• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would work if they are bigger, but Mantis Shrimp has a small size to give them a wolf-tier rating. If we assuming that they hits with a distance of 1 cm, this is still 10-C so this don't work at all. We need to just remove this of even their durability, a cat would easily kill this small crustacean..
Size doesn't have anything to do with it we know what the results of it punching something is and evidence shows it is 10-A. Also what do you mean cat assuming a domestic cat how literally none of their ranges intercept on land yeah maybe the same would be the case with pretty much all other sea animals in water the cat gets it's skull broken. I would also not recommend using size as a primary argument against invertebrates above tier 10-C as their muscles are different from vertebrae's

Size doesn't have anything to do with it we know what the results of it punching something is and evidence shows it is 10-A. Also what do you mean cat assuming a domestic cat how literally none of their ranges intercept on land yeah maybe the same would be the case with pretty much all other sea animals in water the cat gets it's skull broken. I would also not recommend using size as a primary argument against invertebrates above tier 10-C as their muscles are different from vertebrae's
Size always matter in the tier of animals.

How is the mantis shrimp 10-A? You literally are saying that 50 gram mantis can kill a human based on that. Newtons =/= Joules, nothing stated in their profile is 10-A.

We also have Small & Large Size as actual Abilities on site due to the tier defining parameters size is stated to cause on their pages. You will have to debate against this too. Insects are different though can you give me the length of the mantis's arms & their type of punch?

which feats?? a 50 gram mantis isn't 10-A 💀
that 1500 newtons is the force of their punch, they are too small to generate a energy of at least 100 joules
source. 1500N can be converted to joules 1 for one
please provide an actual source to prove me wrong as I am pretty sure you have the burden of proof

please provide an actual source to prove me wrong as I am pretty sure you have the burden of proof
??

Joules = Newton * Distance (or displacement)

Source: Wikipedia

The newton (symbol: N) is the unit of force in the International System of Units (SI). It is defined as 1 kg⋅m/s2, the force which gives a mass of 1 kilogram an acceleration of 1 metre per second per second. It is named after Isaac Newton in recognition of his work on classical mechanics, specifically Newton's second law of motion.
Your sources are cool, I'll evaluate them later.

Btw, what are you trying to prove here? m/s^2 is velocity change or acceleration. Can you define a joule so we know what we are dealing with here?

Pressure & Surface Area is a thing.

💀.

Well, the mantis shrimp as a height of .8 to 2 cm, and like we can see here, the mantis can throw punches in a displacement similar to their height, so we need to just do some math..

• Energy: 1500 newtons * ((.8+2)/2) cm = 21 Joules, meh.
Also, the displacement of this is probably even lower due to exact moment of force & since I'm assuming using the entire height making the result much more higher & wanked, so probably no 10-C+ shrimpy, it's too close to just 10-C too. 💀💀

From what I've gathered, these bois are just living needles. Pitbulls can maul people with their teeth, & they're just at this psi.

If they're that comparable to .22 caliber bullets, where's the human fatalities? Wolves are well known & the insect is known among fishermen. Where's the thing that says that a Mantis Shrimp can kill a human or an equivalent? They kill/harm things that are around it's size.

Edit: Why isn't the Mantis 9-C if it's 1500 N? It's 10-A for some reason. By your logic, stomps are stronger than the Mantis Shrimp? Where's the animals/things that are 10-A in durability

Last edited:
Here & here

edit: why did you assume that we can't convert Newtons to joules? The link that justifies around 1269 J uses a different method. Force times displacement in meters is Joules but not Newtons or N times acceleration or m/s^2.

Your Burden of Proof is on par with us if you can't find the displacement of the insect. Acceleration isn't distance moved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back