• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the old match of them was outdated and zoro got upgrades from there.

Both are 8-B

MGS2 Raiden and East Blue Zoro is Used

Speed is Equalized

Jack The Ripper: 9(Acker123,GoldExPoints,Baken384,Gabs22_Gamer,Speedster353,Popted2,Harith0cell,AnAverageUsername,AdNIBN002)

metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty.jpg

Pirate Hunter:

91-917396_roronoa-zoros-outfit-during-the-skypiea-arc-one-piece-zoro-skypiea.png

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
The point is that raiden can also kill zoro, besides the fact that nobody will be able to block each other's attack, otherwise they will die instantly

It is more a battle of skill than anything else

Last edited:
I'm a bit out of my depth here since I don't know much about Metal Gear, but I'll try my best.

Raiden scales to Snake, who scales to Big Boss, who scales to Volgin, who's 8-B (23.55 tons)
Zoro scales to Luffy who scales to Laboon, who's 8-B+ (84.623 tons)
So that's a ~3.6x AP and Dura difference for Zoro, but Raiden's duraneg pretty much oneshots Zoro.

Raiden looks a lot more versatile with all of these gadgets, Zoro seems to have the range advantage but Lugh likes to start his combatants in Standard Melee Range so it doesn't really matter. How good is Raiden's skill? Because besides AP, that seems to be Zoro's only advantage

Defeated or killed some trained soldiers, and has many more kill count than anyone on his team and became the captain of the team he did all that while he was 10 years old. Killed Solidus Snake who is a Skilled Soldier and a clone of Big Boss and Raiden learned how to use a sword in a few minutes

Tbh i'm kinda lazy rn so can't explain thoroughly

Zoro could defeat most adult swordsmen in his village at 8 years old (though Raiden's definitely sounds more impressive since they're actual soldiers instead of just civilians who picked up a sword because they felt like it). He also created his own sword style at age 8, the one he continues to use today.
He was also renowned enough for Baroque Works, a criminal organization that had a major nation in the palm of its hand, to approach him for the position of a numbered agent. He also killed one of their numbered agents in the process.
His most impressive skill feat tho (in East Blue) is defeating Hatchan, a master swordsman who uses 6 swords, which are all controlled by 6 tentacles that all have individual/independent Instinctive Reactions from each other.

In the 80's fought in a civil war, and was considered the best child soldiers who fought in the conflict. When he's barely 10 years old he became the platoon leader of a small boy unit a group of highly trained children. And Defeated Vamp twice and capable of head shotting him while not hitting Vamp's hostage although the girl got stabbed by Vamp, Vamp can easily dodge bullet in small distances. Defeated and Killed Solidus Snake in a sword fight who's a skilled swordsman and amped by his Exo Skeleton, and he is also the one who trained raiden. Capable of fighting multiple Metal Gear Ray every time he defeats one another one will replace the other.

Hmm... beating Exoskeleton Solidus seems to be his best skill feat so far, yeah. I feel like Zoro beating Hatchan's more impressive tho, but at the same time Raiden already has so many advantages that Zoro's skill is rendered kind of moot

Last edited:
Hmm... beating Exoskeleton Solidus seems to be his best skill feat so far, yeah. I feel like Zoro beating Hatchan's more impressive tho, but at the same time Raiden already has so many advantages that Zoro's skill is rendered kind of moot
I don’t see why this is better than Raiden skill feats. Raiden was beating a perfect clone of big boss using an eco suit that enhances his stats to beyond superhuman whilst havin never used a sword before. Was a legendary war hero at age 10. Raiden beat several mechanical monsters all stronger than him. He also outskilled a superhuman vampire who can predict moves via muscle movement. I don’t think beating a guy with octopus sword style really compares to what Raiden has done.

Hell, Solidus has tentacles as well and Raiden killed him with a sword OVO

Wasn't there also a theory or something that implied the Metal Gear Games that you play as Solid Snake in were VR Missions during Raiden's Training? If that was true then God Damn Raiden is a monster in skill.
IIRC, Raiden basically played VR of all of snakes missions, up to the tanker incident. You could say this puts him at comparable skill to MgS1 snake

Raiden should slightly be below Snake in terms of skill. Snake said something about VR Missions aren't exactly 100% accurate to the missions their recreating such as the Tanker incident but still, his skill is still really really good.

I will most likely vote for Raiden here.
Raiden's weapon arsenal is good for both long and close ranged combat, if needed to go long ranged, he has his guns to use (That does piercing damage). If he does go for close ranged combat, his HF Blade Hax would be deadly as hell and could easily maul through Zoro and his swords like butter.
Also, Raiden's skill such as being a child soldier, trained under Solidus Snake (The clone of Big Boss) and completing various amounts of VR Training that is almost as effective as actual field training. I'm not knowledgeable about Zoro's skill but Raiden should at least be comparable to Zoro.

Yeah, Raiden has way too many advantages that there's nothing much that Zoro can do here. His only advantage is AP and it's not even enough to one-shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back