• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so it feels much better to break these down to small parts. This is mostly Stella stuff, but some scaling will happen. First:

FTL+ Dragon Spirit
Currently Stella does not have speed amp given to her due to Dragon Spirit cus i wasn't sure if it did give that, but apparently, yes it does, it amps her speed just the same. Here is Ouma blitzing base Stella:

"And so right now, I have released those shackles. Do you know what this means?"

"´¢×´¢×´¢×´¢×´¢×´¢×´¢×......!"

Stella hurriedly held up her sword from those words, but...

"Too slow."

"KuhÔöÇÔöÇ"

The stone plate ring crumbled under Ouma's kick off, and he shortened the distance between the two in just one step.

Next, he swung his wind-wrapped sword three times before any interference.

Three flashes of slash, accompanied by the groan of atmosphere, assaulted towards her.

Any one of those could turn Stella into a speck of dust in the same instant.

Fast.
Compared to the speed of Twin-Wings's sword technique that Ikki imitated, that was moreÔöÇÔöÇ

Don't pay mind to that last "non-bolded part" cus it is not meant to be "it is faster than Ikki", it's just closer to Edelweiss' sword as ikki is shown to be far faster than Ouma later on. But anyway, after Ouma removed his "shackles" (armour), he start blitzing Stella hard. But here is what happens after Stella uses Dragon Spirit:

It was a roar that shook the atmosphereÔöÇÔöÇ

"Crimson Princess.....You, that voice, is......"

"Defend yourself. You may die."

Right after saying so, Stella crushed the distance of fifty meters between them with a speed similar to a bullet, arriving before Ouma's bosom.

And then she clenched her fist that was shining and then threw it at Ouma as if using her whole body behind it.

"ÔöÇÔöÇÔöÇÔöÇ!"

She broke through.

He could not dodge that fist.

This seems like enough of a proof that the amp does indeed include speed. As for the size of the amp:

As such, it was natural that the power output would be different.

Currently, Stella's physical ability was several tens of times greater than before.

So...30x is fair i guess.

This would put base Stella at a clean FTL+ rating.

Ouma scaling?
Yeah yeah we all kinda know the deal, ouma kinda kept up with Stella, but i don't think that's enough to warrant a FTL+ rating, but something that will get FTL+ rating is Amaterasu, Ouma's fastest sword strike. Even when used against DS Stella:

"Kyokujitsu Isshin RyuuÒâ╗Jin no Kyoku. ÔöÇÔöÇAmaterasu!"

"............!"

The white blade swung from the position after his body twisted to the limit fell onto Stella without a sound.

Despite just one strike, different from Ikki's Blade Steal, Ouma's Amaterasu, which had truly reached Twin-Wings's territory, exceeded the limit of reaction even for Stella with dragon's power dwelling inside her, Ryuuzume cut Stella's body diagonally.

It exceeded Stella's reaction speed even when she was in Dragon Spirit form. So that's a clean FTL+ for Amaterasu.

Ikki's Speed
Base Ikki, in volume 9 chapter 15, is actually far faster than he was before. And this is also proven when he clearly dodges strikes after Stella had already begun her attack:

But in the moment that he set himself to accept her thrust into his 'Madoka' counter, a vision of him losing his head flashed through his mind.

"…..!!!!"

Trusting in his intuition, Ikki shifted his neck to the right. In a moment, the wind pressure that was like a bullet passing through struck his eardrum.

(She created a vacuum next to my head with her sword..! What a thrust..!!)

He dodged her thrust at the last momet, more over, this Stella was stronger and faster than the time with Ouma.

She was faster and more powerful than he had expected. The air itself fled before her blade. The degree to which 'Dragon Spirit' increased her capabilities far exceeded Ikki's expectations. If he had received it with 'Madoka', his head would have been blown off if the timing didn't match. The possibility was insane.

"Faster and more powerful than he had expected". And his expectations are actually based off of her fight with Ouma.

And just as Ikki expected, she swung at him with the weight of her entire body behind her sword.

(I can counter this…!)

He had already determined what she was capable of and she was attacking just as he had predicted. The speed and angle were perfect. He can turn her own blade against her. And with this much power behind her swing, it would surely be enough to create an opening - which he'd use for 'Ittou Rasetsu'. Match over.

"!!!!!!!!!!!"

He tossed aside his plans as he flung himself out of the path of her blade. 'Laevateinn' slashed through empty air and struck the ground of the ring.

Furthermore, even before his last fight (which as stated by the comentator and analyst, he became faster than ever):

"Oho!! Kurogane has taken off! He isn't wasting any time! And he's fast!!"

"He is a knight with limited range. He has to bring the fight into his domain if anything is to happen. This was the obvious choice to make, but…"Kaieda kept a close watch. This speed was not normal. Ikki's rush this time was faster than anything they'd seen before.

Ikki had reacted to Amaterasu, and with Madoka no less (which needs a TON of movement, because he literally rotates after the attack), this is the previous expectation:

Ikki could now only move forwards.

As Ouma's Amaterasu would win in reach and speed, Ryuuzume would behead Ikki before Ikki's blade reached him.

but here:

Unfortunately, his stance was too poor.

With a position like that, there was no way he could take a blow with Ouma's weight.

"Onii-samaaa!"

Ouma crushed Ikki along with Intetsu with his weighted blow.

But in the moment it seemed that would happen, something nobody could believe happened before their eyes.

Somehow, in the next moment, the one who was blown away was Ouma.

So Ikki's a clean FTL+ for being significantly faster than both Ouma and even Stella after she had powered up (here is ikki Madoka-ing Stella just for more proof):

Stella moved to deliver finishing blow. In order to bring her victory in the Seven Stars, in order to for her to surpass the one she had chased for so long, this attack with her entire body would…!!!!

The blade slipped through muscle and bone with ease. The fresh blood that spurted into the air and splattered onto the white stone was a deeper crimson than the magma. The blood boiled as though it was on the verge of igniting.

"Eh………?"

It couldn't have been anyone else. It was the 'Crimson Princess' Stella Vermillion's, dragon blood.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!"

"H-He's countered! Just when you thought the match was over! Kurogane Ikki, who looked to be down for the count, has just counter-attacked!! He's sliced across Stella from bottom to top! What a reversal!!"

"It- It was 'Madoka'! He took the force of her attack and turned it back on her! I… I can't believe it! How could he manage it!"

Stella's speed...again (But wait there's more)
Ikki uses Ittou Shura, the thing we accept as a 10x boost here, that would make him far faster than Stella...and well it does, but due to Stella's pretty crazy Accelerated Development:

(The attacks her blade is returning are rapidly getting faster!)

'Madoka' is a technique that receives the impact from a blade and returning it back through circulation by rotating the body, but among the exchange of countless sword attacks the speed of Stella's strikes were increasing and so the rotation's initial motion wouldn't make it in time. She's growing. In the midst of this raging battle, Stella's body, her sword, was evolving at tremendous speed to overcome him. At this rate, he would be overtaken by her next attack. But…

Ikki became incapable of taking her hits with something as slow as Madoka continuously because Stella was actually approaching him in speed, however due to the unfairness of "talent" there was no way Ikki could win in a battle of growth against her:

Ikki could see it. For just a moment it had suddenly appeared, black iron rings - steel chains wrapped around his limbs like snakes, binding his movements. Stella charged at the retreated Ikki, clearly aiming for the win. Her blade sliced through the air towards him. Ikki needed to use back Madoka to counter it, but….

CLANG!

The chains around his body were tight, the weight desperately preventing his movements as if being connected to a mountain.

"K-Kurogane can't attack back! Can't reach back! He's entirely on the defensive!"

"O-Onii-sama?!" Shizuku screamed at the sight of her brother being suddenly forced back. Next to her, Arisuin was similarly perplexed.

"Why?! It looks like Ikki's movements suddenly became dull…."

"Could it be, 'Ittou Shura's' limit-"

But,

"That's not it." Moroboshi refuted their thoughts. Being one of the strongest people in the country, he could see far more than the other two. "Ittou Shura is still active. His movements hadn't dulled. It just relatively looked that way."

"Relatively, you mean.."

"Kurogane suddenly can't keep up with the Princess's movements any more…!"

Stella grew so much that not even Ittou Shura Ikki could keep up with her movement. So this would put Stella at MFTL speed.

So the final word on Stella's speed:

"Likely SoL, will eventually become FTL+ (in base). FTL+, will eventually become MFTL (in Dragon Spirit)"

Does this look good or should i just put it using her final speed ratings: "FTL+ (in base), MFTL in Dragon Spirit"

I'll let you guys decide, i don't mind either way. Just keep in mind, that she reached those via Accelerated Development/Reactive Power Level

Trackless Step
Finally!!! I discussed with Risci a bit and we reached the conclusion that Trackless Step should be Hypnosis, however not Magaical Mind Manipulation, but a natural, real life like Hypnosis. So Hypnosis for all users of Trackless Step (Ikki, Nene, Touka, Stella).

Possible High 7-A Ikki
This:

(I can counter this…!)

He had already determined what she was capable of and she was attacking just as he had predicted. The speed and angle were perfect. He can turn her own blade against her. And with this much power behind her swing, it would surely be enough to create an opening - which he'd use for 'Ittou Rasetsu'. Match over.

"!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ikki was confident he could end the match using Ittou Rasetsu (before he became a desperado and before he used Oikage which we accept as hax, meaning that's the only reason ikki does not scale to Stella). And here is Stella also stating (after the long accelerated development we talked above) that Ittou Rasetsu would have ended the fight:

The 'Crownless Sword King' and the 'Crimson Princess'. The final crossing of their blades. The one that started to charge, -it was Stella. She had already abandoned long-ranged battle using 'Katharterio Salamandra'. The reason was simple. If 'Ittou Rasetsu' is activated, he would be inside her swing and striking her down before 'Katharterio Salamandra' could even land the strike. Even if she tried to distance herself from him, the result would be the same. With the speed of Ikki using 'Itto Rasetsu', he could charge across the sea of magma before the bottoms of his shoes would burn down.

There is no victory at backing away. Then forward it is.

So i will leave this up for vote. Should Ittou Rasetsu Ikki scale to High 7-A via being capable of 1 shotting a full power Dragon Spirit Stella even after massive development to her power?

However this would mean that Ittou Shura Ikki is superior in strength to Base Stella and idk how i feel about that, you can vote on this.

Ikki's Madoka
I've been constantly battered with requests to give Ikki a tier for Madoka (his Attack Reflection) and even though i highly disagree, whatever majority decides here.

Should Ikki get a tier for his Madoka?

If yes we gonna have to add a "At least High 7-A with Madoka" to base Ikki's key, and that's about it (obviously in Ittou Shura that capablity would be far higher than even 10x due to speed and other things like that helping, but i am not about to give ikki 3 more AP ratings for something as stupid as this. So just a single High 7-A and then do the math yourself).

Ittou Shura Ikki being superior to base Stella doesn't seem that completely out of the question, especially since that was Stella while Amped.

I pretty much agree with everything else.

Ok then. That's 1 vote for High 7-A Ittou Rasetsu Ikki.

You also agree with a tier for Madoka i assume?

Im starting to like these kinds of CRT's cus there's no flame wars, just clear scaling. It's a lot less tiring.

Oh btw, about Stella's speed what do you think i should go for:

Likely SoL, will eventually become FTL+ (in base). FTL+, will eventually become MFTL (in Dragon Spirit)

or

FTL+ (in base), MFTL in Dragon Spirit

?

Swema fine to me, and I agree with all this. Not sure who scales to what, but I'll leave that to you guys.

Firephoenixearl said:
Oh btw, about Stella's speed what do you think i should go for:

Likely SoL, will eventually become FTL+ (in base). FTL+, will eventually become MFTL (in Dragon Spirit)

or

FTL+ (in base), MFTL in Dragon Spirit

?
@risci ^^^

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Hm... not sure? Guess the first is better if she needs to warm up to it every time.
She doesn't really need to warm up, it's just her evolving, think of Garou i guess.

> Right after saying so, Stella crushed the distance of fifty meters between them with a speed similar to a bullet, arriving before Ouma's bosom.

How do we end up with FTL+ from "speed similar to a bullet"?

From having SoL feats.

That is a really common way to describe movement, and I know authors that has a character that just crossed a galaxy show off by breaking the sound barrier.

Can you elaborate on those feats? That profile doesn't give any evidence or calc towards it.

The light in Mikoto's eyes instantly turned to magic.

Along her line of sight, sword-like pillars of ice burst out along the ground as they crossed the space between her and Stella, as though she intended to freeze it all.

ÒÇîOnce again, Tsuruya goes on the offensive, launching attack after attack of Satin Ice at Stella, who for her part is staying out of her vision! The Crimson Princess' mobility, too, is top-notch! Yet, why is she dodging this desperately? Satin Ice was easy meat for Empress Dress previously!ÒÇì

ÒÇîIt's...not the same as before. The technique itself is several times stronger. See, as far as I know, the Icy Sneer is only able to freeze a spherical space about 3 meters in diameter at the focal point of her vision. But right now, she is freezing everything in sight. The power of her Noble Art is now on a whole new level. That she had been hiding such an ace up her sleeve...shocking. A Noble Art like this might just be able to freeze the Crimson Princess' flames!ÒÇì

Even as Muroto spoke thus, the chance Mikoto had been waiting for arrived.

Stella had been dodging with swift steps, but she was hard-pressed to continue dodging a Noble Art that could reach lightspeed. The more she dodged desperately, the more her situational awareness waned, till she was hemmed in on either side by the walls of ice created by Satin Ice.

I strongly disagree with Trackless Step being hypnosis. It's literally perception manip. It works similar to Weather Report, in the sense that TS users can physically move in a way such that the conscious mind does not see the user moving towards them. However, unlike Weather Report, TS users are physically tricking the mind, and not manipulating sunlight into a message that only the subconscious can read. This leads me to believe that Trackless Step is more akin to perception manip than anything else.

Yes, but the perception is not being manipulated. The person's senses or mind are specifically not being affected. Slapping manipulation on it is heavily misleading. If anything, i'd say Weather Report should be the same if it has absolutely nothing to do with manipulating the mind or the senses.

Sir Ovens said:
I strongly disagree with Trackless Step being hypnosis. It's literally perception manip. It works similar to Weather Report, in the sense that TS users can physically move in a way such that the conscious mind does not see the user moving towards them. However, unlike Weather Report, TS users are physically tricking the mind, and not manipulating sunlight into a message that only the subconscious can read. This leads me to believe that Trackless Step is more akin to perception manip than anything else.
That is hypnosis though.

Real world hypnosis tricks your mind, altering your perception.

It's not using some supernatural means to alter the perception, it's the perception itself that gets tricked by the movement, which is textbook hypnosis.

Explain how someone not being able to see you in the gap of time you take to walk up to them isn't perception manip? Adjusting how others see you is also a form of perception manip, be it done supernaturally or physically.

Sir Ovens said:
Explain how someone not being able to see you in the gap of time you take to walk up to them isn't perception manip? Adjusting how others see you is also a form of perception manip, be it done supernaturally or physically.
Yeah, but it's done through hypnosis.

Empathic manip is mind manipulation, and someone can list "can make his enemies enraged at will" as both. What's important is that it's aknowledged that it's different from something like, say, Naruto characters controlling peoples nerves.

That's not hypnosis

Unless all perception manip in the whole wiki is hypnosis because "it alters your perception"

The explanation for the ability says it hides your existence under your opponent's conscious mind so that your movments are categorized as useless information and forgotten, this is just perception manip or mind manip that causes you to ignore them, and would only work against people who discard useless information anyway

Paul Frank said:
That's not hypnosis
Unless all perception manip in the whole wiki is hypnosis because "it alters your perception"

The explanation for the ability says it hides your existence under your opponent's conscious mind so that your movments are categorized as useless information and forgotten, this is just perception manip or mind manip that causes you to ignore them, and would only work against people who discard useless information anyway </div>
It's hypnosis because it does it by moving in a specific way. The movement of their body tricks the minds of those looking at them into viewing them as junk info.

The way you word it implies there is some magic power altering the way they see things.

Again, that's textbook perception manip. Hypnosis is "the induction of a state of consciousness in which a person apparently loses the power of voluntary action and is highly responsive to suggestion or direction. Its use in therapy, typically to recover suppressed memories or to allow modification of behaviour, has been revived but is still controversial."

That's not what is happening to TS victims. TS users never affect the opponent directly, they change themselves into a state where the opponent just doesn't think about them.

That "change themselves into a state" is literally just shifting the body and breath. So that does indeed sound like Hypnosis.

The opponent was making everything about herself imperceptible by shifting her breath and body a half-step, and by sliding into that interval, she had dodged the awareness locking onto her.

...What the hell kind of "Hypnosis" is that? Any hypnosist will say that they normally have full control of their actions...

Regardless, I guess? Same difference in the end, he isn't manipulating their perception with some magic or anything, just move in a way that gets the effect of real hypnosis. Important part is that resisting this isn't the same as resisting all perception manip.

Hypnoisis has to affect the other person though. If you're just affecting yourself, that's a variation of perception manip. Illusions are also perception manip, because they change the way people look at you but you never touch the other person on any level. Hypnosis has to affect the mind directly.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
...What the hell kind of "Hypnosis" is that? Any hypnosist will say that they normally have full control of their actions...
Regardless, I guess? Same difference in the end, he isn't manipulating their perception with some magic or anything, just move in a way that gets the effect of real hypnosis. Important part is that resisting this isn't the same as resisting all perception manip.
That's the google definition of hypnosis.

Sir Ovens said:
Hypnoisis has to affect the other person though. If you're just affecting yourself, that's a variation of perception manip. Illusions are also perception manip, because they change the way people look at you but you never touch the other person on any level. Hypnosis has to affect the mind directly.
What?

Hypnosis is achieved through moving stuff in a certain way (and sounds). You change the movement of those things, and that manages to change peoples mentality and perception.

Illusions, the ability on the wiki, is more about "createing false images".

Sir Ovens said:
That's the google definition of hypnosis.
I guess? You can ask anyone, and they will tell you that willing people can break out whenever, accidentally or not.

But doesn't really matter.

Are you telling me now that the trick where I pull out my thumb to impress my friends is now a form of hypnosis and not just a manipulation of angles to trick them into thinking I actually pulled my thumb? I'm literally forcing a perception to get them to believe what I'm doing is real.

Sir Ovens said:
Are you telling me now that the trick where I pull out my thumb to impress my friends is now a form of hypnosis and not just a manipulation of angles to trick them into thinking I actually pulled my thumb? I'm literally forcing a perception to get them to believe what I'm doing is real.
That is aa massice false equivalency and you know it. You are hiding your thumb there, putting something physical in its way.

Trackless Step puts themselves in a position where the enemies consciousness is tricked into not registering them despite the eyes seeing them clearly.

That is literally what perception manip is, they see them, but their conscious minds don't perceive them

It's clearly supernatural in it's mechanics. You're trying to sell this ability as something that can be done "naturally", but it just doesn't work when you think about it logically.

People who get tricked by Trackless Step just forget that time exists and that there is a set time between when the user disappears and reappears. They literally spend like, 5 seconds of their life not doing anything until the TS user reappears into their field of view.

Clearly, the TS users are doing more than just concealing themselves and they are manipulating the way the opponent percieves time as well.

This is "supernatural" the same way those that talk someone into killing themselves in a few sentences. It makes no logical sense, but trying to add some supernatural mind manipulation powers goes against what they actually are.

Falling into a trance just makes hypnosis even more fit, don't you think? The user moves their body in a certain way, and next thing you know their enemy is in a trance where they don't register the user charging at them.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Falling into a trance just makes hypnosis even more fit, don't you think? The user moves their body in a certain way, and next thing you know their enemy is in a trance where they don't register the user charging at them.
This is falling dangerously close into headcanon territory.

@Earl

If they don't forget that time exists, why don't they use their big brains to calculate how long they opponent has disappeared for instead of standing there like a doof for however long it takes their opponent to reach them?

Sir Ovens said:
This is falling dangerously close into headcanon territory.

@Earl

If they don't forget that time exists, why don't they use their big brains to calculate how long they opponent has disappeared for instead of standing there like a doof for however long it takes their opponent to reach them?
The user of Trackless Step controls their body and breathing to move in a very specific movent, and the oppopent is left in a daze and unable to percieve where they are.

Its not supernatural regardless, just stupid. Same way as Izuro being able to tell someone "yo why not kill yourself" and them doing it because he is that good a psychologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back