• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red Vs Blue Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rusty So far no, the only feat that is higher would be Freckles' stomp attack but he's immensely above the rest of the cast and shouldnt scale to anyone

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea of using piercing energy when the bullets clearly pierce either.

And I don't even know why I joined this discussion, lol. Guess I'll stick around and see if there are more arguments on either side.

@TheRustyOne I'd already responded to a comment on the calc asking about the same thing. If you want an answer to your question, go there. Furthermore, I don't see how Tex wanting them alive would have changed anything since, last I checked, you can't control how lethal an explosion is, especially with the proximity they were in.

Also, the cast should scale to Freckles since they survived attacks from him.

You have to prove that Tex's explosions were the same as the one she used against Wash.

You can't just say they're the same, you don't even know if she used the same type of bomb, we don't know anything about them.

Cause there's literally nothing to suggest they are different?

Regardless, I really can't bring myself to care anymore. If I'd known that doing this would have been this much of a hassle, I wouldn't have bothered. Now all I've done is made myself anxious through the last two days for no reason. If RvB is going to get downgraded, fine. I'm really no longer in the mood.

The Burden of Proof falls on you to prove that those bombs are the same. There's no reason to assume they're the same other than you saying they should be the same.

Those bombs do not cause the same amount of damage, nor were they the same size, and Tex wasn't even trying to kill them with it.

I apologize if I've made you anxious, that wasn't my intent.

Well, one shared characteristic is that they show clear signs of needing to be remotely activated/detonated as they don't do so via proximity or contact with another factor being that Tex only ever used a detonator to do the same with the rest.

Also, there's no need to apologize. It's just a problem I can't help. I always find I doubt myself on my opinions, even ones I hold strongly and that there hasn't exacly been anything for me that's helped me with self-confidence, at least with being social. That combined with the fact that I'm an Aspie (Asperger's Syndrome) and I find I'm not a person suited for debate.

Yes, but Tex remotely detonate every bomb she has on the field.

https://youtu.be/ZgweBtQLL5g?t=42

Here she uses it to activate a bunch of small bombs to lift a mini gun she had underground. Clearly those bombs weren't the same one's used to destroy the cliff.

Also you see her drop the remote as well, which means she has multiple detonators.

They're used at the same time, through the same method, to the same purpose

We have no reason to say they aren't the same thing aside from wanting to be right about no 8-B

Matthew Schroeder said:
IF 8-B kills the characters consistently and they are threatened by 9-B bullets they shouldn't be 8-B.
The skyscraper feat I doubt would be so low as 8-B, but yes, it did hospitalize the respective target. That said...

Characters have shrugged off 8-B before. Tex's explosions, Freckles' stomp, and certain armors negging piercing energy are all 8-B (or higher, depending on how we deal with Freckles) and while they are severe threats, the threats the RVB crew can survive are consistently 8-B or higher.

They aren't used at the same time, the bombs Wash took were at the start of the fight. It was before Tex introduced herself to them, the 8-B ones were made to destroy a cliff to crush them.

They weren't used at the same time, nor the same method, nor for the same purpose. She even used different detonators.

@Bambu The character whose armor shrugged off the bullets was later shot to death through said armor by the same bullets from the same kind of gun

Freckles doesnt scale to anyone

Rusty already explained Tex's explosions and no one shrugged them off, on the contrary Wash was nearly killed

The only thing that is consistent is them not being 8-B

Sorry for the necro, and I hear this thread was 2 months old, so I made a new one. I will close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back