• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragyo Kiryuin vs Lord Boros

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Ragyo second form
Render 2

In character, no prior knowledge or prep time, speed equalized, Unsealed Boros vs Second Form Life Fiber Domination Ragyo. Who wins?

Ragyo - 7

Boros - 3

Inconclusive - 0

Ragyo's AP hasn't changed though. Her value is simply Multi-Continent now due to the revision.

If Boros's High 6-A form was considered too high for her back then, it should be now as well.

Apparently the previous Boros vs KLK was still considered a somewhat fair match. And it was against Ryuko, not Ragyo who is considerably stronger than her.

So with that, I think Ragyo's flight would give her an initial edge.

However Boros's greater combat experience, his (presumable) edge in AP, and extremely high jumps would help counter that.

Ragyo could use her greater lifting strength to restrain Boros and force him into outer space, but it seems rather likely that Boros is capable of surviving in space. So that most likely wouldn't work.

They also have the same level of Regenerationn.

And (while Ragyo's range shouldn't be as low as her profile says) it'd still be lower than Boros's with his shockwaves.

All around it seems like Boros has the edge in combat.

The only thing I am rather uncertain of is if Ragyo chooses to use her Mind Control, which Boros has no established resitance against. Especially not one as massive in scope as Ragyo's. If she doesn't, then I believe Boros would win.

Well she could've mind control satsuki, but she chose not to. So I think boros has the edge in this fight with a bit more combat experience.

Well satsuki isn't ryuko. I don't remember anywhere in the show that showed ragyo using the threads to mind control satsuki.

KillitwithC4 said:
Well satsuki isn't ryuko. I don't remember anywhere in the show that showed ragyo using the threads to mind control satsuki.
There wouldn't be any point trying to control Satsuki, Ryuko was considerably stronger without even being synchronized. She chose not to because she wanted to punish her for her betrayal, which is why she beat her senseless.

Also, regarding Boros' regen. It says he won't be able to regen if his energy runs out. Ryuko's regen didn't seem to require energy, I doubt Ragyo's is any different. She could play the attrition game. Does Boros have any way to stop her regen?

ScarletFirefly said:
KillitwithC4 said:
There wouldn't be any point trying to control Satsuki, Ryuko was considerably stronger without even being synchronized. She chose not to because she wanted to punish her for her betrayal, which is why she beat her senseless.
Also, regarding Boros' regen. It says he won't be able to regen if his energy runs out. Ryuko's regen didn't seem to require energy, I doubt Ragyo's is any different. She could play the attrition game. Does Boros have any way to stop her regen?
That'll only be a real issue if Boros chooses to sacrifice all his power to either BFR Ragyo (which might be a bad idea) or uses his final Roaring Cannon. But then again in both cases he could use the Roaring Cannon afterwards. So stamina shouldn't really be an issue unless he pulls the big guns and if he does, well, that won't be fun for RAgyo.

@Crop A Mach 1370 who can fly, breath in space and has Class T lifting strength wouldn't get BFR'd by being kicked to the moon. She'd return with just as much difficulty as Saitama like WB said.

Also you're assuming this kick is certain to land, which with speed equal, she also has high likelyhood to dodge or block it.

Boros's power doesn't have a range of 511.71 petatons to one exaton.

That calc had a value which was accepted by everyone including the calcer to be 511.71. And then he briefly brought up that it could be one exaton assuming it could vaporize the entire ocean, which he then dismissed, called that an extreme end and then said the final tally is 511.71 petatons. So, at least according to that particular calc, Boros is not stronger than Ragyo.

I specifically said BFRing Ragyo was a bad die since as Ryukama just said, she'll just fly back.

On the other hand, it's not exactly something too unbelievable if the attack was deflected upwards and away from the sun, considering it didn't hit the ocean. Of course that doesn't mean it's certainly going to vaporize the ocean but at the same time the databook has already implied the possibility of it being planetary in level of destruction.

Either way mind haxx could potentially be useless here and intelligence is definitely on Ragyo's side, but on the other hand I feel like Boros has more range game and more experience.

I think since the exact value of Boros' High 6-A form is rather uncertain, it might be better to just assume it being somewhat equal to Ragyo, as many other matches do if one of the characters' AP is unknown/could vary.

Boros would certainly have a combat advantage due to his range and experience, but how would her mind hax be useless? Since Boros has no resistance to it.

Ragyo's mind hax also has the ability to control people's memories.

Straight up removing unfavorable memories and replacing them with complete fabrications that they vividly feel to be true.

Such as when she made Ryuko believe she had a lovely childhood with caring parents.

If she refits Boros's mind, she could take away his combat experience or make him think Ragyo has always been his leader.

Well, if we're assuming Boros is as strong (despite a calc proving otherwise) then Boros for reasons above.

@Thunder the form of Boros being used can't planetbust, Ragyo has the same level of Boros's regen and can take away his combat experience.

For me, I think if they're to actually fight, Boros would have an edge, but Ragyo wouldn't not use her mind control out of arrogance/morality or anything. Especially against a a stranger that's overpowering her. And even if for some reason Ragyo felt the desire to hold back or spare Boros, she could literally remove that compassion from her brain.

I think for my reasons earlier, while not completely outmatched, Boros would have the advantage in combat. And due to the overpowering Ragyo would go to her mind hax, which at that point it's over for Boros.

Eh, I've never seen Boros resisting Mind Hax like those of Ragyo. While he should have an edge in direct combat, with his BFR not being that useful here, Ragyo's regen should allow her to last long enough for a mind hax to happen.

All in all, leaning on Ragyo with mid to high diff.

I'm slightly siding with Boros here. Pretty sure that in raw strength and AP, Boros has the slight edge (even if the planet busting possibility ain't fully accepted). Boros, iirc, can somehow sense how powerful his opponent is or atleast have an idea how strong they are. Since Ragyo is at Boros' level, I'm sure he'd be pumped up and give her a flurry of attacks like he did to Saitama with minimal pauses. Whereas Ragyo is pretty arrogant and would probably take Boros lightly at first, especially since Boros is an alien without any Life Fibers.

There's the problem of mind hax though and Boros haven't shown any kind of resistance to it. Although seeing as Boros is probably very, very old in Earth standards, wouldn't you guys think erasing and/or replacing that huge amount of memory would take way more than just a second?

Ragyo can wipe nearly 20 years worth of memories instantly (the other Honouji Students) and Mental Refitting isn't something you can resist or fight back while undergoing unless having an explicit resistance.

Boros having a lot of memories seems rather inconsequential.

And Ragyo may be arrogant but she doesn't do stuff like let an opponent win a fight or not use a move cause she thinks it's unfair. She specifically has the ability to make herself bloodlusted if she catches herself holding back. Which even then she only held back on one her daughters. Complete strangers or even other family members she doesn't care about.

Ragyo would get overpowered in combat in my opinion. But speed equal, flight, her insane stamina and Regenerationn could let her last long enough to resort to mind hax.

In case my vote wasn't counted, going for Ragyo because her regen will eventually trump Boros' as I already mentioned. Also the mind hax advanatage explained above is a factor.

@Ryu

Point taken about Ragyo lasting long enough to resort to mind hax.

So, this all boils down to what'll happen if Ragyo attempts mind hax. I admit saying that Boros has significantly more memories than anyone Ragyo memory replaced is a weak argument. My last defenses would be:

>Can Ragyo do all the aforementioned mind hax and memory manipulation whilst being on an active hand-to-hand combat where it'd take her all to keep up? (Sorry, I forgot how the exact scene of her memory wiping/mind controlling actually played out)

>Do this memory manipulation work several times on one person? Because if it's done successfully, then she'll get a free hit to Boros and that could make Boros aggressive against her again.

If the answers are yes to both questions I'll vote for Ragyo too.

@Scarlet

I would think Boros would be able to bypass Ragyo's regen through AoE attacks that could destroy her entire body. Like that one energy attack he used against Saitama for example (not the Cannon) and ofc, the Roaring Cannon of his.

@IrMaXuS She started mind controlling people while in the middle of fighting Satsuki, so I don't see why it shouldn't be combat applicable.

And Ragyo's metal refitting once again can't be resisted while she's performing it, unless one is resitant to mind hax. The second she initiates it Boros gets incapacitated by it.

Also Ragyo's mind control was able to make someone want to kiss the person who killed their dad. I doubt her hitting Boros would make him pissed at her with the new personality she can assign him.

Which even then she could just remove the negative memory and make him absolutely love her again.

Well, she can fight comfortably with Satsuki while against Boros, as you said, she'd be slightly overpowered in terms of combat.

Also, would that someone happen to be Ryuko wanting to kiss Nui? I also forgot that scene apparently. But either way, my point is that Ragyo may trigger some aggression if she hits Boros post-mind control (she'd have to hit him hard and more than once to end him). That someone may have her memories of her dad being killed less significant, hence wanting to kiss the perp.

Oh, then I guess it'd work twice against the same person huh? Huge disadvantage to Boros, then.

My point is, if Ragyo can alter Ryuko's mind so much that she wants to kiss Nui, basically the equivalent of making Batman want to kiss Joe Chill or Superman get the hots for Darkseid, then I am certain she can do enough warping to Boros's personality that he doesn't care that Ragyo hit him. And inherit anger doesn't negate mind hax if you don't have a resistance towards it.

Ragyo beating up the other Honouji students and nearly killing Satsuki, who they essentially worship as a god, would've certainly made them enraged at her. But that didn't stop her from being able to control them.

Seems so far

Ragyo: 6 (Scarlet, Grand, Core, Fate, Yomi and I)

Boros: 4 (Crop, C4, ThunderClap and [currently] IrMaXuS)

While most of ThunderClap's reasons didn't seem adequate considering he argued Boros having a power he doesn't have for this match, and a power Ragyo has as well, he brought up experience which (while I don't agree would win for him for my other reasons) I guess is still adequate enough to count as a vote.

@Ryu

Point taken again, I guess she does have an option to make Boros' personality allow her to harm him. At this point, looks like I'd have to concede about Ragyo's mindcontrol, once successfully done, being the decisive factor. But before I side with Ragyo completely, I'd like to see the scenes (if you remember which episodes they are) where Ragyo used her mind control and memory manipulation. Because I read in KlK's wiki that she has to stich Life Fibers into the victim to do so, and if it is true, I could still argue for Boros. Since I firmly believe she'd overwhelm Ragyo in combat. If Boros manages to zip around and continue barraging Ragyo without letting her have a breather, he could avoid getting mind stitched.

Also, one stupid question regarding speed equalizing. Does speed equalizing take into account speed enhancing techniques or only the general/average speed output of the characters? For example in this case, would Ragyo, who doesnt have a speed enhancing technique, be considered equal in speed compared to Meteoric Burst-enhanced Boros? Or would it be Ragyo will be equal in speed to unenhanced Boros?

Tbh, I'm really undecided currently. I originally came here believing Boros would win but it Ryu gives some good points on how Ragyo will take this.

IrMaXuS said:
Also, one stupid question regarding speed equalizing. Does speed equalizing take into account speed enhancing techniques or only the general/average speed output of the characters?
Everything is equalized, so speed amping abilities are nullified

@IrMaXus Thanks for the kind words. And yes I also agree that Boros overwhelms her in dircet combat for reasons I put above. Though Ragyo is not completely outmatched. She still has flight, instant regenertation that doesn't rely on stamina and greater raw strength for grappling close up.

And mind stitching is not something particularly difficult to pull of. And once again this isn't something that can be resisted while she's doing it.

It's not like Ragyo can just put a stitch in Boros head, and Boros will be able to fight back until she is completely done with the Mental Refitting. The instant she initiates the attack (which is as simple to her as throwing a punch or a kick) then Boros gets incapacitated.

What you seem to be suggesting is that Ragyo's mind stitching takes time to pull off (which actually it's an immediate attack), that it'll take Ragyo a long time to finish it (which considering 20 years rewritten is an instant process, that isn't really the case) or that Boros can fight back while she is stitching, which he can't unless he had a natural resistance to mind attacks.

Also another thing to remember is Ryuko already has an inherit resistance to Mind Attacks. So naturally rewriting her would taker greater time and difficulty. To people without a resistance, like the Honnouji Students or Boros in this case, she has shown to be able to do it instantly and without trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back