• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reboot Vergil vs Trafalgar Law

Has Law fought against someone who uses teleportation a lot throughout majority of the fight as well as summon a doppelgänger that can work in sync together on top of spatial cut?

Law telaports a lot within his Room. It also let's him swap places with his opponents which he abuses often, with Smoker, Doffy etc. He can also redirect things, take organs out without contact and can body switch.

His organ take requires him to do some actual damage to said organ. Also Vergil can force teleport Law right onto him or teleport right at him with his homing shots

What? That's never stated. Law simply makes the heart appear in his hands. He doesn't need to deal any damage to the opponent to do so. And he can teleport out of the way, or Telaport Vergil in front of him. He can also reflect his attacks away or back at him.

Yeah, he makes it appear inside a cube that he would need to puncture for the organ to die.

Has he reflected attacks that aren't projectiles and melee strikes?

Oh that's what you meant. The way you worded made me think you said he needs to damage you to take the organ out of the body. But yes, he needs to crush the organ which is something he can do with ease.

In most cases no. But in this case that's certainly something he'd be able to do. While inside Room Law is in control of the space within his room. Meaning he's the one in control of the space within his room that they're fighting in. Vergil doesn't manipulate or control space, he can also weaponize it with Yamato. Unlike Law who'll be in full control of the space right from the start. Law's spatial cutting is much more versatile than Yamato's.

As for the organ crush. Dante was shown in a flashback tearing out his chest to see his heart to see if he was human. and the fact that he's emo so it might be a hard counter to the organ crush.

He has some control over space considering that his homing blades have spatial properties like force teleporting things to go to places that he wants them to go.

It looks like a good discusion is going on.

I'll list Law's abilities that he uses in-character:

• Mess: Just a touch in the chest and he can take the opponent's heart in a cube. The one time this was shown on screen his target (Smoker) was instantly knocked out.
  • Shambles: Inside the Room he can swap places with the opponent or with any object around. Think of this like Substitution Jutsu from Naruto. He use this to trick the opponent or to avoid attacks. It works like teleportation.
  • Spatial Cut: any cut made inside the Room ignores conventional durability and negates regen. Mess works like this aswell (Smoker and Caesar are logia and they cannot regen their hearts).
  • Countershock: A powerful electric discharge but nothing so special.
  • Gamma Knife: An attack that phase the enemy and affects the internal organs.
  • Scan: This let Law knows the surroundings and what Vergil has with him.
  • Tact: Telekinesis. He can lift entire ships with it.
I'm missing some attacks but these are the most used.

Ok, so his organ cube technique requires contact for it to work. That's gonna be very hard for Law since vergil spams his teleportation and has a doppelgänger that he can use.

Both have the same kind of teleportation as I see but Law's limited to have an object to change places. And he fought in numerical disadvantage against far stronger enemies in the past (Doffy and Fujitora and later Doffy and Trebol). And Doffy even uses a doppelganger but IIRC Law didn't fought with the three at the same time. But he faced the clone for sure.

IDK much about this Vergil but Law is a clever fighter who likes to trick the opponent and use the enviroment to take advantage (like when fought Smoker).

He can even switch place with the enemy.

Well considering that one of Vergil's spatial manipulation tricks is to force teleport his opponents right up to him so he can attack them, the swap may not be useful considering he'd Still be close enough to strike.

But yeah, this seems inconclusive. Both have a hard counter for like almost everything they have, and it just goes down to who hits first.

Basically. But I don't see the reasoning behind Vergil's win condition. I see that both counters each other but what can Vergil do to actually win? What's his AP?

His Spatial Cut is a inferior version of Law's power tho.

Not voting yet. I'll look to this more carefully.

Not really. He can slice through dimensions to negate durability. Law's spatial cut is practically the same thing

Vergil's range is ten of meters while Law's kilometers.

SBA initial distance is 4km.

Law cuts before Vergil.

@Calaca is should be higher than that considering he can teleport across the city and travel through dimensions

@BFF Swords that have homing properties and can be spammed without much stress for Vergil

The dimensional travel comes from portal creation and is probably the thing he uses to travel through the city unless you shows evidence.

Here's other thing Law does:

- Vergil summons a sword.

- Law applies Room.

- The sword flies to Law.

- Shambles.

- Now Vergil is where the sword was and viceversa.

- The sword can stab Vergil.

- Law cut and incapacitate Vergil.

His sword tends to home in on enemies until actually deflected with another physical object. It might stop before it reaches Vergil, but it might also just hit him.

Mess and Shambles are the key tricks here. Anything else Vergil can likely outregen and have his Devil Trigger clone defend against. That said I don't think Mess can outright KO Vergil since Vergil had a sword through the lung/heart and he was just trying to push it away from his body.

Due to this being in character this can go either way with Law separating Vergil's body parts, stealing his heart (Not that way), or... yeah I think that's about it. Meanwhile Vergil doesn't really have a set way to survive. If Law's room is that high range, Law outranges him.

Vergil's regen helps him survive and his Devil Trigger probably easily survives anything Law can do to it. Teleporting it away won't help since the DT clone has the capability to teleport close by. If Law isn't careful being double teamed would be hard, especially since both can teleport around.

I'd say this is a very close inconclusive.

Law's attacks negates regen up to High-Mid and Vergil's Low-Mid.

Considering the range difference and the fact that Law can cut and teleport Vergil more easily than Vergil to Law I vote Law.

Even if Mess doesn't knock him out Law can grab the cube and squash it to make Vergil suffer from pain without killing him. That's enough to stop him for a second and land the fatal blow.

Really? Never recalled him doing that huh.

I'd still say the double team + spatial cut is a very dangerous combo. Can't Vergil also escape to Limbo and recover there? The reboot characters are pretty sturdy, and the Devil Trigger clone could still attack Law while that's happening.

Caesar and Smoker's hearts were a major plot device in Punk Hazard actually. And they're both Logia.

It is but still Law has experience fighting against stronger opponents in 2 vs 1. The Spatial Cut is new to him (i mean being the target this time) but he's more versatile and has less restrictions to his powers.

Considering the way he fights in-character he could switch places with Vergil after the nephilim uses the Spatial Cut to put him inside his own attack.

And again, SBA gives Law the range advantage. Vergil needs to get close to use his tecniques while Law can spam his Spatial manipulation from far far away to keep the range.

Again. If the profile doesn't say it you need to bring a scan to prove it and we will take that into consideration.

Fair enough. He can teleport himself what it seems to be kilometers.

But doesn't change much. Law has less restrictions in his abilities and his tricky combat style is good enough along with the hax.

Still voting Law.

@Calaca

Huh, I wouldn't really classify that as the same as cancelling regen and more like bypassing intangibility.

Fair. But disagreeing on versatility and less restriction, I doubt there's any for Ver

Teleportation would probably counter that and he has to say the name of the attack before usage right?

Teleport dash cancels that issue. Toss in a few projectiles and all. Also, trying to remember the last time Law used Room to steal someone's heart or attack someone over great distance....

@Glass

Do you remember if Vergil could attack from Limbo like his brother? I was thinking he could likely do that but unsure.

@COB I mean, considering they're both related by the same dad and are nephilim, I don't see why he shouldn't scale to having similar abilities.

No, it's Regen Negation because they couldn't recreate the heart-hole in the chest and needed the real.

Any for Ver- what?

Like most DF users that's just a stylic choice. WB doesn't even name his attacks and others DF users can use their abilities without naming them.

He attempted to do it against Doflamingo, and did it against Smoker so is a 100% in-character move. He fought against the marines abusing range and always tries to keep distance to fight.

@Glass

Oh in that case voting for Vergil or tie in that case. If he just goes to Limbo no way Law can affect him.

@Calaca

Okay? I think it's because their hearts are forced to return to a physical form, but not that it would affect the match.

I meant Law my bad.

Fair nuff. Think I do remember there needs to be a hand gesture though, even for the other attacks.

In a very far range?

Anyway can't cont but tossing in my vote for the night.

They could just make another heart and forget about the stealed one butthey can't meaning that the regen is negated.

DW.

With Tact he needs a gesture, Mess needs contact, Amputate needs a sword swing, other attacks like Counter shock, Gamma Knife and Injection shot just needs to be close to the target.

Mid range to be fair. Most serious fights were against melee opponents like Vergo or Doffy who use short and middistances attacks.

Back