• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
LOL No wincon is the same as having no chance of winning. She has no chance of winning / no wincon or whatever you call It, not only because raiden can easily withstand all her attacks, but also because of reactive evolution that will make him insanely stronger. The "stomp" rule make It clear:

"A stomp thread is a VS thread where, for all intents and purposes, one of the characters is unreasonably outmatched by their opponent. Whether it is through a difference in statistics, abilities or even (in very rare cases) skill between the two parties, these matches are heavily one-sided and provide little to no challenge or danger for the winning character."

The Calaca said:
The 7.5x AP gap needed to one-shot isn't applied in scaling, only when comparing APs in a versus thread.
Meaning that one-shotting Raiden doesn't give you 840KT of AP.
yeah, i know, it's just more supporting evidence on top of the already calculated 7x gap gotten from the game itself, where Ripper Mode makes Raiden's attacks 7 times stronger

Beamgc said:
LOL No wincon is the same as having no chance of winning.
She has no chance of winning / no wincon or whatever you call It, not only because raiden can easily withstand all her attacks, but also because of reactive evolution that will make him insanely stronger. The "stomp" rule make It clear:

"A stomp thread is a VS thread where, for all intents and purposes, one of the characters is unreasonably outmatched by their opponent. Whether it is through a difference in statistics, abilities or even (in very rare cases) skill between the two parties, these matches are heavily one-sided and provide little to no challenge or danger for the winning character."
no, it's not. You can have a wincon and still have no chance of winning due to character or something else. And Raiden can't "easily withstand all her attacks", i never said that, what i said is that he won't get killed and will quickly adapt

If you have a wincon, you have a chance of winning.

If you don't, you don't.

Wincon is literally a win condition. Any scenario where a character can win, given any chance, is a win condition.

If there's no chance, there's no win condition.

not really. Let's take Raiden for instance, he has EMPs, which grant him a wincon (scenario in which he uses EMPs) but the fact is that it's not in-character for him to do so, which makes it so that (if his only wincon was EMPs) there's not a chance of him winning despite the fact that there is a situation in which he would win, it's simply highly unlikely to happen. That's what I think anyway, if you wanna call this a stomp and close it do it.

OoC moves have a chance behind, but unless it's extremely out of character, the wincon is valid.

Like throwing your opponent to space, which some people have argued before for characters with TK. Yes, they can, but if they have never thought of something like that, there's no reason to believe they'd in a fight where that's their only wincon.

They are basically equals, though 2B has more (yep, more) battle experience than Raiden and her evasion skills are superior. If we put her immortality in the picture, then she would win, sooner or later (unlike her, Raiden has only one try).

If 2B's immortality is not available, that's a stalemate, as Raiden's and 2B's powers counter each other really good.

Well, She is a hyper advanced robot, she should be able to reason much faster than any human who has ever existed. She can also use any weapon she finds on the ground with mastery and still execute complex blows with them. And since she has all the combat experiences of previous generations of Yorha who fought against machines for hundreds of years, then she must be immensely skilled. However, even if she is more skilled than raiden it will not help much.

You do know that Raiden in MGS2 learned to use a sword so well that he beat a guy who was significantly stronger than him, was dual wielding and a result of the Les Enfants terribles project after literally 5 minutes of getting the sword? You can clearly see that he had never held a sword before and after swinging it twice he can beat exoskeleton-using swordsmen. Jetstream Sam managed to defeat 10 armed men in a single room using only a sword as an average human without any enhancements through sheer skill alone, he also managed to understand every single piece of Raiden's psichology just by seeing him swing twice. MGR is an instanely skilled verse. 2B has literally no feat to top this amount of proficiency

>> he beat a guy who was significantly stronger than him, was dual wielding and a result of the Les Enfants terribles project after literally 5 minutes of getting the sword?

If you mean Solidus, he's probably one of the weakest bosses Raiden ever faced. You should have gone with Monsoon instead. Solidus wouldn't pose any trouble in Nier universe for any of the major characters.

? What? How is he one of the weakest when he's 1 the strongest among the Dead Cell members 2 fodderized an army of RAYs? And who cares about AP here? I brought up Solidus because he was 1 extremely skilled with swords 2 dual wielding 3 naturally more skilled than any other human due to his origin 4 physically superior to Raiden at that point, I never brought up Solidus' power like "he's stronger than 2B", it was just an example of Raiden's skill, something that never happened against Monsoon, so why should i have brought him up?

They're saying this is a stomp for Raiden, I personally don't think so but whatever, if you agree this is a stomp just close this.

Eh, I don't really think this is a stomp. I'm not sure how Raiden's catching up in power works tho. Also, can't she fly?

The real cal howard said:
Eh, I don't really think this is a stomp. I'm not sure how Raiden's catching up in power works tho. Also, can't she fly?
neither do I, but hey, that's what they are saying. Raiden's RPL is passive and takes him from getting no-sold and one-shotted to being stronger than his opponent in around a minute

There is so much to consider here I mean a lot of 2bs abilities are percentage based could raiden withstand his own attacks because there is a 50% chance all damage will be reflected back to him at a big markup and there is a I believe 80% chance 2b will resurrect at full health without the yorha network and she becomes completely invulnerable for 6 seconds each time she gets hit so there is so much to consider

Back