• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayman General Discussion Thread

Eh, I personally feel like it is ok to keep. It is noted on his profile anyways that Rayman has several stated origin stories with it being unknown which one is his true origin. If other people agree, I don't mind if we remove it though.
I just think Rayman being summoned by Betilla shouldn't be included because:

1. In the original Rayman, the two don't seem to know each other at all as Betilla formally introduces herself to Rayman.
2. In Rayman 2, nobody seems to know who or what Rayman is even though Rayman was supposedly summoned to protect the Glade of Dreams, meaning that everyone should have a general idea of who he is.
3. Also in Rayman 2, Rayman and Jano don't recognize each other at first. This makes no sense since the main reason behind Betilla creating Rayman is because Jano was creating Darktoons and needed to be stopped, implying that Rayman defeated Jano before the events of the series.
4. In Rayman Mini, Mr. Dark is clearly meant to be part of Rayman's species as he's the only character to retain his limbless nature. But that contradicts Rayman only lacking limbs because of Betilla not having enough Lums.

Also, in the possibly-cancelled Rayman and the Moldies, the creator of the show states that Rayman was meant to come from the Sacred Tree. Obviously, it shouldn't be taken as fact since it's not released. But it does paint the image that Rayman being created by Betilla is no longer Rayman's origin story.

Last edited:
I just think Rayman being summoned by Betilla shouldn't be included because:

1. In the original Rayman, the two don't seem to know each other at all as Betilla formally introduces herself to Rayman.
2. In Rayman 2, nobody seems to know who or what Rayman is even though Rayman was supposedly summoned to protect the Glade of Dreams, meaning that everyone should have a general idea of who he is.
3. Also in Rayman 2, Rayman and Jano don't recognize each other at first. This makes no sense since the main reason behind Betilla creating Rayman is because Jano was creating Darktoons and needed to be stopped, implying that Rayman defeated Jano before the events of the series.
4. In Rayman Mini, Mr. Dark is clearly meant to be part of Rayman's species as he's the only character to retain his limbless nature. But that contradicts Rayman only lacking limbless because of Betilla not having enough Lums.

Also, in the possibly-cancelled Rayman and the Moldies, the creator of the show states that Rayman was meant to come from the Sacred Tree. Obviously, it shouldn't be taken as fact since it's not released. But it does paint the image that Rayman being created by Betilla is no longer Rayman's origin story.
Tbf the Rayman series is pretty inconsistent in general. Rayman 1 showed numerous characters of Rayman’s limbless species in the Glade, only for Rayman 2 to immediately contradict that by making Rayman seem incredibly weird for not having arms and legs (particularly in the manual). Not to mention there is still debate on whether Rayman Origins is a continuation or a complete reboot of the series, with elements introduced such as bubblizing. I personally think stuff like that are just retcons. Though honestly I don’t care that much whether the Betilla stuff is on the profile or not.

Tbf the Rayman series is pretty inconsistent in general. Rayman 1 showed numerous characters of Rayman’s limbless species in the Glade, only for Rayman 2 to immediately contradict that by making Rayman seem incredibly weird for not having arms and legs (particularly in the manual). Not to mention there is still debate on whether Rayman Origins is a continuation or a complete reboot of the series, with elements introduced such as bubblizing. I personally think stuff like that are just retcons. Though honestly I don’t care that much whether the Betilla stuff is on the profile or not.
I seen a comment in a rayman 3 vid or somewhere were it theorizes that the incredibly inconsistencies in location and lore in rayman 3 is because of polokus and the glade of dreams been,well, dreams..

Well, Rayman in the Phantom Show is finally out now! I'm playing the DLC, and so far, I'm in love with it. Rayman has definitely become my favorite character in the game (and no, this isn't due to bias). He has a lot of powers that make for really creative combat and movement, but they do a good job at balancing it out such as Rayman's base weapon being average overall and him being unable to use Sparks.

Not to mention, Rayman's personality and character here shines. He's far more expressive than in any Rayman game, and his dialogue is really funny. This especially makes me happy because I've been wanting a game where Rayman has personality (and that's not to say that he doesn't in the old games, it's just that he rarely ever spoke and showed other expressions).

If this DLC sells well and Ubisoft gives the greenlight for a new Rayman game, there's no other team I'd want to create it except for Davide Soliani and his crew!

Well, Rayman in the Phantom Show is finally out now! I'm playing the DLC, and so far, I'm in love with it. Rayman has definitely become my favorite character in the game (and no, this isn't due to bias). He has a lot of powers that make for really creative combat and movement, but they do a good job at balancing it out such as Rayman's base weapon being average overall and him being unable to use Sparks.

Not to mention, Rayman's personality and character here shines. He's far more expressive than in any Rayman game, and his dialogue is really funny. This especially makes me happy because I've been wanting a game where Rayman has personality (and that's not to say that he doesn't in the old games, it's just that he rarely ever spoke and showed other expressions).

If this DLC sells well and Ubisoft gives the greenlight for a new Rayman game, there's no other team I'd want to create it except for Davide Soliani and his crew!
This is fantastic to hear. Admittedly, haven't bought the game yet since I have been busy / job searching irl. But glad to hear they captured my boy Rayman so well.

Last edited:
Huh, so in a recently unearthed magazine interview for Rayman 3, it is basically implied that the portals from Rayman 2 and the Teensie Highway from Rayman 3 may be the same thing. They talk about it in the Raywiki forums if anyone wants to take a look.

Huh, so in a recently unearthed magazine interview for Rayman 3, it is basically implied that the portals from Rayman 2 and the Teensie Highway from Rayman 3 may be the same thing. They talk about it in the Raywiki forums if anyone wants to take a look.
Oh yeah, I remember seeing this a while ago though I wasn't sure if you guys would be interested in it.

Also, does this imply that The Great Escape and Revolution are different games/canons?

Something funny I noticed is how Rayman's comeback has been completely based on him being a star on TV. He's one of the main actors along with Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Mario in Rayman in the Phantom Show and he's hosting his own TV show in Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix.

Something funny I noticed is how Rayman's comeback has been completely based on him being a star on TV. He's one of the main actors along with Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Mario in Rayman in the Phantom Show and he's hosting his own TV show in Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix.
Yeah, good point lol. Ironic that the “Rayman & les Moldies” cartoon didn’t end up getting anywhere yet after the recent Rayman appearances.

Side note, but should a Discussion thread for Captain Laserhawk be made? Not sure if many people on the forums are interested.

Last edited:
We need more Rayman match ups

And we need it NOW
Rayman matchups that are actually fair are hard to find. Rayman characters just seem to be in an awkward place stat-wise. I think Mr. Dark, Polokus, and even the Rabbids would be cool to see matchups for though.

Side note, but I noticed Rayman vs Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia is becoming a more popular matchup.

Rayman matchups that are actually fair are hard to find. Rayman characters just seem to be in an awkward place stat-wise. I think Mr. Dark, Polokus, and even the Rabbids would be cool to see matchups for though.

Side note, but I noticed Rayman vs Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia is becoming a more popular matchup.
What's wrong with their stats?

Too much hax for haxless matchups, not sufficient hax for hax matchups, I'd think.
I do have a same problem on deciding matches for Pac-Man as well (not sure if an accepted 8-A calc makes it better, current base tiers are kind of oversaturated).

EDIT: Anyhow, join in if you want to.

Probably because of connections/similarities found by some people, though I honestly think he has better match-ups (like the one I finally finished with my friend).

Last edited:
Colette has Aerith, who is literally his FF version and is symphonia vs FF7, which are the "best games of their sagas" and like you posted, Klonoa is literally Rayman best fight by a mile
Late but, and I haven't made connections for it, but a lot of the people in my friend group are starting to like Rayman vs Kirby, including me.

The second best Rayman match up unless I remember another oner

Ristar would be the third if anything

Shantae the fourth
I've seen Rayman vs Mario also, and I think that one would be decent, if only for the fight animation.

My most disliked Rayman matchup I've seen is Rayman vs Crash Bandicoot. I honestly don't understand why that one is so popular; there are matchups that are both more thematic and fair for both.

My most disliked Rayman matchup I've seen is Rayman vs Crash Bandicoot. I honestly don't understand why that one is so popular; there are matchups that are both more thematic and fair for both.
Honestly, that's one of my least favorite matchups in general. The connections are terrible (if you don't stretch it beyond imagination, the only connections are just "goofy heroes from the PS1"), the dynamic is not that good since Rayman has way more stuff than Crash, and Rayman stomps Crash hard.
The second best Rayman match up unless I remember another oner

Ristar would be the third if anything

Shantae the fourth
Yeah, Kirby is easily my alt for Rayman and vice versa. I don't really like Ristar as it relies on Rayman 2's lore a bit too much and Shantae is just...alright.

Though besides Kirby, I do like Sonic for Rayman: cheerful, free-spirited heroes from the 90s who love nature and adventure, have a best friend whose intelligence is one of their main traits (Tails is incredibly smart while Globox is pretty dumb), and are idolized by most, including a girl associated with pink that has had a crush on them since childhood (Amy/Teensie Queen)

Back