• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
oh right, thought Raiden was like 200 kt, misremembered. Still, a 6x AP difference is less than what he covered in like 1 minute against Armstrong

I'm not sure if Raiden is more experienced. Is it not said in the game that with each generation of Yorha that is destroyed their memories and combat skills are passed on to the next generation? this means that 2b has a few hundred years of combat experience

It's on her profile. She slows time whenever she performs a perfect dodge.

2b doesn't even need the chip her pods can also slow down time. As well as constantly spam shoot at raidan from range

Plus her chips have a 50% chance to reflect damage at her opponents doubled.

not saying 2b doesn't win. Just bringing up more points.

The fact here is that Raiden starts off with a barrage of one-shotting attacks that are 10x faster than 2B, she can have all the fancy hax you want, but if they don't get her past this there won't even be a fight

SBA which I assume are being used. put these two at quite the distance from eachother letting 2B open with ranged attacks and time slow.

So raidans opening move requires him to cover said distance before 2B hits him with slow.

distance isn't specified, we can't assume it's anything more than extended melee range, and I'm 99% sure it's not in character for 2-B to start with the slow

Just to clarify, if Raiden uses a very strong attack he could end up killing himself in the process due to attack-reflection. If 2B manages to dodge an attack from him then he is screwed too, because she can simply decapitate him while time is slow with her superior AP. Things like anti gravity can also counter raiden speed. Also, pods should be able to hack him.

@twellas from the standard battle assumption page.

"Starting distance: The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. For example, if one character has a range of 10 meter and the other has a range of 20 meter they start 20 meter apart. However if the range of one character is 10 meter and the range of the other is 5 kilometer, they start only 4 kilometer apart. If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread."

so they would be a solid kilometer/couple hundred meters apart since both have peak ranges at over a hundred meters with weapons.

as for it not being in character for 2B to start with slow... to be fair most her fights are in game

where it's play choice.

Beamgc said:
Just to clarify, if Raiden uses a very strong attack he could end up killing himself in the process due to attack-reflection. If 2B manages to dodge an attack from him then he is screwed too, because she can simply decapitate him while time is slow with her superior AP.
Things like anti gravity can also counter raiden speed. Also, pods should be able to hack him.
Raiden can easily tank stuff from people 7 times stronger than he is, he won't even feel his own attack double, and his reactive power level is capable of bringing him from being one-shotted to being superior in literally a minute. Except you cannot dodge an attack that is 10 times faster than you without some hax. I could say the same thing about EMPs, Raiden throws one and she's fried, while Raiden is constantly uneffected by hacking in general.

Jesterofgames said:
@twellas from the standard battle assumption page.
"Starting distance: The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. For example, if one character has a range of 10 meter and the other has a range of 20 meter they start 20 meter apart. However if the range of one character is 10 meter and the range of the other is 5 kilometer, they start only 4 kilometer apart. If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread."

so they would be a solid kilometer/couple hundred meters apart since both have peak ranges at over a hundred meters with weapons.

as for it not being in character for 2B to start with slow... to be fair most her fights are in game

where it's play choice.
2-B has "kilometers" only with flight unit (which she doesn't have) and the pod's laser, nothing about the slow.

don't even take into account 2B's ap advantage, because it gets covered within the first minute of the fight and Raiden has tanked non-stop beating from a guy whose AP is possibly comparable to 2B's, which means that she won't even be able to kill him before the RPL kicks in and eventually makes him stronger than her

I didn't say she could use slow at kilometers. i said the disrance at the start could let her use slow before Raidan hits her. Admitedly I could have worded my argument however the distance between the two makes it so Raidan can't just blade mode and end the fight like you suggest.

SpookyShadow said:
>7 times stronger than he is
I'm completely siding with Jack here, but when did he fight with someone 7X stronger?
Armstrong. He scales above Monsoon, who's comparable to RM Jack, who is around 7x base Jack (that calc), on top of that Dok states that Armstrong could oneshot Raiden, and in this wiki the gap needed to oneshot someone is around 7x

Jesterofgames said:
I didn't say she could use slow at kilometers. i said the disrance at the start could let her use slow before Raidan hits her. Admitedly I could have worded my argument however the distance between the two makes it so Raidan can't just blade mode and end the fight like you suggest.
The distance doesn't change the fact that as soon as he gets in range he BMs and turns her into salsa and that 2B has never canonically opened a match with the slow. "Most of the fights being in-game" is irrelevant, the same thing goes for Raiden but we still know what is in character for him to do and viceversa. If 2B never canonically opened a match with the Slow we can't assume she will here.

Can 2B snipe Raiden with pod laser? It would be a more sensible opener if they start the fight at a considerable distance from each other.

Twellas said:
Raiden can easily tank stuff from people 7 times stronger than he is, he won't even feel his own attack double, and his reactive power level is capable of bringing him from being one-shotted to being superior in literally a minute. Except you cannot dodge an attack that is 10 times faster than you without some hax. I could say the same thing about EMPs, Raiden throws one and she's fried, while Raiden is constantly uneffected by hacking in general.
Simple, If raiden can survive everything 2b does and get 10 times faster and stronger then this is a stomp / blitz. It should be closed.

Beamgc said:
Twellas said:
Simple, If raiden can survive everything 2b does and get 10 times faster and stronger then this is a stomp / blitz. It should be closed.
2b starts with the higher AP, which means this cannot be classified as a stomp, even if said AP difference doesn't really effect Raiden

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Can 2B snipe Raiden with pod laser? It would be a more sensible opener if they start the fight at a considerable distance from each other.
Raiden has extensive knowledge of deflecting and dodging projectiles, and since speed is equalised, the pod's laser is just as fast as he is

Is projectile speed equalized tho? Like, it's hard to see a Sub-Rel Laser, or for example Superhuman bullet.

And it would be probably hard to block a energy laser

She TECHNICALLY still has the "punch the shit outta him" wincon, it's just borderline impossible for it to happen

SpookyShadow said:
Is projectile speed equalized tho? Like, it's hard to see a Sub-Rel Laser, or for example Superhuman bullet.
And it would be probably hard to block a energy laser
speed equal means all attacks are equalized, unless they are speed multipliers. Raiden can just ninja run and cover the entirety of the area in front of him

And it's not even 2B shooting the lasers, it's the pod, which is somewhat separate from 2B but still falls under the equalization

Twellas said:
2b starts with the higher AP, which means this cannot be classified as a stomp, even if said AP difference doesn't really effect Raiden
Stomp = you have no chance of winning. Higher Ap is useless if it has no effect. Invalid thraid thats said.

No, Stomp=you have no wincon, it's very different from not having a chance of winning, which falls under the "decisive" match on this wiki, and thus not a stomp.A stomp accurs when one of the characters literally doesn't have a single way to win the fight whatsoever, but in this case 2B does have a wincon (ap stomping), it's just EXTREMELY unlikely to happen

The 7.5x AP gap needed to one-shot isn't applied in scaling, only when comparing APs in a versus thread.

Meaning that one-shotting Raiden doesn't give you 840KT of AP.

Back