 8-B.

@Nico A feat that left him severely and permanently injured and that wouldnt have harmed him if he had the durability to resist 8-B piercing power

WeeklyBattles said:
@Nico A feat that left him severely and permanently injured and that wouldnt have harmed him if he had the durability to resist 8-B piercing power
He got up literally right after and kept fighting. The fact that he resisted 9 8-B bullets and still kept up means something.

@Nico the bullets arent 8-B, theyre 9-B with 8-B piercing power. For the twentieth time, in order for us to take the 8-B piercing power as general durability, they would have to show that the bullets are physically incapable of piercing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back