• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ranking the Nintendo Holy trinity

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
nintendo has made a lot of games these past decades but these three stand out the most. Mario, pokemon and Zelda.. however only 1 can be named king. in celebration for the breath of the wild and Mario Odyssey coming out later this year i have decided to make a thread about these three titles. which is your favorite and rank them from worst to best. here's mine

3.Mario

2.Zelda

1.Pokemon

stated the reason why you prefer the one over the other two

1) Pokemon (By a landslide. Plus it is the strongest Nintendo verse so that helps as well.)

2) Zelda (Zelda just seems to be cooler than Mario.)

3) Mario (Honestly, the only thing I like about Mario is Mario Party and Mario Kart.....)

Inb4 people remember Metroid is supposed to be there instead of Pokemon... ;_;

Implying that Metroid ever was anywhere near Pokémon.

Seriously, Metroid really dipped hard since its prime (No puns intended), while Pokémon is still extremely popular.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Implying that Metroid ever was anywhere near Pokémon.

Seriously, Metroid really dipped hard since its prime (No puns intended), while Pokémon is still extremely popular.
Don't lie, you totally intended to say that pun

No, as in the term refers to the 3 main 1985 - 1986 series. What you're thinking of is the 3 most popular ones.

1) Zelda (It is such a beautiful, harmonic, and imaginative series, with some great games within it)

2) Mario (I loved the original Mario Galaxy, but other than that, and the RPG with Dimentio, it does not really seem to have much of a story)

3) Pokemon (I have never been interested in this franchise)

Yeah Mario Galaxy 1 and Super Paper Mario are my favorite games both storywise and gameplay wise.

It's great that they also happen to be by far the two most powerful installments in the series :)

Well for my own list.

1. Pokémon (Playing all the games since HGSS to death.)

2. Mario (I've really enjoyed Sunshine and the Galaxies, but I haven't played much of the franchise)

3. Zelda (More due to lack of exposure than me dislking the franchise, really)

For my personal list:

1. Pokemon.

2. Zelda.

3. Mario.

I don't really play much Nintendo games and I never really got into Mario or Zelda (though I did watch the Super Mario Bros Super Show a few times when growing up and I played a lot of Super Mario World with my sisters as a kid). While I did grow up with Nintendo consoles, I mostly played third party games (Mega Man, Sonic and Catlevania by my three favorites) or other Nintendo series. My favorite Nintendo series not on the list are:

1. Fire Emblem.

2. Donkey Kong Country.

3. Kirby.

I only put Kirby on my list because its literally the only other Nintendo franchise I've ever played, other than about 5 minutes with Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters on the GameBoy.

I...don't really play video games as much as some people think I do.

Right. I honestly can't tell if you're more of a cartoon watcher or a digimon purist. And I found it surprising because it's well...me. Kirby isn't my favorite Nintendo franchise.

Back