• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
bump
what in the world is that
I wanna play it
Is Kingdom hearts, but modded with Re:ZERO stuff
dabv8h7-d71ac1ce-1583-4dfd-aa58-02b38659775d.jpg
dadq0vx-3e4a5e86-b72f-418a-a4a4-e3c811dab57b.jpg

KH3 as a whole is a mixed bag, some just had really high expectations for it as over 10 IRL years of wait went between it and the previous numbered title (KH2), and ultimately depends on what you deem most relevant taste-wise.
Also note that mods on KH3 (As linked before) can change considerably the gameplay, so don't expect to end up with borderline seizure-inducing effects normally.

Anyways, to actually contribute something here, uh...

I agree with everything, the stuff is really sound, except the CM downgrade, funnily enough.
Like, type 1 and 2 concepts don't have to be universal in scale long ago, but IDK about this verse so I'll leave it up to others to evaluate based on this.

Last edited:
Anyways, to actually contribute something here, uh...

I agree with everything, the stuff is really sound, except the CM downgrade, funnily enough.
Like, type 1 and 2 concepts don't have to be universal in scale long ago, but IDK about this verse so I'll leave it up to others to evaluate based on this.
Oh thanks.

But well, his Conceptual Manipulation still don't qualify to the page. Like, nothing happened after he cuts the concept of sound and light.

Yeah the effect that killing the concepts of light & sound has isn't explained, but with confirmation that Type 2 needn't be universal in scale, I think I do disagree with downgrading the usage of the concept of the sword from Type 2 to Type 3, mainly because:

He sword cutting concept is pratically the same:
This serve the criteria perfectily, that being a concept that govern a certain object in question. Of the sword.
This seems to be a misunderstanding of what the Type 3 criteria is saying. The concept of the sword doesn't apply to a single personal object (it is manifested through Reid's skills no matter what object he holds- a real sword, an iron pipe, wooden chopsticks, etc.) and doesn't only effect a single personal object or only effect it on a particular scale (the concept of the sword cuts down all objects in the world, even cutting the world).

So that's my 2 cents on that.

Sigh
Looks, like we doing this then...

The concept of the sword doesn't apply to a single personal object (it is manifested through Reid's skills no matter what object he holds- a real sword, an iron pipe, wooden chopsticks, etc.)
That don't mean is not Type 3 trought, like, he "governs" the concept of the sword, and apply to every thing he holds.
He still governing one concept, and applying to things, without altering all objects that is connect in said area.
Like, if it was Concept type 2, he would alter everthing in the area he is in after applying the concept of sword in the object he is holding, even trought is not in a Universal scale.
If he turned his chopstick into a sword, all chopsticks in the area would became swords. But there's no way to actually prove that.
and doesn't only effect a single personal object or only effect it on a particular scale (the concept of the sword cuts down all objects in the world, even cutting the world).
So there's a problem with this statement of affecting the world.
So the first:
it "obliquely" bisected the world, becoming a light which wrecked all in its path to ruin.
So the "obliquely" is a problem, since the make the meaning of what's happening uncertain.
Obliquely means "not directly" or "difficulty to understand" making kinda difficulty to discern of what truly happened.
Henceforth, the flash which slashed down all objects in the world
Don't exactly mean he affected all objects when he slashed stuff, that also can mean he can slash all the objects of the world, but not exactly like "I cut this things, and affected all things related to said thing".
With a mere swing of the sword, the world was scorched by light. Impossible to understand
So obviously he din't actually scorch the world in light, so this is a weird statement, that can be explained that for the character Pov we witnessing, it looks for her atleast Reid scorch the entire world in light. That being Scarfdna.
So in this chapter is mostly told in Third person, but is the "Limited Third Person" where they talking mostly on how the character sees, feels, and experiences what's happening in the moment. Not like, the omniscent Third point of view we need to contribuate to the stament, and more how Scarfdna sees what's happening around. While Scarfdna is very knowlegeble, so somethings she say we can use, when she thinks the entire world got covered in light, a thing she have no way to actually confirm, i think we can take this with a more grain of salt.

What saying is Reid affecting the world is floral lenguage bassically. More or less.

That don't mean is not Type 3 trought, like, he "governs" the concept of the sword, and apply to every thing he holds.
Snip
He isn't turning chopsticks into swords? Whatever object Reid wields simply has the concept of the sword- defined in the text as "That which is brought forth for the purpose of slashing down an object."- manifested through it, which is why his power remains the same between wielding the Examination Sword and his Chopsticks. He isn't manipulating the concept of chopsticks and altering that, he isn't actually altering a concept at all, he is manifesting a concept and utilizing it.

So the "obliquely" is a problem, since the make the meaning of what's happening uncertain.
Obliquely means "not directly" or "difficulty to understand" making kinda difficulty to discern of what truly happened.
"Obliquely" here is said because Reid's swordsmanship is unable to be comprehended, immediately following what you quoted the text says "With a mere swing of the sword, the world was scorched by light. Impossible to understand." It's not that the narration is literally unsure of what Reid is up to.

Don't exactly mean he affected all objects when he slashed stuff, that also can mean he can slash all the objects of the world, but not exactly like "I cut this things, and affected all things related to said thing".
I don't want to repeat myself, Reid's concept manipulation doesn't let him, say, erase the concept of forks from existence if he cuts a fork. His concept manipulation manifests a concept that he uses offensively to cut any and all objects in the world. This is why he can cut untouchable things such as Regulus.

So obviously he din't actually scorch the world in light, so this is a weird statement, Snip
First, using character POV as an argument when the narration contains impossible-to-know information (the entire concept scan), is a bad idea.

Second, no one is arguing Reid scorched the entire world in light- he just effected Electra. However, this does not mean he didn't cut the world. It's possible to make a small tear in a sheet of paper without ripping the entire paper in half for example.

Basically, the concept of the sword isn't a singular personal concept, or a concept tied to a specific object or a specific person, and it has indeed been elaborated on, so Type 3 feels inappropriate for it.

Bu- hmmmm, ok i already write my response -mp

Not sure when i gonna reply, since i am little busy.

Back