• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Thing I Noticed

While browsing Zeldris' page, I noticed this:

• God: Zeldris' magic power, given to him by the Demon King. He can use it to seal others' magic, which he did to Drole. It has been implied that using it makes him much more powerful than he is normally. This Power allows him to be resistant to all types of magic, and remain virtually untouched by them.
This is specified to be different from him just sealing magic, so there's no reason this shouldn't be outright resistance. The only real debatable thing about this is whether it includes The Ruler or not, which isn't exactly something I'm prepared to debate as I'm not really knowledgeable on NNT.

I don't think that would include the Ruler. Since DK wouldn't give someone a power that gives them resistance to an ability only he has.

Well, Zeldris still didn't have the ability to rebel if that's what you're implying, since DK could just take God back whenever he wanted.

I mean, either way, I don't see why he would give him a resistance to it. It would only ever help in a fight against the DK.

I mean all God does is boost Zeldris' AP and give him magic negation and magic sealing. He also has like a passive magic negating aura around him which negates magic attacks from characters stronger than him but that's about it. Nothing in the series said he has resistance to all types of magic. There are also some magic like Gowther's Invasion which seems to bypass Ruler which is basically a better version of God.

The description on the page differentiates the sealing from the outright resistance. Nothing about it implies that the sealing is passive, or why this would make the resistance part just not exist. That's just a feat for Invasion though, not an anti-feat for something that distinctly is not God.

I never said the sealing is passive though. I only said the magic negation is passive. It's just a type of power nullification so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with resistance. Nobody in the series ever mentioned him having resistance to all types of magic. They only said he negates magic that's all.

I mean, the description of it on the page disagrees. There's no point in saying that even magic that hits him won't do anything if that's not what is actually happening, or if it literally didn't do that and it just made the magic never be launched in the first place.

I don't even know who made the page or added that. All I know is that power null shouldn't count as resistance. And both his magic nullification and magic sealing is more of a physical contact thing. He negates magic attacks that are directed at him and could seal opponent's magic upon physical contact.

I'm not saying that the power null = resistance to magic. I'm saying that God gives both power null AND resistance to magic.

But that's the thing I've been trying to say. It has never been stated in the series that God gives him resistance to magic. It has only been shown and stated to be magic negation and magic sealing. That's just a line that a user added to the profile description of God.

Back