• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(R1M8) 8-B Shooters Tournament: Johnny Test VS The Smith Syndicate

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hub

Time to continue this tournament off with the match as the firey haired kid with a turbo-charged backpack who is used as a lab rat, Johnny Test (nominated by @RandomGuy2345), fights the elite group of assassins, the Smith Syndicate (nominated by @Armorchompy)!

Rules stated in the tournament hub.

Who wins?

Johnny Test:

The Smith Syndicate: 7 (Armorchompy, JustANormalLemon, Adem Warlock69, Popted2, FantaRin The First, Peppersalt43, Psychomaster35)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Smith Syndicate is basically on top of a huge ass skill chain (Having debated vs Test in the past I would say they have a huge advantage), can lock onto the enemy's weak points, their bullets can pulverize limbs they hit so no stamina-ing one's way out of it and also they get seven tries on this fight by virtue of what they are.

So what stops jhonny from time stoping ant them shooting the 7 of them down? after all he is very smart whem using susan adn marry inventions and something like this would be his first move

Beyond the fact that I seriously doubt that, they don't all appear at once, only one Smith can be at a time, the rest is just chilling in a pocket dimension, with them being capable of swapping around the "active body". Hence, seven tries.

Beyond the fact that I seriously doubt that, they don't all appear at once, only one Smith can be at a time, the rest is just chilling in a pocket dimension, with them being capable of swapping around the "active body". Hence, seven tries.
Them jhonny just hax one by one

Or Kevin Smith becomes invisible before engaging Johnny and slits his throat. Or KAEDE (or anyone else really) snipes him from afar. Or Johnny doesn't use his hax immediately (which I doubt he would) and simply loses the fight.

wait a minute why is Johnny allowed to use ALL his weapons, he would have too much hax for being allowed

wait a minute why is Johnny allowed to use ALL his weapons, he would have too much hax for being allowed
Agree
Or Kevin Smith becomes invisible before engaging Johnny and slits his throat. Or KAEDE (or anyone else really) snipes him from afar. Or Johnny doesn't use his hax immediately (which I doubt he would) and simply loses the fight.
Time stop goes brrrrrrrrr

not to mention he would be fling as he has the turbo action backpack

How does timestop counter an invisible foe walking up to you (or under you) and throwing a knife in your neck? He would literally have no reason to expect the fight to still be continuing after killing the first guy.

And you still are refusing to acknowledge my arguments that Johnny wouldn't use timestop so optimally.

How does timestop counter an invisible foe walking up to you (or under you) and throwing a knife in your neck? He would literally have no reason to expect the fight to still be continuing after killing the first guy.

And you still are refusing to acknowledge my arguments that Johnny wouldn't use timestop so optimally.
He would, he is pretty smart with the inventions and really a lot on their haxs, and would Keving be the first one to come out?

Smith Syndicate is basically on top of a huge ass skill chain (Having debated vs Test in the past I would say they have a huge advantage),
Not arguing against that. Fair point.

can lock onto the enemy's weak points, their bullets can pulverize limbs they hit so no stamina-ing one's way out of it and also they get seven tries on this fight by virtue of what they are.
Johnny's dodging those bullets pretty easily.

So what stops jhonny from time stoping ant them shooting the 7 of them down? after all he is very smart whem using susan adn marry inventions and something like this would be his first move
Johnny is heavily reliant on his equipment, but it's hard to determine which item he'd open with, as it's never been clearly depicted in the show which item Johnny likes to open with. The episodes formula is basically Johnny gets an item, he spams the item to oblivion, and then either the item has a malfunction or Johnny makes an ignorant decision. There's also been occasions where the item of the day is used as a weapon to save the day. And whenever the item makes another appearance in the show, it gets used. So while Johnny is heavily reliant on his equipment, it's never depicted which one he opens with.

Johnny can sense events happening without seeing them, so becoming invisible goes out the window. Also, Johnny can just Time Stop. Plus, Johnny can just counter with his own invisibility (via the Electro Chromatic Blanket). Johnny has a few options to counter sniping (Invisibility, using Body Control to avoid headshots, etc.).

I did request that Johnny get some of his equipment, as having all of his weapons would most likely be too much for the tournament. Plus he has 2 items that make him far surpass the AP limit (Bionic Arm and Portable Black Hole) that need to be restricted.

How does timestop counter an invisible foe walking up to you (or under you) and throwing a knife in your neck?
Johnny can literally press a button on a watch and time stops. Here's a demonstration. This is far faster than an invisible foe walking up to you or a knife being thrown at your neck. Becoming invisible might honestly be a detriment to the Syndicate here, as Johnny will become more desperate to find the Syndicate, which means he will be more likely to Time Stop right then and there, easily giving him the advantage in the fight.

Johnny's dodging those bullets pretty easily.
Eeeeehhhhhh, between the superior skill, capability of automatically locking onto his various body parts or weak spots, the fact that some of the Smiths have access to automatic gunfire or partial homing, I doubt he's lasting that long.
Johnny can sense events happening without seeing them, so becoming invisible goes out the window. Also, Johnny can just Time Stop. Plus, Johnny can just counter with his own invisibility (via the Electro Chromatic Blanket). Johnny has a few options to counter sniping (Invisibility, using Body Control to avoid headshots, etc.).
Being capable of sensing one thing happening doesn't mean the ESP is precise enough to track an invisible opponent.

Also, his own invisibility is countered by Con who has daredevil-like hearing.
Johnny can literally press a button on a watch and time stops. Here's a demonstration. This is far faster than an invisible foe walking up to you or a knife being thrown at your neck. Becoming invisible might honestly be a detriment to the Syndicate here, as Johnny will become more desperate to find the Syndicate, which means he will be more likely to Time Stop right then and there, easily giving him the advantage in the fight.
I mean, time stop and then what? When time is stopped he can't really find an invisible guy, whose invisibility timer (roughly 1 minute) isn't gonna run out while he's frozen.

Also I should say, the Smiths have some specters bound to them with ESP that often give them advice, so after the first death (assuming Johnny doesn't lose the first fight which could very well happen) they might get some intel on Johnny through that.

Eeeeehhhhhh, between the superior skill, capability of automatically locking onto his various body parts or weak spots, the fact that some of the Smiths have access to automatic gunfire or partial homing, I doubt he's lasting that long.
In addition to that, Dan's analytical prediction is out of this world, he's capable of following and predicting every single bullets in a firefight against a hundred-something opponents (the fan translation here is kinda shit here i'm afraid, it's the only one of this story. Still I assume the general meaning was carried through)

Long enough to use his hax to end the fight, which Johnny will not hesitate to use the moment he realizes that he's backed up into a corner.

Being capable of sensing one thing happening doesn't mean the ESP is precise enough to track an invisible opponent.
Johnny was able to sense that thing happening without looking, so him sensing an invisible opponent shouldn't be out of the question. Also, Johnny is very smart and knowledgeable with his equipment. He'll know what equipment to use. If someone's invisible, he can either:
1. Sense them
2. Use his Turbo Action Backpack to avoid ground attacks
3. Shrink his size via Shrink Ray to make a harder target to hit.
4. Time Stop

He's more likely to use equipment then sense the opponent.
Also, his own invisibility is countered by Con who has daredevil-like hearing.
Fair.

I mean, time stop and then what? When time is stopped he can't really find an invisible guy, whose invisibility timer (roughly 1 minute) isn't gonna run out while he's frozen.
Refer to what I said above.

Also I should say, the Smiths have some specters bound to them with ESP that often give them advice, so after the first death (assuming Johnny doesn't lose the first fight which could very well happen) they might get some intel on Johnny through that.
Key word being "some." They'll get whatever information they received throughout the first fight (unless I'm missing something), and Johnny still has plenty of other options to use (Time Manipulation, Possession, Sleep Manipulation, Morality Manipulation, etc.).

In addition to that, Dan's analytical prediction is out of this world, he's capable of following and predicting every single bullets in a firefight against a hundred-something opponents (the fan translation here is kinda shit here i'm afraid, it's the only one of this story. Still I assume the general meaning was carried through)
Cool. Don't see how this is countering Johnny's hax.

Johnny was able to sense that thing happening without looking, so him sensing an invisible opponent shouldn't be out of the question. Also, Johnny is very smart and knowledgeable with his equipment. He'll know what equipment to use. If someone's invisible, he can either:
1. Sense them
I mean, it doesn't look that specific, I think "oh shit, i'm in danger" isn't a get out of jail free card in plenty of circumstances.
2. Use his Turbo Action Backpack to avoid ground attacks
Eh, this isn't really anything unseen, I mean flight is nice but there's a whole slew of jetpack-wielding enemies in Killer7.
3. Shrink his size via Shrink Ray to make a harder target to hit.
What size are we talking? Even the less accurate Smiths can lock onto targets perfectly and quickly shoot down enemies that resemble small, fast birds. In fact literally enemy in K7 has a tiny weak spot you're encouraged or sometimes forced to shoot.
Key word being "some." They'll get whatever information they received throughout the first fight (unless I'm missing something), and Johnny still has plenty of other options to use (Time Manipulation, Possession, Sleep Manipulation, Morality Manipulation, etc.).
No, the ghosts have ESP/Clairvoyance so the intel they receive isn't tied to what the Smiths (who share memories) have experienced. Basically the ghosts are a way to canonize tutorials and shit so they typically have fairly extensive info on bosses and enemies.
Cool. Don't see how this is countering Johnny's hax.
If Johnny gets shot to death ten seconds into the fight and killed instantly after Dan predicts/precogs (he has precog too) his dodge attempt and adapts to it I think that'll be a good counter.

I still think Johnny gets killed before he really realizes he's that outmatched, but generally, that's probably correct.

Though I feel like some of Johnny's equipment should be removed, as it would give Johnny a pretty easy win here.
I did mention that any optional equipment that has high levels of hax or go above 8-B are automatically restricted. Otherwise, he gets everything else.

I still think Johnny gets killed before he really realizes he's that outmatched
Given that the debate seems to have stopped, you can count this as a vote. If needed I can give a more elaborate description of their skill, but honestly even just the info analysis feat should kinda prove how nuts they are in comparison to Johnny.

Back