• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re-Upgrade for High 1-C Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets try not to bash other users, even if we disagree with their arguments.

I thought it had interesting thoughts on it. Besides what does this all even matter? 1C Bill even if it turned out to be true wouldn't be changed on here

Can we at least give Bill his Low Godly Back? He was already non physical when he opened the rift, which physically gave him a body from nothing. Logically destroying his physical form is useless as it would turn him non-corporeal again, and his rift would just make him physical again.

No if that was true it wouldn't have taken him so long to come back after he was killed. Or complain about his eye taking a while to regenerate

Bill can have regen IMO. Just not regen that's at all combat applicable.

^ pretty much this I'm pretty sure what Bil did after death was more resurrection then Regenerationn anyway

Js250476 said:
No if that was true it wouldn't have taken him so long to come back after he was killed. Or complain about his eye taking a while to regenerate
No I said Low Godly. As in: Regenerating From complete physical destruction. Bill's chant is either resurrection or mid godly. What I said had nothing to do with mid godly.

Js250476 said:
Duration of how much time does it take is not a requirement to determine whether or not they should have that level of regen such as Low-Godly for example.

From what I remember what Bill did isn't regen he straight up dies and had to resurrect himself for a later time. If he could have regend from that it wouldn't have been necessary

Js250476 said:
From what I remember what Bill did isn't regen he straight up dies and had to resurrect himself for a later time. If he could have regend from that it wouldn't have been necessary
That wasn't his physical body that was destroyed though.

If those aliens perceived him as a threat, maybe that could qualify as Possibly at least 1-C, although I'm admittedly not as familiar with the verse as most.

The aliens are weird. I think people didn't like them being true Higher-D beings since they were actually hindered by the 3-D universe.

Assaltwaffle said:
The aliens are weird. I think people didn't like them being true Higher-D beings since they were actually hindered by the 3-D universe.
Apparently those higher dimensions are just universes actually. So that is basically the real issue here.

There's no indication of higher spatial/temporality? If there is, then I may have to support Possibly 1-C or something to that effect.

I see nothing wrong with what Metal said about Bill. He seemed to make good points, and at the least, there should be a key with "possibly High 1-C", if not just restored to the way it used to be with just a "High 1-C".

He shows that there is indication that they refer to spatiotemporal dimensions, they use them both ways, and as Ryu said, pan-dimensional means to exist throughout all dimensions. In my opinion, similar to as Ryu said, the aliens seem like they're 7-11 dimensional and can't maneuver throughout lower-dimensional space. This is natural. Can you imagine how it would be to try to maneuver throughout two-dimensional space? This is an even more infinitesimal comparison. That should just further support their higher-dimensionality, and I agree with Bill being High 1-C at his peak.

Metal pointing out the space-time patching feat that Time Baby was incapable of performing further supports their higher-dimensionality, and what Ryu pointed out as him not just vaguely being a threat to the multiverse, but also a thread to all of existence further supports his High 1-C status.

I think Possibly at least 1-C is the safest potential re-upgrade rating, but as I stated I'm not an expert in this verse by any means.

So how do we get this to be added to his profile ? Sorry I'm still quite new here. Anyways It seems as though most have come to a good conclusion here for something along those lines to be added

I'm aware of his old rating. However, 7 to 10 dimensions sounds like a firm case of At least 1-C more so than High 1-C.

Well, you're right, the aliens might be 7-11 dimensions, but this doesn't change that Bill was a threat to all of existence. The aliens in this equation are relevant because they tell us that existence in the verse holds 11 dimensions, all of which Bill are a threat to.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Can you imagine how it would be to try to maneuver throughout two-dimensional space?
Walking in a straight line? That's 2-D movement

If the aliens are confirmed that they are not higher-dimensional entities that there is no doubt there Bill doesn't come anywhere near High 1-C.

To begin with, instilling fear into someone isn't a good enough reason to suggest that the one causing fear is necessarily more powerful then then the one feeling it as long as it lacks any sort of context provided. This isn't a feat on it's own. As far as we're aware Bill's release might inevitably rile up some horde of higher-dimensional monsters or he could become more powerful over time.

As it stands though, Bill has not displayed higher-dimensional powers.

Myriadofmemes said:
If the aliens are confirmed that they are not higher-dimensional entities that there is no doubt there Bill doesn't come anywhere near High 1-C.

To begin with, instilling fear into someone isn't a good enough reason to suggest that the one causing fear is necessarily more powerful then then the one feeling it as long as it lacks any sort of context provided. This isn't a feat on it's own. As far as we're aware Bill's release might inevitably rile up some horde of higher-dimensional monsters or he could become more powerful over time.

But why would Aliens who are 7Th to 11Th Dimensional fear a 4Th dimensional creature, who they are multiple layers of infinity above in power? Even if they feared Bill's 'hax' Bill would be so much less powerful it wouldn't make sense for them o fear him, unless they recognise his power to be higher dimensional. That's my opinion atleast

Myriadofmemes said:

I already made a counter argument towards this, read through the thread.

Bill Cipher being a threat to the Multiverse at 2-A is a-ok and all, but him getting a High 1-C tier based on literally a single statement in the book that is self-contradictory when there's 0 feats or things in the series to back that up is another matter entirely.

For one, simple capability to exist in higher dimensions does not instantly qualify one for a higher dimensional tier, which I'd like to adress here.

The thing with the Trilazzx Beta aliens, which are said to be "scared of his power".

It's said they exist in 7 to 11 dimensions at once and because of that have a horrible sense of direction. This in itself contradicts the idea that they fit the criteria of Higher Dimensional Beings that we have here, as they themselves don't have any understanding of navigating in the planes they inhabit.

I'd also like to point out that Gravity Falls does not exclusively use Dimensions in regards to Higher Beings, as in the same book we get someone speaking of the 2-D Dimension but also of Dimension52 which doesn't have anything indicating it to be a higher plane as opposed to just the name of some alternate dimension .

As someone pointed out, to regard someone as having Higher Dimensional Power, we would actually have that person displaying qualitatively superiority to the lower dimensions. This is in the very Tiering System page.

So yeah. Bill himself and the series have 0, nil, none feats that go anywhere close to 7 or 11D dimensions and I've seen stuff more solid and way more reliable than this get dismissed as outlier or not legit in the past due to insufficient evidence.

Why should we accept this? Doesn't really seem to make any sense to me.

Hence I suggest the Tier 1 gets removed from Bill's profile and we leave him at 2-A as that one sounds way more solid and less iffy by comparison, which frankly speaking, seems like one of the most inaccurate ratings we have around at the moment

PaChi2 said:
Bill Cipher being a threat to the Multiverse at 2-A is a-ok and all, but him getting a High 1-C tier based on literally a single statement in the book that is self-contradictory when there's 0 feats or things in the series to back that up is another matter entirely.

For one, simple capability to exist in higher dimensions does not instantly qualify one for a higher dimensional tier, which I'd like to adress here.

The thing with the Trilazzx Beta aliens, which are said to be "scared of his power".

It's said they exist in 7 to 11 dimensions at once and because of that have a horrible sense of direction. This in itself contradicts the idea that they fit the criteria of Higher Dimensional Beings that we have here, as they themselves don't have any understanding of navigating in the planes they inhabit.
Bill's power would still be useless, as it wouldn't have the power to reach the higher planes the aliens inhabit.

I like how this thread basically ignores the motives discussed throughout the entirety of the previous one as if they never existed.

But hey.

I'm just laughing at the idea at this point, so I dunno. 1-A Yukari and Higher Dimensional Paper Mario suddenly sounds quite legit based on the same "reasonings" used here... Reminds me of how WA3 Beatrice was stated to be 25th dimensional, was stated that could "end reality" and have powers on that lvl yet needed intrincated plots for feats ranging from Planet Level to Low 2-C.

1bea
2bea
Guess I can finally give her a profile and start overthrowing SMT for strongest video-game verse despite the massive lack of stuff to back up such a high tier. Iiihiko Shishime is going Tier 2 as well since his powers are stated to be of another dimension and it's said that people's skills are like a drawing on a paper to him.

Quoting Matthew as well on the previous thread:

"I guess we should make CW Xy High 2-A because he's 5th Dimensional. Oh wait, he has no feats on a remotely Cosmic Scale. But he actually has Reality Warping and Planet level feats.

These guys have nothing except that they have shitty eyesight."

As well as:

"If we go that "they are a threat to the Multiverse" and instantly assume that to go up to the 11th Dimension without any feat or proper reason to back that up, there are a bunch of Characters which go all the way to Tier 1 for their Multiverse running on String Theory, having some similar statement and nothing else."

Not to mention the bajillion characters that would be getting upgrades if we assumed the absolute highest end for statements such as "Is a threat to x". There are so many examples I could stay here all day. Azzy also said Multiversal threat warrants 2-A at best.

The aliens have been debunked in the previous thread.

I'm more amused than anything at this stuff being seriously discussed.

Except that the aliens aren't accepted as High 1-C.

GF uses dimensions interchangeably for parallel universes and geometric dimensions as explained above. Prove that it's talking about geometric dimensions.

Bill having a tier based on a single statement backed up by no feats would be already too generous, but if the statement itself can be interpreted in multiple ways, then he gets the 2-A lowball

Edit: Hi Fate!

Actually, much more points have been adressed on the previous one until the general agreement was made. Still, as I pretty much said above... "I like how this thread basically ignores all the main points of the previous one and stuff."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back