• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayman General Discussion Thread

The other thing I guess we could do is find different feats in the games but they'd all be below the current ratings, like Rayman smashing doors and whatnot.

Part of me is curious if the Soul Hunters version of Rayman (as well as the Prince of Persia and Ezio who were also available in the game) would be a viable profile. Though it sounds like they may no longer be available in the mobile game for purchase.
The other thing I guess we could do is find different feats in the games but they'd all be below the current ratings, like Rayman smashing doors and whatnot.
There are probably a few decent ones if we feel that would be productive. Like there is one feat where Rayman destroys a mini robo pirate ship in a sub boss fight. I think we got all the big, necessary feats though like you said.

Last edited:
The one with the weird single strand of hair, eh?

What feats would that one have?
I’m not sure currently unless he scales to other fighters of the game (which includes DC Comics characters apparently). The game seems to have some story but the wiki is super bare bones.

Last edited:
It's going to be ironic if the cancelled show ends up being better... though it wouldn't be the first time something good got cancelled and replaced with garbage.

I just thought of something. Would Rayman scale to Mario and the others through the Rabbids?
Not on VS Battles wiki at least. Even if we were to consider the crossover canon to Rayman/Rabbids though, from what I can tell it’s only the special Rabbids in that game that would scale to the Mario cast (Rabbid Mario, Rabbid Kong, etc.). So very likely no.

Go ahead, Mantidil already made clear he was open to you saying why Rayman might be that high.

Alrighty then.

Point 1: By using the Lums, Polokus created the Glade of Dreams.

Going off the manual for Rayman 2 Forever (which can be used as it doesn't contradict anything in other versions), the Glade of Dreams is comprised of 13 universes.

The Heart of the World, which Rayman is powered by, consists of the same Lums that created the Glade of Dreams.

Even if you disagree with Rayman being powered by the Heart of the World, he would still scale to it as he overpowered the same Nightmares who easily defeated Rayman, Polokus, and the others. Speaking of the Nightmares, that brings me to point 2.

Point 2: The Nightmares creating over 100 universes in Rayman Legends.

Here's the description for the game:

"The Glade of Dreams is in trouble once again! During a 100-year nap, the nightmares multiplied, they spread, they created new monsters even more terrifying than before.
These creatures are the stuff of legends... dragons, giant toads, sea monsters and even evil luchadores. They created elaborate worlds within the Glade of Dreams and wreaked havoc by capturing every Teensy in sight. Finally, with the help of Murfy, Rayman and Globox are awoken to help fight these nightmares and save the Teensies. When they awake, they see that their old friend Bubble Dreamer has filled his home with a series of magical paintings that reveal the worlds the nightmares have created.

In fact, each painting is actually a portal to travel to these worlds, so the gang jumps in and the adventure begins. They must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day, discover new friends and unlock the secrets of each legendary painting."

We know that the Nightmares created these paintings, but how do we know they're universes? Well, another description confirms this.

"three amazing and colorful universes"

And based on how they call Castle Rock a universe, that most likely means each level is a separate universe. If you use all versions of the game, there are a total of 147 levels/universes.

Rayman vs Super Sonic when?

For some reason imgur doesn't let me see the first image, can you link them in some other way?

Alrighty then.

Point 1: By using the Lums, Polokus created the Glade of Dreams.

Going off the manual for Rayman 2 Forever (which can be used as it doesn't contradict anything in other versions), the Glade of Dreams is comprised of 13 universes.

The Heart of the World, which Rayman is powered by, consists of the same Lums that created the Glade of Dreams.

Even if you disagree with Rayman being powered by the Heart of the World, he would still scale to it as he overpowered the same Nightmares who easily defeated Rayman, Polokus, and the others. Speaking of the Nightmares, that brings me to point 2.

Point 2: The Nightmares creating over 100 universes in Rayman Legends.

Here's the description for the game:

"The Glade of Dreams is in trouble once again! During a 100-year nap, the nightmares multiplied, they spread, they created new monsters even more terrifying than before.
These creatures are the stuff of legends... dragons, giant toads, sea monsters and even evil luchadores. They created elaborate worlds within the Glade of Dreams and wreaked havoc by capturing every Teensy in sight. Finally, with the help of Murfy, Rayman and Globox are awoken to help fight these nightmares and save the Teensies. When they awake, they see that their old friend Bubble Dreamer has filled his home with a series of magical paintings that reveal the worlds the nightmares have created.

In fact, each painting is actually a portal to travel to these worlds, so the gang jumps in and the adventure begins. They must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day, discover new friends and unlock the secrets of each legendary painting."

We know that the Nightmares created these paintings, but how do we know they're universes? Well, another description confirms this.

"three amazing and colorful universes"

And based on how they call Castle Rock a universe, that most likely means each level is a separate universe. If you use all versions of the game, there are a total of 147 levels/universes.

Rayman vs Super Sonic when?

I’ll admit, I don’t think I’ve heard these types of arguments before. Is the Rayman 2 Forever universe statement in the manual or is it just the Amazon product description? I’m a bit iffy on using product descriptions as a primary source for AP though. What does everyone else think?

Last edited:
I’ll admit, I don’t think I’ve heard these types of arguments before. Is the Rayman 2 Forever in the manual or is it just the Amazon product description? I’m a bit iffy on using product descriptions as a primary source for AP though. What does everyone else think?
There is the closest thing I could find. It states that the universe is in danger and Rayman has the power to stop darkness and destruction.

What part of this is iffy?
You're using product descriptions. These don't appear in the game nor are they written by anyone who made the games, they're just ad fluff. Nevermind the fact that they use worlds and universes interchangably, but I don't think this is a case of both words meaning the same and more specifically the latter. The back of Rayman 2 Forever only says that "the universe is in danger", which doesn't imply anything beyond the obvious, Razorbeard and his Robo-Pirates have traveled the cosmos and are a threat to any planet that bears life.

You're using product descriptions. These don't appear in the game nor are they written by anyone who made the games
For the Rayman Legends one, that's not true at all. This appears in the manual.
The back of Rayman 2 Forever only says that "the universe is in danger", which doesn't imply anything beyond the obvious, Razorbeard and his Robo-Pirates have traveled the cosmos and are a threat to any planet that bears life.
I shall concede on this point. However, I shall offer a counter point.

This is from an interview with the developer:

"The idea of the staves inspired the graphic designer and the team to create themes. So the first Highway only uses psychedelic elements – big hearts, or peace symbols with disco music. The second one uses more colours, and motifs from the 1980s. These elements are very vivid for the player. He has a good laugh when he lands up in these slightly screwball universes!"

This is one of the developers describing the Teensie Highway in Rayman 3. They consider these levels different universes. This is also supported by the fact that you need to travel through wormholes in the game. Also, the Bog of Murk is described to be a different realm.

I was under impression they were on one planet. Rayman Adventures for instance has a map that shows Rayman Legends locations (probably not as reliable as Rayman Legends itself but still noteworthy).
I doubt Rayman Adventures is a reliable source in comparison to an actual mainline game.

Edit: Not to mention, Ubisoft were probably just being lazy. After all, they reuse levels and reverse them in game.

Last edited:
For the Rayman Legends one, that's not true at all. This appears in the manual.
Where they only say worlds. It is common in many languages, especially of the Latin variety, to often use world and universe interchangably, and that could be the case here since the games are originally from a French studio, however more often than not they're clearly referring to planets, not universes.

"The idea of the staves inspired the graphic designer and the team to create themes. So the first Highway only uses psychedelic elements – big hearts, or peace symbols with disco music. The second one uses more colours, and motifs from the 1980s. These elements are very vivid for the player. He has a good laugh when he lands up in these slightly screwball universes!"

This is one of the developers describing the Teensie Highway in Rayman 3. They consider these levels different universes. This is also supported by the fact that you need to travel through wormholes in the game. Also, the Bog of Murk is described to be a different realm.
This is slightly better proof, but that developer could be using universes as a random word, given the comedic situation (if the interview was originally in French it might've been translated oddly). I've always seen the Highways as little wormholes, they definitely don't seem like universes with stars, nebulae, etc. The world 'realm' is also often interchangable with world and given how Rayman and co fly from place to place in that game sometimes (like the realm of Leptys which appears to just be a small planet) I feel like that's the intended meaning there, although I've never seen it being referred as a realm (it'd be nice to see what it's called in the French version).

Where they only say worlds. It is common in many languages, especially of the Latin variety, to often use world and universe interchangably, and that could be the case here since the games are originally from a French studio, however more often than not they're clearly referring to planets, not universes.
I find it more believable that it's a universe rather than just a planet. After defeating the boss, we see stars, nebulae, and even a moon far away from the land when you send the Dark Teensie into space.
This is slightly better proof, but that developer could be using universes as a random word, given the comedic situation (if the interview was originally in French it might've been translated oddly).
Why would they use it as a random word? They could've called it as anything else like land or level.
I've always seen the Highways as little wormholes, they definitely don't seem like universes with stars, nebulae, etc.
That's not the point. I'm saying that the Teensie Highway is how one gets to those universes. The Highway isn't the universe itself.
The world 'realm' is also often interchangable with world and given how Rayman and co fly from place to place in that game sometimes (like the realm of Leptys which appears to just be a small planet) I feel like that's the intended meaning there, although I've never seen it being referred as a realm (it'd be nice to see what it's called in the French version).
1. It's most probable that Rayman is just hovering down after leaving the Teensie Highway. We do see in-game that he drops from in the air.
2. Said small planet also has a sun, so the desert most likely more than just a planet.

I find it more believable that it's a universe rather than just a planet. After defeating the boss, we see stars, nebulae, and even a moon far away from the land when you send the Dark Teensie into space.

Why would they use it as a random word? They could've called it as anything else like land or level.

That's not the point. I'm saying that the Teensie Highway is how one gets to those universes. The Highway isn't the universe itself.

1. It's most probable that Rayman is just hovering down after leaving the Teensie Highway. We do see in-game that he drops from in the air.
2. Said small planet also has a sun, so the desert most likely more than just a planet.
Rayman and friends send all 5 Dark Teensies to the same moon though, with the same constellations, so why would each level be separate universe?

Unfortunately, it looks like the original website for that quote is defunct so I don’t know if we can find the original context.

(Side Note, but The Glade of Dreams article on Raywiki is a useful resource for this subject; Also the French page is slightly different)

I find it more believable that it's a universe rather than just a planet.
"These creatures are the stuff of legends… dragons, giant toads, sea monsters and even evil luchadores. They created elaborate worlds within the Glade of Dreams"

"When they awake, they see that their old friend Bubble Dreamer has filled his home with a series of magical paintings that reveal the worlds the nightmares have created."

"In fact, each painting is actually a portal to travel to these worlds"

This seems like more of a Mario 64 case where each world is treated as a level (world and level in games can also be synonymous), but is actually just part of the large world and Mushroom Kingdom. Worlds WITHIN the Glade of Dreams.

Because words in such situations aren't meant for in-universe explanations. You're overthinking it far more than they are, the lore of Rayman is already as flimsy as its jokey nature.
That's not the point. I'm saying that the Teensie Highway is how one gets to those universes.
The developer has a good laugh with the screwball levels which implies the Highways, those are the trippy disco ones that best fall under the definition of 'screwball', not any of the levels in Rayman 3.
Said small planet also has a sun, so the desert most likely more than just a planet.
Still no indication of that being a separate universe.

We need far more concrete and clear evidence and statements for this.

Rayman and friends send all 5 Dark Teensies to the same moon though, with the same constellations, so why would each level be separate universe?
They may have just forgotten or didn't care. But it should still be Universal.

This seems like more of a Mario 64 case where each world is treated as a level (world and level in games can also be synonymous), but is actually just part of the large world and Mushroom Kingdom. Worlds WITHIN the Glade of Dreams.
Or it could just because said portals are located in the Glade, evident in the intro where we see that the hub for the game is above the Snoring Tree.

Also, if we consider the Raywiki to be a valid source, then there's this:

"The Teensies Highways are magical places outside of space and time created by the Teensies" Not sure if this means anything, but I just wanted to point it out.

Yeah I'm afraid we don't have enough concrete evidence for what you propose, GoGo.

What we see and use for the tiers makes the most sense, with Rayman shaking constellations and whatnot.

Yeah I'm afraid we don't have enough concrete evidence for what you propose, GoGo.

What we see and use for the tiers makes the most sense, with Rayman shaking constellations and whatnot.
I can accept that, but I have one last question.

Would the meteor feat from this comic be a good speed feat? It seems to have traveled the galaxy within a few seconds.

Er, there's no stated timeframe and it'd require a lot of guessing. It could just be the next planet in that solar system lineup.

Is that related to Rayman, though?

Back