• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayman General Discussion Thread

Hey gents.
Rayman 3>>>>>>Rayman 2
Rayman 2 has a better story, Rayman 3 has better gameplay, levels, characters (my opinion) and bosses

Rayman revolution-->
I would also say Rayman 2 has the better atmosphere, and Rayman 3 has the better music. I generally agree with these points though. I grew up with both Rayman Revolution and Rayman 3 so it is SO hard to choose a favorite personally lol.

I would also say Rayman 2 has the better atmosphere, and Rayman 3 has the better music. I generally agree with these points though. I grew up with both Rayman Revolution and Rayman 3 so it is SO hard to choose a favorite personally lol.
I messed up, I wanted to say "Rayman redemption" the fangame of Rayman 1 that is Rayman 1 being fair

Atmosphere depends because I found 60% of Rayman 2 levels "the same", while Rayman 3 has more variety, it could be me

Atmosphere depends because I found 60% of Rayman 2 levels "the same", while Rayman 3 has more variety, it could be me
Yeah, I'll give you that maybe. Rayman 3 has more variety in atmosphere, from Land of the Livid Dead to Desert of the Knaaren to The Summit Beyond the Clouds, etc. Rayman 2 levels are generally pretty similar in atmosphere, though they fit the generally darker nature of the story.

I did find Frost's blog and CSAP Rayman profile, so I can imagine how it might look :p

Though the blog post is missing a lot of things xD (I'm guessing the proper profile is in a sandbox)

I did find Frost's blog and CSAP Rayman profile, so I can imagine how it might look :p

Though the blog post is missing a lot of things xD (I'm guessing the proper profile is in a sandbox)
Here is the sandbox.

Yeah, I think the profile looks good.

Though looking at other Mario characters on vs battles wiki… why is base Mario only Island level? Looks like Rabbid Mario was changed too.

And on that note, could we potentially put the M+R verse at 4-B via scaling to Rayman? Rayman references the events of Legends in the DLC, implying that the mainline games are canon to the series.
Beats me, this is a bizarre circumstance lol. If we want to scale M+R to 4-B Rayman feats though, that would probably require a CRT.

Beats me, this is a bizarre circumstance lol. If we want to scale M+R to 4-B Rayman feats though, that would probably require a CRT.
I don't think we have enough proof the a CRT to be passed. The only evidence of Legends being canon to M+R is Rayman talking about his time in Castle Rock, a level that takes place right after the first boss (where you send one of the Teensies to space).

Rayman is snorting cocaine in the show
Oh it's edgy and eyeroll-worthy for sure... but I think that's kind of the point? That's the vibe I get.

That Velma show just seems cringeworthily pretentious and so separate from the franchise (the fact that it was originally a separate and completely unrelated show doesn't help it either) it doesn't even have the same appeal as potentially seeing Rayman in such an oddd environment... and at least it's something new in a franchise that's been dormant for so long, while Velma... I mean the Scooby-Doo franchise has already been fairly experimental and consistently popular since the 60s, it didn't need the Velma show to exist.

Oh it's edgy and eyeroll-worthy for sure... but I think that's kind of the point? That's the vibe I get.

That Velma show just seems cringeworthily pretentious and so separate from the franchise (the fact that it was originally a separate and completely unrelated show doesn't help it either) it doesn't even have the same appeal as potentially seeing Rayman in such an oddd environment... and at least it's something new in a franchise that's been dormant for so long, while Velma... I mean the Scooby-Doo franchise has already been fairly experimental and consistently popular since the 60s, it didn't need the Velma show to exist.
Velma show is the only thing that is worse, THAN DRAGON BALL EVOLUTION

Also, I just said that Rayman is snorting cocaine, I did not even know you were talking (in plural) about the show being better than the Velma one or anything about that

Also, snorting cocaine is fun (?(

I just said that Rayman is snorting cocaine, I did not even know you were talking (in plural) about the show being better than the Velma one or anything about that
What did you think I was talking about, if we were talking about the Velma show and then I say "even this show featuring Rayman can't be THAT bad xD"?

Obviously I'm saying this Captain Laserhawk thingy isn't as bad lol

Back